(Topic ID: 257270)

Any Knife Enthusiasts or Collectors here?

By RTR

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 121 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by avspin
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Any Knife Enthusiasts or Collectors here? ”

• This is a really sharp topic! 14 votes
    45%
  • Nope, too dull for Pinside! 8 votes
    26%
  • What's an EDC? 9 votes
    29%

(31 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2019-12-30 10.57.51.jpg
2019-12-30 10.57.45.jpg
44FDA604-9721-432F-9135-D90AA607478F (resized).jpeg
957F0D78-C991-422A-9818-2D0D4FFFB0F0 (resized).jpeg
PC232113 (resized).JPG
PC232108 (resized).JPG
PC232105 (resized).JPG
PC232114 (resized).JPG
FECEC54E-CBB3-4A2B-9C7E-ABD8641F4F8E (resized).jpeg
stone (resized).png
D.stone (resized).png
2D111FE0-8428-4C70-B27F-280C0B0573C3 (resized).jpeg
20191223_072716 (resized).jpg
IMG_6265 (resized).JPG
Old Timer (resized).png
20191213_191508 (resized).jpg
There are 121 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 4 years ago

There have been some other non-pinball collecting threads - I was wondering if there are any knife collectors on Pinside? Spyderco, Kershaw, Custom, Buck, Benchmade, James, William Henry, Esee, Tops ?

What is your EDC today? EDC = Every Day Carry (a knife you carry frequently)

2019-12-10 17.45.52 (resized).jpg2019-12-10 17.45.52 (resized).jpg

#2 4 years ago

I don't collect but got 2 guys I work with that were on that forged in steel, or whatever that show was. if anybody is looking for custom knives I can put you in touch with them. One guy won it, other guy got second I think.

#3 4 years ago

I’ve got quite a few. I’ll click a pick and post. I’m into small or micro knives.

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

I don't collect but got 2 guys I work with that were on that forged in steel, or whatever that show was. if anybody is looking for custom knives I can put you in touch with them. One guy won it, other guy got second I think.

My son is a hobbyist knife maker - nothing like those guys yet, but that's what he wants to do one day.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from Nhpolarbear:

I’ve got quite a few. I’ll click a pick and post. I’m into small or micro knives.

Do these little Spyderco's count as micro knives?
2019-12-10 18.53.24 (resized).jpg2019-12-10 18.53.24 (resized).jpg

#6 4 years ago

About 20 years ago I treated myself to a Chris Reeve Sebenza, unique graphic, raindrop damascus blade and it has been my EDC ever since. I have a much nicer "day one" photo somewhere, but it has spent a lot of time in the real world and has the scrapes to prove it.

My new bad habit though is collecting Japanese kitchen knives. I tried to sell my wife that they are a gift for both of us but she isn't buying that.

CR sebenza (resized).JPGCR sebenza (resized).JPG
#7 4 years ago

That Damascus pattern with circles, swirls and stars is SWEET!!!

#8 4 years ago

Not a collector but about a year ago decided I wanted a couple nice knives. Love the benchmade axis lock. Both rocking black mini clips and both use crucible steel made 5 miles from my house

Bugout (s30v) with carbon scales is my backpacking/edc.

The super freek (m4) is the trophy wife.
26E17F8F-FD7E-4818-A1E4-3610B04672A0 (resized).png26E17F8F-FD7E-4818-A1E4-3610B04672A0 (resized).png

#9 4 years ago

I'm not yet. But after this past weekends auction buys, I might be.

34967917_1.jpg34967917_1.jpg
#10 4 years ago

Digging the micro knives.

Can you tell me anything about them? Age etc.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from Nhpolarbear:

Digging the micro knives.
Can you tell me anything about them? Age etc.

The tiny Spyderco's are not old, you can get them on Amazon for about $16. Can find them on eBay a little cheaper, called Spyderco Bug. All stainless, kind of a keychain knife.

SPECIFICATIONS - Closed Length: 1.63", Overall Length: 2.9", Blade Length.27" Blade Steel: 3Cr Grind Full-Flat

#12 4 years ago

I have no idea how that emoji got into ^^^^ that post. I copied and pasted the specs from amazon?

#13 4 years ago

I have 2 Benchmade auto knives and a Spyderco assisted. The Spyderco is nice for the money, but its hard to beat a Benchmade.

#14 4 years ago

Not a collector but I bought a Case Toothpick knife from Amazon for myself a month ago and I love that little thing. I'm going to be pissed when I loose it!

#15 4 years ago

I love pocket Knives.
In this moment here's my EDC

CIVIVI (We Knife)
elementum c907ds

2019-11-28 12.40.50-2 (resized).jpg2019-11-28 12.40.50-2 (resized).jpg
#16 4 years ago
Quoted from Nhpolarbear:

Are these micro? My dad gave em to me in 1965 when I was 5. Mother of pearl, steel blades. Does anyone have any info on them? I always assumed they were out of vending mach in the 50s

20191211_093027 (resized).jpg20191211_093027 (resized).jpg
#17 4 years ago

I bought this in New Mexico a few years ago. Can’t find artists name.

499997F1-268E-4EEF-8947-753A472F6F76 (resized).jpeg499997F1-268E-4EEF-8947-753A472F6F76 (resized).jpeg
#18 4 years ago

You call that a knife? Now this is a knife.

#19 4 years ago

Those are micro. The one in middle is my favorite.

#20 4 years ago

My fav too. Had em fr 55 yrs now, but never used as a carry

#21 4 years ago

Those are not micro. Fascinating. He called it a utility knife. Not what I would call it!

#22 4 years ago

It’s a cool piece with a history. Enjoy them!

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

That Damascus pattern with circles, swirls and stars is SWEET!!

I enjoy it as much today as when I first bought it. There are so many more damascus patterns available today than when I had this done - Devin Thomas and others have really done wonders with their creativity in creating new and interesting patterns.

#24 4 years ago

Many moons ago I was a Hibben collector, had some pretty rare pieces and one movie used Rambo III knife.

#25 4 years ago

I bought the John Wick set from micro tech More as a collectible than EDC. But my Benchmade OTF is my EDC knife.

#26 4 years ago

Some of these knives look like they came from the Geico gecko.

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from LorenZ:

CIVIVI (We Knife)
elementum c907ds

That is very sweet - and the price is right! I hadn’t heard of them before but now I need to do some shopping I see.

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from DanDanDAN:

Many moons ago I was a Hibben collector, had some pretty rare pieces

I has a switch blade years ago. No idea what became of it. I miss it.

LTG : )

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I has a switch blade years ago. No idea what became of it. I miss it.

Switchblades (auto knives) are now legal to carry in many states.

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinmeister:

Switchblades (auto knives) are now legal to carry in many states.

I had it taped to my leg when I worked for my Father. No idea if it was legal then or not. Carried brass knuckles in my pocket.

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from Orko:

I bought the John Wick set from micro tech More as a collectible than EDC. But my Benchmade OTF is my EDC knife.

Uh, I think we are gonna need pics of the John Wick Microtech knives!

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Uh, I think we are gonna need pics of the John Wick Microtech knives!

I can make that happen.

#33 4 years ago

I noticed the poll shows 5 votes for "What's an EDC?" - For those who don't know, it stands for Every Day Carry - the knife you carry as part of your normal gear every day. It sometimes changes for your activity.

I have different EDC's depending on whether I am hiking, hunting, fishing, opening Christmas presents, etc.

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I had it taped to my leg when I worked for my Father. No idea if it was legal then or not. Carried brass knuckles in my pocket.

Dirty Harry...I mean Dirty Lloyd?

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

Dirty Harry...I mean Dirty Lloyd?

No. Just aware that the area where my Father's arcade was in the 1970 era wasn't a safe place to work. A few street riots. Crime galore. We had a huge trained guard dog too.

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

Dirty Harry...?

This would have been pre Dirty Harry.

#37 4 years ago

Would Jack Crain be the Jpop of knife making?

#38 4 years ago

I started looking into knives soon after I saw this thread. Had to Google what EDC was, but now I want one!

#39 4 years ago

My grandpa always carried a pocket knife. I’ve never felt the need for an EDC but I do like to know where my LeatherMan is at all times.

I’d be very interested in some direction on how to sharpen a knife.

#40 4 years ago

Lloyd:

Where was your dads arcade located? Is it the same today?

#41 4 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Would Jack Crain be the Jpop of knife making?

I don’t think so.... It appears none of Jacks knives are made up of foam core, and they are actually functional. They also appear to be complete and ready to use.

#42 4 years ago

I have had 3 EDCs, all Gerbers. I rarely fly, but I lost my first two to airline check-in. The third one I am on now is going on year 8. I can’t imagine not having a knife, I use it for random things all the time.

#43 4 years ago

I don't know that I'd call myself a collector but I've always liked pocket knives and have around 40-50. Here are some, I'll dig some more out next time I'm in my storage boxes. I have a lot of case, some gerber, a Bob Duley boot knife, my original boyscout knife when I was a scout, some political knifes that I got at the time they were running for Pres., and just a lot more. Oh the big orange one is the OJ Juicer lol

PKnives3 (resized).pngPKnives3 (resized).pngPknives1 (resized).pngPknives1 (resized).pngPknives4 (resized).pngPknives4 (resized).pngpKnives2 (resized).pngpKnives2 (resized).png
#44 4 years ago

I carry the yellow case and the blue thumb flip case most of the time, switching off at times of coarse. I grew up carrying a pocket knife my whole life from about 10 to now at 63 but it is fast becoming a world where you can't carry a "pocket Knife" as entrance into most buildings will not allow it, or the air lines too. I've given my son and my grandson knives as well but like I said they have to be selective when they carry them.

Pknives (resized).pngPknives (resized).png
#45 4 years ago

I was an EDC guy too, farming you always need a knife. But, lost 1 to airlines and 1 at a concert. So my edcs today are in all my vehicles and equipment. really like the craftsman razor exchange folders. Cheap and always sharp. Not very collectible tho,,,,

#46 4 years ago

Yrs ago I gave my 80plus knife collection to my son, I add to his collection yearly

#47 4 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Do these little Spyderco's count as micro knives?
[quoted image]

That's not a knife.

C8hQlolXUAQrTEf (resized).jpgC8hQlolXUAQrTEf (resized).jpg

#48 4 years ago
PB220236 (resized).JPGPB220236 (resized).JPG
#49 4 years ago
PB220237 (resized).JPGPB220237 (resized).JPG
#50 4 years ago
PB220241 (resized).JPGPB220241 (resized).JPG
There are 121 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-knife-collectors-here- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.