(Topic ID: 295153)

Any Interest in a Wade Repro PF for Count-Down?

By MikeO

4 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 39 days ago by MikeO
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 4 months ago

Subject line basically says it all.

Someone from France was asking on the EM Pinball FB page about needing to get 20 interested people in a Wade Space Walk playfield. Being so few Space Walk were originally produced it seemed like quite the stretch.

It got me thinking Count-Down had a ton made and the playfields can get pretty worn. So maybe the interest is there.

Is it just me or are there another 15-20 folks that would go for a Wade Krause repro Count-Down playfield?

#2 4 months ago

Hell yes, I know another guy so we'd get 2 of them

#3 4 months ago

Absolutely!

#4 4 months ago

It’s a game with a regularly worn playfield. I haven’t even spoken to him about this but I bet we can get in line with Wade if we get enough commitment. And getting the rights should be a slam dunk from the Gottlieb rights holder.

But it’s going to take enough commitment from enough people that think this much of this title to spend this kind of dough on the game.

Tell all your friends and have them respond here.

#5 4 months ago
Quoted from MikeO:

Subject line basically says it all.
Someone from France was asking on the EM Pinball FB page about needing to get 20 interested people in a Wade Space Walk playfield. Being so few Space Walk were originally produced it seemed like quite the stretch.
It got me thinking Count-Down had a ton made and the playfields cab get pretty worn. So maybe the interest is there.
Is it just me or are there another 15-20 folks that would go for a Wade Krause repro Count-Down playfield?

Put me down for one.

#6 4 months ago

I’d be in for one

#7 4 months ago

Massively underrated game with a usually worn playfield, almost 10k produced. Folks are restoring early solid state games like crazy these days. I think you can definitely get twenty buyers.

Speaking for myself, I'm lucky enough have a better than average example, so I'm not sure it's worth the trouble to swap. But I still want to see a bunch of shiny new Count-Downs in the world. Good luck!

#8 4 months ago

I'd be interested.

In a Backglass as well, these are always toast.... really thin screening on the originals.

#9 4 months ago

So here is the tally today. Up to 7 in 2 days.

1 - MikeO
2 - Cheddar
1 - sandman74
1 - tomtest
1 - nocreditdot
1 - slochar

#10 4 months ago
Quoted from slochar:

In a Backglass as well, these are always toast.... really thin screening on the originals.

This would be your best bet. I'm probably in for one also if the playfields get made.
http://bgresto.com/?p=304

1 week later
#11 4 months ago

By all means, put me down for one!

I currently have 2 of this title, one with a decent, but not excellent, playfield, and one that is crap. My plan is to use the guts of the crap one to put onto a reproduction playfield, and then sell the one with the decent playfield. I also have a complete set of new drop targets that will only be installed on the new playfield. So the only thing holding me back is the new playfield!

#12 4 months ago
Quoted from slochar:

I'd be interested.

I once bought a whole Count-Down just for the good backglass (the playfield was crap). I also was able to get a NOS backglass for $400, but these things are so precious, I probably won't ever part with the good one just in case something happens to the NOS one.

#13 4 months ago

I’d be in for one as well.
Countdown easily represents the best of the system 1 Gottliebs. Deceptively simple with that one more play appeal all day long.

#14 4 months ago

Count-Down was one of my first pins. I rigged it up with a chime unit, worked great. Then I stupidly sold it for $600 because I wanted a “real” EM. The playfield was perfect. Now I’m a little sad.

#15 4 months ago

Pinball Hall of Fame is IN!

#16 4 months ago

So the tally is up to 10.

1 - MikeO
2 - Cheddar
1 - sandman74
1 - tomtest
1 - nocreditdot
1 - slochar
1 - swampwiz
1 - 29REO
1 - PHoF

#17 4 months ago

I spoke with Wade right after I started this list and he responded positively, saying he hopes the interest ramps up, and that it's a great game and the art is really cool.

I'm sure there are at least 10 others out there that we just need to find that haven't stumbled on this thread.

Tell all your pinball friends.

1 month later
#18 72 days ago

So what's the status here?

1 month later
#19 39 days ago
Quoted from swampwiz:

So what's the status here?

Status is I need to repost so this goes to the top of the list and others see it.

Are there any additional folks interested in signing on for a Count Down playfield?

I already have Wade's interest that he would run this title. Obviously it could be a year or two before it gets run but it is a very popular title and there are many examples that could use a new playfield.

Count Down is one of the most addictive drop target games out there and it deserves a playfield that will look as good and play as fast as the day it was new.

Let us know.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside