(Topic ID: 33479)

Any interest in retro type LEDs at about .55 each

By Benepinballs

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 11 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

It's funny how everyone keeps thinking CoinTaker manufactures these LEDs themselves. They buy them from a Chinese supplier and pass the added shipping costs + profit on to us. Now we have an option to buy these more directly for a much cheaper price. I have no problem supporting that.

Who thinks Cointaker makes them? Didn't see anyone say that

#52 11 years ago
    Quoted from Benepinballs:

I basically just gave him Cointaker ones, so I am sure his guy in china just copied them exactly and reverse engineered them.

Quoted from Homepin:

Cointaker will be happy to know that.....

Quoted from Winball_Pizard:

Maybe the Chinese will figure out why one LED from Cointaker cost $1.29.

#53 11 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Who thinks Cointaker makes them? Didn't see anyone say that

#54 11 years ago

Who's on first?

2 weeks later
    #55 11 years ago

Any word when this might be available? Days, weeks, months....never?

#56 11 years ago

I'm in, PM me when they're ready to buy. I'd buy a couple hundred of each probably.

#57 11 years ago

Hey BENE, Whats the word on these LED's? I am interested but we haven't heard from you for quite a while.

#58 11 years ago

Yep, add my name to the list.

#59 11 years ago

You mentioned multiple colors. Any chance of color changing ones?

#60 11 years ago

Nothing happens fast in China despite what some think..................

#61 11 years ago

The warm retros from Cointaker are the only way to go for GI lighting. Unless you look at them directly you would think they are standard incandecent bulbs. In those few locations where you see the bulb directly you can still leave an incandecent in.

#62 11 years ago

The gap is narrowing, CT now sells the Warm Retro's in Lots of 100 for $89 on their new site.

#63 11 years ago

I would consider these if the retros weren't so bright. The warm white frosted LEDs have superior light spread, but look a little cool in my opinion. Can someone compare warm white frosteds vs retros under plastics?

#64 11 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

I would consider these if the retros weren't so bright. The warm white frosted LEDs have superior light spread, but look a little cool in my opinion. Can someone compare warm white frosteds vs retros under plastics?

Yes and those are now .59 in bulk at their new site. Gonna try to see if any locals wanna split a bulk order in the near future.

#65 11 years ago

What new site? Doesn't look any different, and I don't see a bulk discount option when I add them to my cart.

#67 11 years ago
    Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Yes and those are now .59 in bulk at their new site.

Quoted from Crash:

What new site?

To Funny !!!!!!!! CoinTaker Rules ...

#68 11 years ago

Well crap! I ordered 100+retros about a month ago. Oh well least I got the pinside discount.

#69 11 years ago

I would be interested if they are the 'non-ghosting' type. These are about twice as costly even on CT's new site. Not sure your source will be able to come down significantly on their price. I support CT, but wish their prices were more in line with other offerings. No one else has retro non-ghosting......yet. That type is best for GI lighting on EM pins IMO.

#70 11 years ago

Interested.

There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-interest-in-retro-type-leds-at-about-55-each/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.