You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3dea21b8a1f782cd159005e2de6180b652a53af3 (resized).jpg
IMG_0581 (resized).JPG
#1 6 years ago

Hi guys.
I have played Aerosmith LE and loved it.
Thinking about a pro model, only thing that I dident like was the mini pf.

Are there any issues with Aerosmith Pro models, expect bad cabinets?

#2 6 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

Hi guys.
I have played Aerosmith LE and loved it.
Thinking about a pro model, only thing that I dident like was the mini pf.
Are there any issues with Aerosmith Pro models, expect bad cabinets?

Love my pro. The cabinet issues seems to only apply to a small group of machines. I did get one of those machines affected but Stern always makes things right so nothing to really worry about.

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

Pro is awesome. can't go wrong!

LE was awesome but that upper pf was doll

IMG_0581 (resized).JPGIMG_0581 (resized).JPG

#5 6 years ago

The Pro model is awesome and a blast to play. I love mine.

#6 6 years ago

Zero issues so far. Pro is very fun to play. Love mine as well.

#7 6 years ago

Depends on who you ask. Most of us that own an Aerosmith really like it and have had very few issues. Other then the GB playfield issues that can be said about almost every game released though. If you listen to the peanut gallery you would believe that stern has found a way to make pinball machines so cheap that the cabinets fall apart, the playfields will spontaneously ghost every insert at any moment, the parts are so cheap stern has $50 invested in each game, and most importantly the code will never be good enough. They will also say that AS owners won't say anything negative because we are protecting our investment.

I'm just having fun playing the game. Mine is an LE and I had to make one minor adjustment out of the box.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

If you listen to the peanut gallery you would believe that stern has found a way to make pinball machines so cheap that the cabinets fall apart, the playfields will spontaneously ghost every insert at any moment, the parts are so cheap stern has $50 invested in each game, and most importantly the code will never be good enough.

Aerosmith is a fun game to play for sure, but this is reality for way more people than it should be...nothing make believe about it. I've seen multiple copies of every NIB game come and go over the last 6 years and I have never seen anything like this, especially after only 2 months. I don't know what the problem is or if it has been fixed, but for something like this to happen to the cabinets at the frequency it was happening, there definitely is/was an issue.

3dea21b8a1f782cd159005e2de6180b652a53af3 (resized).jpg3dea21b8a1f782cd159005e2de6180b652a53af3 (resized).jpg

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Aerosmith is a fun game to play for sure, but this is reality for way more people than it should be...nothing make believe about it. I've seen multiple copies of every NIB game come and go over the last 6 years and I have never seen anything like this, especially after only 2 months. I don't know what the problem is or if it has been fixed, but for something like this to happen to the cabinets at the frequency it was happening, there definitely is/was an issue.

What da F... what does stern doo about this?

#10 6 years ago

My AS Pro was built March 31st....not a single issue with it. The left outlane pisses me off but I just need to play better

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

That sir is very concerning. Any word on if stern is doing anything about this for you? Feel bad for you man.

#12 6 years ago

I have around 1700 plays on my Aerosmith Pro and have only had a few issues:

--wireform at lock saucer kept falling off because the form was too short, Stern supplied a revised version under warranty. I did have to rework that wireform as it was getting stuck between the ramp and the bracket.
--right flipper coil stop failed(typical metal shavings in bottom of cabinet) and was replaced under warranty
--a couple of stuck ball locations, not unusual

All in all, it is holding up well, other than a slight split in cabinet body at the front corners.

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

That sir is very concerning. Any word on if stern is doing anything about this for you? Feel bad for you man.

It isn't my game, it is my friend's game. I don't know if he has said anything to his distributor about it or not. I just took a picture and posted about it in the "Sterns New Cabinets" thread because lots of other people were having the same problem with the cabinet splitting and they were trying to figure out how widespread the issue was.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-new-cabinets

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
6,984 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.75
$ 19.95
Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-issues-on-aerosmith-pro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.