“My EHOH is:”

• Perfect, no problems 12 votes
    67%
  • has some pooling or chipping 0 votes
  • other, please tell me about it 6 votes
    33%

(18 votes)

#1 9 months ago

I have not purchased NIB in a while because of all the issues I have read about here, but I would like to have a EHOH.

I am mainly doing this for the poll.

Thanks!

#2 9 months ago

Side vuk doesn’t work. Sooo off centre it is crazy. Will have to redrill. Had hang ups w house too. Ah, what do you want for $14,000 CAD?

#3 9 months ago

EHoH is an awesome, fun game! Very much worth the purchase.

Personally, I have only had three issues:
1. Stern issued revised ball guides for behind the house to make the Backdoor Unskilled Shot make-able. (Anything built after 11/2019 is correct.)
2. Stern issued a bulletin on fixing the position of the Crypt Kicker VUK. I adjusted mine, but it's still not perfect. I don't really worry about it because it's not necessary to hit the trunk targets to vanquish the Dead Heads. It just takes a couple extra shots.
3. I had an issue with my house diverter. One video to Pablo at Stern and he shipped me a new assembly. The new one works perfectly.

Here's the way I see it: It's possible for any game to have any issue. It's possible for any game to have no issues at all. These games are assembled by hand. Every one will most likely be slightly different. Mistakes can be made. As long as they're not gross, I don't mind making adjustments or installing different hardware if needed. As far as I'm concerned, it's the nature of the beast.

As far as pooling or chipping, I can't recall any issues brought up in the owners' thread. Mine is still perfect. I, however, cannot say the same for my AIQ which has one small chip.

If you can get the game, do it. In the long run, you won't regret it. It's my favorite game in my collection.

#4 9 months ago

Like many games, it’s hit or miss with who was working the line that day.

I only have occasional issues with the house diverter - I’ve realigned it once, but perhaps not correctly, as I still sometimes get bounce outs.

Everyone seems to have issues with the Crypt VUK needing realignment. Other than that... nope

#5 9 months ago

I have a somewhat later release (I have had it for about a year). Have had no issues. I have two operator friends who got it early. Their experience was a disaster. Too much to even go into. Sounds like many of the early bugs and boo boos have been worked out. But it IS pinball. Good luck.

#6 9 months ago

Like many others my vuk wouldnt work, would take several attempts to simply eject the ball. I did the dreaded redrill fix from Stern, but it wasnt nearly as scary as it sounded. Vuk works flawless now. Also had some other minor things such as adjusting the left orbit to feed the flipper instead of the sling, etc.

That said, EHOH is by far the favorite game in our home. Would buy again in a heartbeat on this one, its a winner.

#7 9 months ago

The price tag - so i play the one on location lol

#8 9 months ago

I have a deposit down from one and this game is and will be my favorite. Whole family played it on location and they love it also.

#9 9 months ago

VuK issue which is well documented - not fixed
Initial problems with the ball getting hung up when plunging - fixed
Ball coming down the left orbit hitting left sling - fixed
Occasionally the front door ramp does not always come down. I’m pretty sure this is a bug in software but I have not seen anyone else complain about it - not fixed
Skill shot - fixed

Even with all the problems, one of my favorite Stern pins. Great rules, funny call outs and need to play well. It looks easy but missed shots on this game are a killer.

#10 9 months ago

VuK issue which is well documented - not fixed
Initial problems with the ball getting hung up when plunging - fixed
Ball coming down the left orbit hitting left sling - fixed
Occasionally the front door ramp does not always come down. I’m pretty sure this is a bug in software but I have not seen anyone else complain about it - not fixed
Skill shot - fixed

Even with all the problems, one of my favorite Stern pins. Great rules, funny call outs and need to play well. It looks easy but missed shots on this game are a killer.

#11 9 months ago

Mine has been flawless except I had to change the ball guides for the back door shot.
My Favorite pin I’ve owned to date

#12 9 months ago

The one I played had VUK issues. Nothing un-fixable.

Really cool game tho. New code looks awesome.

#13 9 months ago

Numerous opto issues with the house. It's not a friendly design or easy to work on. We've had the playfield out of the game multiple times trying to deal with that. For months the game was not working more than it was working.

#14 9 months ago

Stern should make a template for the Vick issue so that you can mark exactly where the hole should be.

#15 9 months ago

I have been playing one in route for about a year. I am sure it gets a ton of plays , I know every time I am there I am dropping money in it, and I have never seen it down. Love the game and keep thinking about buying one since they are supposed to be a new run available in April. Very close to pulling the trigger on this one.

#16 9 months ago

Thank You All for the response.

Between your comments and the poll #'s I feel a lot more comfortable about getting one of these.

(I had been reading the "continued playfield issues with Stern and JJP" thread before I started this topic).

I personally had never had a Stern with any pooling or chipping, but the JJP Pirates I had did have severe pooling, but nothing ever happened before I sold it with around 1600 plays.

I have just been paranoid about playfield quality for a while when buying NIB.

Hopefully everything is good now except for the minor screw came loose, etc. that is to be expected during transport.

#17 9 months ago

The reason I got to play an SE was because it had some house opto issues too which were able to be addressed. Once the issues were fixed that game is a must for a collection.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside