(Topic ID: 10474)

Any Iowegians ever been to perfect games in Ames?

By mojozone

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by PaulyB18
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

I'm going to Ames to visit some friends in a couple weeks, and was wondering if there were any pins at Perfect Games? if so what are they if you remember. thanks guys.

#2 12 years ago

Last I knew they had a CC and MM

#3 12 years ago

played MM, havn't played a CC, so i would love it if they had one to play. thanks baller

#4 12 years ago

Baller LOL!!!

#5 12 years ago

I wish i was a little bit taller, I wish i was a baller....

#6 12 years ago

Iowegians? I went to ISU in Ames and thought it was just Iowans.....

#7 12 years ago

Yea not sure if I'm diggin the whole Iowegians.... Iowans is much better... if you can even say that. On Wisconsin?

#9 12 years ago

Originally, it was a "term of endearment" for us Norwegians that settled in Iowa, hence Iowegian. However that name over the years kind of grew to be a term of endearment for anyone living in Iowa. History lesson over, Uff Da dontcha know!

#10 12 years ago

Gotcha - learn something new everyday!

#11 12 years ago
    Quoted from ssathre:

Originally, it was a "term of endearment" for us Norwegians that settled in Iowa, hence Iowegian. However that name over the years kind of grew to be a term of endearment for anyone living in Iowa. History lesson over, Uff Da dontcha know!

Interesting... I'd never heard the term before, but it makes sense given the backstory. Don't think there's a Wisconsin equivalent though. I'm about a third Norwegian so I probably wouldn't be worthy of the title anyway.

#12 12 years ago
    Quoted from ssathre:

paulyb18 said:Iowegians

Interesting story, thanks for sharing!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-iowegians-ever-been-to-perfect-games-in-ames and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.