(Topic ID: 331077)

Any interest in correct thin wall clear tubing?

By Bryan_Kelly

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 110 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 months ago by MrBigg
  • Topic is favorited by 16 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

009EA513-BADB-4708-885D-AFA4F56529A2_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
    0E3D513C-F7C2-4420-B396-18AB48821ECE_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
    9A60E3D0-1666-47C5-B42C-1F0273400308_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
    Tubing_on_Pleasant_Lake_MN (resized).jpg
    EAF8E14E-0584-4E14-972F-14E50E3E58E9_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
    EA316858-F8B8-4229-A8BC-51F42E33F769_1_102_o (resized).jpeg
    6FCBD182-8641-4278-9AA7-4F8E4AC78436_1_102_o (resized).jpeg
    6FCBD182-8641-4278-9AA7-4F8E4AC78436_1_102_o (resized).jpeg
    050 (resized).JPG
    047 (resized).JPG
    c040 (resized).jpg
    pop007 (resized).jpg
    up029 (resized).jpg
    There are 110 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 1 year ago

6FCBD182-8641-4278-9AA7-4F8E4AC78436_1_102_o (resized).jpeg6FCBD182-8641-4278-9AA7-4F8E4AC78436_1_102_o (resized).jpegI've sourced the thin wall clear tubing you find in so many games and am offering up four different sizes.

The smallest size is used on pop bumper lamp leads in WPC and WPC-95 games and is also used to cover diodes when those lamps are controlled.

The medium size would be used as short protection when soldering wires to coil terminals, switch terminals and the like. You find this used commonly on drop target banks in classic Bally games like EBD.

The large size would be used to cover the bare ground wire that runs from the head to the cabinet in WPC-95 games. Also used to protect the shooter lane wires in WPC games.

The X-large size is what you need to cover the power wire harness in WPC-95 games. It's in the bottom cabinet and runs on the right side from the power box to the transformer in the back. (Pic coming soon)

X-LARGE SIZE IS SOLD OUT!!

Price is by the foot.

Small - $.60

Medium - $.80

Large - $1.20

X-Large - $3.50

For those wondering what you need based on the game title, here's the scoop and this is strictly Williams/Bally games.

The small is way more than you'll need but it's so cheap, just buy it.
    You don't really need the medium unless you like adding short protection on things. Again, it's so cheap, blah blah blah.
    The large may be more than what you need based on your game. Some use more than others so I've listed the most you'd need.
    The X-large is only used in WPC-95 games and is exactly what you need.

WPC games:

3' - small
    3' - medium
    4' - large

WPC-95 games:

3' - small
    3' - medium
    6' - large
    3' - X-large

Here's a list of WPC-95 games.

Attack from Mars
    Cactus Canyon
    Cirquis Voltaire
    Congo
    Junk Yard
    Medieval Madness
    Monster Bash
    NBA Fastbreak
    No Good Gofers
    Safecracker
    Scared Stiff
    Tales of the Arabian Nights
    The Championship Pub

Shipping is a flat $6.00, unless you order a shit load. Then it's $12.00. I'll let you know when you have a shit load.

Payments excepted are Venmo or personal check. No Paypal. If paying by check, order ships once check is received.

pop007 (resized).jpgpop007 (resized).jpg047 (resized).JPG047 (resized).JPG050 (resized).JPG050 (resized).JPGc040 (resized).jpgc040 (resized).jpgup029 (resized).jpgup029 (resized).jpg

#2 1 year ago

I'm game for all of that !

#3 1 year ago

i was interested in it as a kid but i outgrew it......

#4 1 year ago

Why not just use heat shrink tubing? Comes is small quantities and small diameters.

#5 1 year ago

Interested.
    As mentioned above, what benefits does this clear tubing have over heat shrink? I assume it’s rubberized tubing and more resistant to damage?

#6 1 year ago
    Quoted from JethroP:

Why not just use heat shrink tubing? Comes is small quantities and small diameters.

Nothing wrong with that at all.

This would be more for those doing restorations and wanting to keep things original.

#7 1 year ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Interested.
    As mentioned above, what benefits does this clear tubing have over heat shrink? I assume it’s rubberized tubing and more resistant to damage?

