image-927.jpg
image-28.jpg
image-861.jpg
image-378.jpg
image-823.jpg
image-123.jpg
image-281.jpg
image.jpg
There are 447 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 9.
#1 10 years ago

I'm thinking about getting these made but not sure how many to make. Respond here and I'll keep track.

I could also use an NOS set or high rez scans to go from. I'd be more than happy to pay someone with a repro set for the use of the NOS set. This would make it easier than using my near perfect set.

#2 10 years ago

We (CPR) have been trying to get the Licensing now for a couple of years......

We have a full NOS Set already scanned....

#3 10 years ago

I would take a set.

#4 10 years ago

Add me to the list Stu! =)

#6 10 years ago

I'm in for a set

#8 10 years ago

In. Go whomever gets the license first, Go!

#9 10 years ago

Outside of the ugly proto sling plastics, is there even any art that would require licensing? Couldn't you sell a set without those?

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from RazerX:

Outside of the ugly proto sling plastics, is there even any art that would require licensing? Couldn't you sell a set without those?

What's so ugly about them?? I think they are cool and neat-o!

I'm in for a set.

#11 10 years ago

I will take a set. Please and Thank You.

#12 10 years ago

Yes i would order 2 sets . Thankyou.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

We (CPR) have been trying to get the Licensing now for a couple of years......
We have a full NOS Set already scanned....

Doesn't sound good if the license holders aren't allowing it after a few years.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

We (CPR) have been trying to get the Licensing now for a couple of years...We have a full NOS Set already scanned....

Bryan...do you want me to go find my set and possibly scan/mail them for you or will you be getting the scans from Stu?

Robert

#16 10 years ago

I need them bad!

#17 10 years ago

For what it's worth, when I asked Rick about this about 6 months ago - RE: getting all of BSD's stuff official redone - he said that Sony wanted too much $ to make it viable AND all of the bootleg stuff - cab decals et. al made him move this project to the bottom of the list...

Just an FYI.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Someone find me high rez scans or an NOS set and I'll worry about the rest. It won't be the first time Rick threatened to throw me in jail.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from Xenon75:

For what it's worth, when I asked Rick about this about 6 months ago - RE: getting all of BSD's stuff official redone - he said that Sony wanted too much $ to make it viable AND all of the bootleg stuff - cab decals et. al made him move this project to the bottom of the list...
Just an FYI.

Rick and I have had the same discussion. There are simply some license holders you will never get a license from. Payment for a license for pinball parts would be like a pimple on their ass and it's understandable.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from joe2012:

I need them bad!

Me too!

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Bryan WILL get it done. Period.

#22 10 years ago

My game has an NOS set on it, but it would be a lot of work pulling them off. Sounds like Stu could set you up with scans.

#23 10 years ago

would buy

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

My game has an NOS set on it, but it would be a lot of work pulling them off. Sounds like Stu could set you up with scans.

Trust me, Jason, I thought of you but yes, it's a pain in the ass to remove them all. Even the one that's riveted. I also would rather have a set that's never been installed in a game.

Thanks for the offer though.

#25 10 years ago

Uh, yeah! Interested! Thanks!

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I'm thinking about getting these made but not sure how many to make. Respond here and I'll keep track.
I could also use an NOS set or high rez scans to go from. I'd be more than happy to pay someone with a repro set for the use of the NOS set. This would make it easier than using my near perfect set.

I would purchase a set. If I end up buying the game, I'll need to send them to the guy who restores the game.

#28 10 years ago

I had an NOS set until I installed it.

#29 10 years ago

I'd take 2 sets for certain, 4 if it helps boost the project to a "go".

#30 10 years ago

I would take a set too

#31 10 years ago

I need a set.

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Trust me, Jason, I thought of you but yes, it's a pain in the ass to remove them all. Even the one that's riveted. I also would rather have a set that's never been installed in a game.
Thanks for the offer though.

These 4 are still in the bag, they were perfect on my game so I left them alone.
Bought this set waaaaay back when Gene was still going to expo.

image.jpgimage.jpg
#33 10 years ago
Quoted from TWeaver:

I would purchase a set. If I end up buying the game, I'll need to send them to the guy who restores the game.

You better play this one before you bring it home for the girls, Mr. Weaver. It ain't no WOZ.

I'll save a set for you.

#34 10 years ago

I also need a set and would be very happy to hear they're available. Thanks Bryan!

This licensing thing is a bummer to say the least. I really feel for guys with new Sterns--If I had one I'd be buying up as many extra parts as I possibly could, because I bet reproducing parts with likenesses and logos, etc. for all these licensed Stern titles will only get more difficult to get done in the future, as licensing gets more and more complex, and the expense increases along with that.

It's just not worth the time and expense for companies like Columbia Pictures to get their legal people to do what's necessary for such a small (I'm sure "negligible", in their minds) customer base. It would likely cost them considerably more than the return on the licensing fee just to do the legal work. I understand their position, but it's very frustrating indeed.

THANKS Bryan, and I really hope this works out!

#35 10 years ago

What is it about the plastics that require licensing? Is it just the proto sling covers with the faces on them? Otherwise, most of the plastics seem to be pretty generic looking... Regardless, I would be in for a set.

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

You better play this one before you bring it home for the girls, Mr. Weaver. It ain't no WOZ.
I'll save a set for you.

Thank you, Mr. Kelly. Good thing for you that, due to its inhospitable climate, Minnesota residents are exempt from any federal laws related to indoor recreational activities. I could give you the citation, but then I'd have to charge you.

#37 10 years ago

I would take a set.

#38 10 years ago

I'm in for a set.

#39 10 years ago

i m in for one set too!!!

#40 10 years ago

I'd like a set as well please.

#41 10 years ago

The one missing plastic on my game is the Winona popcap cover. Unless someone has some extras or a game gets parted out, I'm out of luck. Bizarrely, you can get the speaker cutouts with the same image on ebay anytime.

Because that plastic has her likeness, it may have put the whole set on ice. She's likely the one that opted out back in the day, thus the removal of the proto sling plastics before production--Keanu is the star of JM, after all.

#42 10 years ago

Oh yeah, and I'd be in for a set.

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Bryan WILL get it done. Period.

I have no doubt Bryan could do it. I respect Bryan very much. I just meant it didn't sound good that CPR would get the license to do them.

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from mbt:

What is it about the plastics that require licensing? Is it just the proto sling covers with the faces on them? Otherwise, most of the plastics seem to be pretty generic looking... Regardless, I would be in for a set.

There are a couple questionable ones. It may be an issue and may not. My people are looking into it.

#45 10 years ago

Would people want the proto slings included or have you already bought one of the many sets that are out there?

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Would people want the proto slings included or have you already bought one of the many sets that are out there?

I don't have them and don't feel I need them but wouldn't throw them to the curb if they were included.

Most of my plastics are cracked on my game so I would would be happy with just the main set.

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I have no doubt Bryan could do it. I respect Bryan very much. I just meant it didn't sound good that CPR would get the license to do them.

Sometimes it matters if you have a license and sometimes it doesn't. You just need to know which one you're dealing with.

#48 10 years ago

+1- I would take a set

#49 10 years ago

I'm in also. Thanks

#50 10 years ago

In for 2 sets. Thanks for doing this

There are 447 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-interest-in-repro-bsd-plastic-sets and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.