(Topic ID: 125190)

Any interest in NEW Data East Time Machine plastics?

By Whysnow

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Whysnow
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Just as the thread title states, do you have interest in DETM plastics?

I have a NOS set I recently purchased for my game and before I install them it may be worthwhile to have them reproduced. I have the ability to have them remade in high quality PETG just like other reproduciton plastics are done. Depending on sheet size/plastic fit I would also have duplicates of commonly broken ones remade to include in the full set (slings and the one over the center targets?). I will not be going thorough the effort to have these remade if there is not enough interest. I also will only do it for full sets.

My understanding is that in order to make it reasonably cost effective I would need to have 30-50 sets made at minimum (ideally 50 to keep costs down).

Costs would be inline with what other reproduction plastics sets go for.

Please post up if you want a set of plastics.
If we can get 20 people committed then I can move forward with this. If not, then no worries and I will likely just install my set on my game.

#2 4 years ago

bump to see if there is any interest in this

#3 4 years ago

anyone?

#4 4 years ago

I'm interested.

#5 4 years ago

1 down 19 to go

These will be high quality stuff and similar to what you get from the other manufacturers. I will be using the same process and materials that were used for the BSD plastics that were recently made by Bryan.

#6 4 years ago

I'm torn. I'd love to have these available, but I really don't "need" a set.
If you make these, I guarantee that the very second you sell the last set to someone else, I will have several plastics break.

#7 4 years ago

If you own a TM, you need a set ...

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

I'm torn. I'd love to have these available, but I really don't "need" a set.
If you make these, I guarantee that the very second you sell the last set to someone else, I will have several plastics break.

Yeah that is how is always works when I am in need of parts. I drag my feet and then they are gone forever.

This really is different as I am not going to take on the effort of this project unless there is enough fanfare to make it worth the time. It will take sizable effort to get super high quality scans, many hours of making the scans perfect in post, working with friends to cash in favors and get them professionally made. I was told 50 sets is the minimum order I can place to make it worthwhile and cost effective. So in other words if 20 people are not interested in advance then I don't want to waste the time, effort, or resources on it.

edit to add: I plan to only make whatever number there is advance interest for. I do not have the extra funds to pay for 50 sets and only sell 20. The more sets that there are interest in, the cheaper the price will be per set as much if the costis based on the size of the bulk plastic order.

#9 4 years ago

With a part like this....unobtanium....there is no waiting. If you may need them? Get a set.

Plus they will sell easily if you find you don't need them down the road.

#10 4 years ago

bump for possible interest

#11 4 years ago

Yeah, that center piece was busted on the one I had..the one right under the edge of the ramp on the left side of the pops. Hope you get enough takers...I tried to buy my game back from who I sold it to and he wasn't interested in letting me have it back! =|

#12 4 years ago

Hey Hilton, just a thought. I've been looking at reproducing a few sets of plastics on some of my games. Do any of your other games need the same treatment? The numbers might run differently if you combine two games in the same order. Just a thought. The printer isn't likely to care. Ink is ink. But you might find you need to sell fewer sets of each to make it a go.

Dan

#13 4 years ago

I do not have any other nice NOS plastic examples to go off of, or in the cases that I do licensing is a possible issue. That is a good idea though.

#14 4 years ago

Ahh, got it. Makes sense.

#15 4 years ago

Count me in if you decide to go ahead. I'll take a set on the principle that I'll need 'em eventually.

#16 4 years ago

2 down. 18 to go.

thanks RCA1

#17 4 years ago

Count me in.

Brian

#18 4 years ago

I am in for a set!
Mike

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from BSavage:

Count me in.
Brian

Quoted from mbt:

I am in for a set!
Mike

4 down 16 more to go.

#20 4 years ago

ill take a set!

just picked up a TM a few weeks ago!!

#21 4 years ago

ill take a set

#22 4 years ago

new plastics I'm in I'll help the cause.

#23 4 years ago

nice. 7 down. 13 to go.

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

nice. 7 down. 13 to go.

Something you may want to keep in mind, Hilton. I had over 150 people say they would take a set of BSD plastics, but when the time actually came to buy, about a third of them did not.

#25 4 years ago

I'd take a set.

#26 4 years ago

I have a couple NOS full sets if anyone is interested in buying

also a NOS ramp assembly

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Something you may want to keep in mind, Hilton. I had over 150 people say they would take a set of BSD plastics, but when the time actually came to buy, about a third of them did not.

Thanks for that advice.

Quoted from Gwaxt72:

I have a couple NOS full sets if anyone is interested in buying
also a NOS ramp assembly

sounds like this may satisfy any immediate interest? If anyone gets these and decides they dont want a set they have committed for then please let me know. I did not know there were other NOS sets floating around.

#28 4 years ago

I could be in if the cost was right

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

I could be in if the cost was right

It will be comparable to what other reproduction plastic sets cost. I have no idea on a specific price since I won't know till they are complete.

At this point it does not appear there is enough interest in the title to make it happen.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 24.00
Sale Pending!
Alexandria, MN
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 299.00
$ 6.00
Electronics
German-Pinball-Modular
$ 189.00
Displays
Boston Pinball Company

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside