image-927.jpg
image-28.jpg
image-861.jpg
image-378.jpg
image-823.jpg
image-123.jpg
image-281.jpg
image.jpg
There are 447 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 9.
#201 10 years ago

I'm In for a set....

#202 10 years ago

I am in for a set as well.

#203 10 years ago

I'm in for 2 Bryan ...thx
Aaron

#205 10 years ago

I would like a set.

#206 10 years ago

I'm in for a set.

#208 10 years ago

I'd like one also

#210 10 years ago

I'll take a set. Thanks.

#211 10 years ago

May I pay for one? "SKOL"

#212 10 years ago

I would like a set.

1 week later
#213 10 years ago

ETA????

#214 10 years ago

I would like to sign up for a set of these!

Thanks!

#215 10 years ago

Mark me down. +1

#217 10 years ago

I would like a set. Thanks

#218 10 years ago

I'll take a set as well.

#219 10 years ago

that's a lot of sets.....

#221 10 years ago

We should send Bryan after the Raul Julia estate since it looks like he can get shit done.

#222 10 years ago

Pretty sure this will not have the blessing of Universal... Rick yes... Universal I don't think so.

#223 10 years ago

I will most certainly take a set!

#224 10 years ago

Bryan I don't suppose you have side by side shots of digital vs screen do you?

#225 10 years ago

I'll take a set.

#226 10 years ago

I will take 3 sets please

#227 10 years ago

Put me down for one too.

#228 10 years ago

Depending on price point, I might be down for an additional set above the one I obligated myself to earlier in this post as well since I did indeed acquire a BSD since my post.

#229 10 years ago

I do not. The samples I had were 4" square plastics with the yellow/gold and purple both screened and digital. It's hard to describe, but the screened one was a perfect solid color while the digital one, while the color being the same, appeared like a million tiny dots making up the color. The screened one looked "richer." This was the case with plastics that had a lot of one solid color.

On busier pieces with more art, you couldn't tell the difference between the two, so a few of the pieces might be done digitally.

We also did the white backing screened and digital and found the screened to be better. While they both appeared white, the digital one had a rough feel to it, similar to maybe 1000 grit sand paper. The screened one was nice and smooth.

The way it looks, most will be screened with a few done digitally, but all of them will get the white backing screened.

Quoted from Aurich:

Bryan I don't suppose you have side by side shots of digital vs screen do you?

#230 10 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I do not. The samples I had were 4" square plastics with the yellow/gold and purple both screened and digital. It's hard to describe, but the screened one was a perfect solid color while the digital one, while the color being the same, appeared like a million tiny dots making up the color. The screened one looked "richer." This was the case with plastics that had a lot of one solid color.

Yup, that's exactly why screened is going to look better, no 4 color process dithering, was just curious if you had a photo. Glad to hear you're going with the high quality version, I wish Stern would do screened plastics.

#231 10 years ago

I hear ya, but I doubt you'll see screened plastics again. I believe WOZ are done digitally also. The advantage to digital is you can run as few sets as you want. With screened, you need to make many to get the cost even close to digital.

Quoted from Aurich:

I wish Stern would do screened plastics.

#232 10 years ago

That ain't gonna happen. You need someone like Rick at PPS to secure a license like TAF. In order to pay for the license cost, you need to make everything associate with TAF....playfields, plastics, artwork, speaker panels, etc.

Quoted from lordloss:

We should send Bryan after the Raul Julia estate since it looks like he can get shit done.

#233 10 years ago

Sweet! Thanks for the updates

#234 10 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

Sweet! Thanks for the updates

Count me in 3 sets!

#235 10 years ago

I'm in for a set. Thanks Bryan!

#236 9 years ago

Latest update....plastic has been ordered and artwork is off to the printer. I'm happy to say, the added cost wasn't that much, so all the artwork will be screened. No digital.

I'll let everyone know, as soon as I know more.

#237 9 years ago

Thats what I'm talkin bout! Thx Bryan

#238 9 years ago

My apologies to those who've been waiting. Hell, my own BSD restore has been sitting for 2 months waiting for plastics. If I were doing these, they'd be done, but I don't have the ability. My buddy, who does have the ability, has a real job during the day and simply hasn't had the time he thought he would to get these done in a timely manner.

#239 9 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

My apologies to those who've been waiting. Hell, my own BSD restore has been sitting for 2 months waiting for plastics. If I were doing these, they'd be done, but I don't have the ability. My buddy, who does have the ability, has a real job during the day and simply hasn't had the time he thought he would to get these done in a timely manner.

No worries Bryan. Thanks for taking this on.

#240 9 years ago

I should also mention, with presales around 140 or so, I'm having 200 sets made initially. This number gets my screening costs down to a decent number. Once these 200 initial sets are gone, I'm not sure when I'm going to feel ambitious enough to make another 200. So if you want a set, now is the time to get them.

#241 9 years ago

I'm in for 1 set

#243 9 years ago

i would purchase said set !

#244 9 years ago

TAKE MY MONEY!!!!!! My game is sitting waiting for these babies.

Shaun

#245 9 years ago

Put me in for a set please

#246 9 years ago

I'll take two sets .this game is a definite keeper!

#247 9 years ago

I will take a set.

#248 9 years ago

I'd like to have a set

#249 9 years ago

Put me down for a Set!!!

#250 9 years ago

Just picked up a BSD today. Would like a set of these as well if a spot is open. Thanks.

There are 447 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-interest-in-repro-bsd-plastic-sets/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.