That would be correct.

Look at any WPC/WPC-95 game and you'll both heat shrink tubing and clear tubing used. All depends on the application.

#8 1 year ago

Interested.

#9 1 year ago

Clear teflon tubing works best - tough and more resistant to melting. Expensive but sometimes you can find it on sale.
    Can also get it in black or white.

#10 1 year ago

Yes interested too.

#11 1 year ago

I currently have the smaller tubing for the pop lamp socket leads and to cover diodes. I’m checking on shipping costs. I may offer that first and see how things go.

#12 1 year ago

Shit's been ordered.

I should have everything in a week or so.

Just need to figure out pricing.

#15 1 year ago

For anyone interested, the first post has all the info you need.

Any questions, just let me know.

#16 1 year ago

First order placed.

Thanks Jeff!

#17 1 year ago

Some days it's hard to function with my head up my ass.

Forgot pics of the tubing.

6FCBD182-8641-4278-9AA7-4F8E4AC78436_1_102_o (resized).jpeg6FCBD182-8641-4278-9AA7-4F8E4AC78436_1_102_o (resized).jpegEA316858-F8B8-4229-A8BC-51F42E33F769_1_102_o (resized).jpegEA316858-F8B8-4229-A8BC-51F42E33F769_1_102_o (resized).jpeg
    #18 1 year ago

Hold the phone! I may have sourced the larger tubing that covers the power supply harness that runs on the left side of the lower cabinet in WPC-95 games.

I just need to know the inside diameter of the original tubing.

Can anyone measure theirs for me?

I've replaced all mine.

#19 1 year ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Hold the phone! I may have sourced the larger tubing that covers the power supply harness that runs on the left side of the lower cabinet in WPC-95 games.
    I just need to know the inside diameter of the original tubing.
    Can anyone measure theirs for me?
    I've replaced all mine.

Larger tubing has been found and the original post has been edited.

#20 1 year ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Larger tubing has been found and the original post has been edited.

Checking two different suppliers and only 100' was available. There's a six week lead time if ordered from the factory.

I've only got 50' left so if you need some, better get it now!

#21 1 year ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

[quoted image]I've sourced the thin wall clear tubing you find in so many games and am offering up four different sizes.
    The smallest size is used on pop bumper lamp leads in WPC and WPC-95 games and is also used to cover diodes when those lamps are controlled.
    The medium size would be used as short protection when soldering wires to coil terminals, switch terminals and the like. You find this used commonly on drop target banks in classic Bally games like EBD.
    The large size would be used to cover the bare ground wire that runs from the head to the cabinet in WPC-95 games. Also used to protect the shooter lane wires in WPC games.
    The X-large size is what you need to cover the power wire harness in WPC-95 games. It's in the bottom cabinet and runs on the right side from the power box to the transformer in the back. (Pic coming soon)
    I'm sure other uses can be found for all the sizes.
    You no longer have to use the thick walled condensation tubing found at the big box stores.
    Price is by the foot.
    Small - $.60
    Medium - $.80
    Large - $1.20
    X-Large - $3.50
    Shipping is a flat $5.00, unless you order a shit load. Then it's $10.00. I'll let you know when you have a shit load.
    Worst part of the whole deal is.....you need to pay by check. That's right....Steve young style. Send me a PM with what you want and I'll send you a total. Once I receive the check, I'll send the tubing. Sorry, no Paypal, Venmo, etc.. If Uncle Sam decides he wants his 30%, there goes my profit.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
    [quoted image]

I also only accept checks, unless they are outside the country. There is about 10% of people who cant either figure it out or deal with it, I am not sure. Anyway it always reminds me of doing biz with steve for so long.

#22 1 year ago

Thank you for putting this together Bryan. I painfully wrote out the check and dropped in the mail. Lol I get it and don’t blame you, Ron, Steve or anyone for going about it this way.

#23 1 year ago

Excellent! Thanks for doing this.

PM sent.

You should offer a kit, because some of us have no idea how much we want to order and can't handle complex decisions like this. I will just guess. It's for a good cause anyway to help boost the retirement fund!.

Aaron

#24 1 year ago
    Quoted from Goonie:

You should offer a kit,
    Aaron

Not a bad idea. I'll put something together.

#25 1 year ago
    Quoted from Goonie:

You should offer a kit,

Info has been added to the original post listing amounts needed per game.

Let me know if you have any questions.

#26 1 year ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Info has been added to the original post listing amounts needed per game.
    Let me know if you have any questions.

As I order all my resto parts, I would rather just order a kit that has everything I would want.

Then If I needed more, I would order a custom amount.

Im definitely ordering.

#27 1 year ago

XL (3/4") tubing will be here tomorrow.

There appears to be only two companies that carry this stuff and I bought the last 100' they had. I've already sold damn near all of it. Lead time from the factory is now 22 weeks.

I may have to go with 7/8" instead. I doubt anyone would mind.

#28 1 year ago

Slight change in shipping charges.

#29 1 year ago
    Quoted from kruzman:

I also only accept checks, unless they are outside the country. There is about 10% of people who cant either figure it out or deal with it, I am not sure. Anyway it always reminds me of doing biz with steve for so long.

I should also mention, I'm not worried about getting stiffed.

The reason I won't ship until I receive the check is because people easily forget. I do too and I don't want to have to track who has paid and who hasn't.

Check arrives....tubing ships.....done.

#30 1 year ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I should also mention, I'm not worried about getting stiffed.
    The reason I won't ship until I receive the check is because people easily forget. I do too and I don't want to have to track who has paid and who hasn't.
    Check arrives....tubing ships.....done.

You won’t get very many millennial buyers that way, 90% of us don’t know what a check is let alone how to write one, and yes I admit I belong to that generation but don’t identify with them mostly

#31 1 year ago
    Quoted from mmr61184:

You won’t get very many millennial buyers that way, 90% of us don’t know what a check is let alone how to write one, and yes I admit I belong to that generation but don’t identify with them mostly

You’re probably right. Fuck it. I’ll change the ad tomorrow morning.

I’ll take Venmo but no PayPal. They won’t allow me to accept friends and family payments.

#32 1 year ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

You’re probably right. Fuck it. I’ll change the ad tomorrow morning.
    I’ll take Venmo but no PayPal. They won’t allow me to accept friends and family payments.

Ha I was only messing with you

#33 1 year ago

Getting low on the medium size. Thought about reordering but sales don't justify it.

Oh well.

#34 1 year ago

My apologies to those who ordered the XL tubing.

It should have been here last Thursday but because of the 20" of snow we got Wednesday and Thursday, it won't be here until Monday.

Paid orders will go out as soon as I receive it.

#35 1 year ago

Got mine yesterday - thanks

#36 1 year ago

XL shit just showed.

All paid orders with XL included, went out today.

#37 1 year ago

I've got about 25' of the XL left and when that's gone, it's gone.

I won't be reordering that size.

#39 1 year ago

Just so people know, your order usually ships the day I receive your check.

The following day for sure.

#40 1 year ago

Just received new stock for the medium and large sizes.

I've got about 25' of the XL left and when that's gone, it's gone. I won't reorder that.

EAF8E14E-0584-4E14-972F-14E50E3E58E9_1_105_c (resized).jpegEAF8E14E-0584-4E14-972F-14E50E3E58E9_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
    #41 1 year ago

18' of XL left.

Remember, this size is only used in the cabinet in WPC-95 games.

#42 1 year ago

All paid orders have shipped.

I'm still waiting on just one check.

#43 1 year ago

12' of the XL is left.

#44 1 year ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I'm still waiting on just one check.

Still waiting.

And you know who you are!

#45 1 year ago

All payments received, all orders shipped.

FWIW, I now take Venmo but no Paypal.

#46 1 year ago

Weekend sales were abysmal.

1 week later
    #47 1 year ago

Someone needs to buy this shit!

#48 1 year ago

One person did buy this shit.

MORE people need to buy this shit.

#49 1 year ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

12' of the XL is left.

Down to 9' of the XL. This is for WPC-95 games only.

When it's gone, it's f'ing gone and I don't want to hear anyone piss and moan because they can't get any.

There are 110 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-interest-in-correct-thin-wall-clear-tubing and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.