• Hell no, I do not want the hassles 35 votes
    25%
  • I love my rental properties 48 votes
    34%
  • I have been thinking about doing that 28 votes
    20%
  • I used to and called it quits 31 votes
    22%

(Multiple choice - 142 votes by 141 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7E1755C7-8593-4FA2-92A9-9E2FE625EE32 (resized).jpeg
STFU Donnie (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
6F4F8A2D-CABB-420F-9A7C-D1DF45B82DCF (resized).jpeg
laneway (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DCFAN.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#226 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

If they were otherwise good tenants for 5 years I would let it go myself. (I am easy going).

Another reason to let it go is that during the time they lived there it sounds like the tenant was trying not to bother the landlord with small repair items that would have added up in time spent and repair costs. It is easier for the landlord to just get the place fixed up all at once after they have moved out as long as what the tenant did to keep things working did not result in something major like leaks causing mold in the walls.

#227 2 years ago

From about 1997 to 2006 my wife and I had a condo we were renting to a person on section 8 subsidies. The place was getting dingy over the years from lack of cosmetic maintenance such as interior painting, but the tenant did not generally ask for much in terms of repairs other than a few clear problems like the heating element going out in the water heater. The last year or so that she lived there she had a hard time paying her portion so she fell behind by about $1000 over about 9 months. We decided not to pressure her too much because we were getting 80 or 90% of the monthly rent from the county section 8 program and she had been mostly a low trouble tenant. In the end we asked her to move out because my wife's son needed a place to live and we also felt the place really needed to be freshened up. We waved the money she still owed on the condition that she moved out on time designated in our eviction notice. The eviction was amicable.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DCFAN.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-landlords-here-please-post-tips-and-stories?tu=DCFAN and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.