Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by CrazyLevi
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

I am trying to decide if I should move either of these to the garage over the next few days before the snow flies here in Central PA. We sold enough machines from the last group I had up for sale to FINALLY have room in the garage for a second vehicle so I don't want to move these to the garage unless I am fairly sure they will sell.

Both are in very nice overall condition and they would each be priced at around $2750 (asking price) with a rock bottom price of around $2500.

This IS NOT a for sale ad and I WILL NOT sell these without listing them in the Marketplace. I am just trying to decide if I should move them to the garage or just keep them in the collection for a few more months. I really like the idea of one less car in the driveway when it snows so I don't want to move these to the garage unless I am fairly sure they would sell.

These would have to be "local pick up only" or if you are fairly close to Central PA I might consider delivery but I will not ship pins - SORRY!

And for the regulars who always seem to have something to say about what I do or how I do it I am ready for your BS as always.

AGAIN - I WILL NOT SELL THESE UNLESS I LIST THEM ON PINSIDE in the MARKETPLACE but I will not list them if I am not fairly sure they will sell.

#2 5 years ago

No interest, thanks!

This IS NOT a price police post and I WILL NOT price police before seeing them in the Marketplace

I am just trying to decide if I should point out that these prices for D-list project machines would be way too high if they ever actually went on sale.

AGAIN - I WILL NOT PRICE POLICE THESE UNLESS YOU LIST THEM ON PINSIDE in the MARKETPLACE but I am fairly sure they will not sell at those prices if they were for sale.

But they aren't for sale as usual so no need for the usual BS as always!

#3 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

No interest, thanks!
    This IS NOT a price police post and I WILL NOT price police before seeing them in the Marketplace
    I am just trying to decide if I should point out that these prices for D-list project machines would be way too high if they ever actually went on sale.
    AGAIN - I WILL NOT PRICE POLICE THESE UNLESS YOU LIST THEM ON PINSIDE in the MARKETPLACE but I am fairly sure they will not sell at those prices if they were for sale.
    But they aren't for sale as usual so no need for the usual BS as always!

The "funny thing" is earlier this month I listed 8 machines for sale in the Marketplace and the "price police" said the majority of those were listed too high yet I sold all 8 plus a couple additional machines in 11 or 12 days. So in my eyes all of you guys who think you know it all seem to be pretty clueless. When I price machines I price them based on condition of what I am selling and list them for what I feel is a "fair" asking price. My actual selling price is often different than my asking price but that is between me & my buyers. I will say I rarely have to move much off my asking price.

And for those of you that have any doubts about me it is pretty easy to figure things out by looking at my feedbacks. If my customers are so unhappy about the machines I am selling it surely doesn't show by what they have to say about their dealings with me.

This past Fall I took a few machines to the York Show that did't sell here in the Marketplace and a few that were never listed here and I sold 9 out of the 10 machines I took to that Show either at the show or the following week to people who looked at them but didn't pull the trigger at the show.

People that don't like my prices DON'T need to deal with me but people who have done business with me always seem pretty happy and they are the only people I worry about!

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

The "funny thing" is earlier this month I listed 8 machines for sale in the Marketplace and the "price police" said the majority of those were listed too high yet I sold all 8 plus a couple additional machines in 11 or 12 days. So in my eyes all of you guys who think you know it all seem to be pretty clueless. When I price machines I price them based on condition of what I am selling and list them for what I feel is a "fair" asking price. My actual selling price is often different than my asking price but that is between me & my buyers. I will say I rarely have to move much off my asking price.
    And for those of you that have any doubts about me it is pretty easy to figure things out by looking at my feedbacks. If my customers are so unhappy about the machines I am selling it surely doesn't show by what they have to say about their dealings with me.
    This past Fall I took a few machines to the York Show that did't sell here in the Marketplace and a few that were never listed here and I sold 9 out of the 10 machines I took to that Show either at the show or the following week to people who looked at them but didn't pull the trigger at the show.
    People that don't like my prices DON'T need to deal with me but people who have done business with me always seem pretty happy and they are the only people I worry about!

So you've told us like 6,000 times.

But that's moot as these games aren't for sale, don't have any asking prices, and there won't be any customers happy or otherwise since they aren't for sale just like they never are.

I'm also thinking of not listing some games for sale, so I'm taking notes. Thanks!

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So you've told us like 6,000 times.
    But that's moot as these games aren't for sale, don't have any asking prices, and there won't be any customers happy or otherwise since they aren't for sale just like they never are.
    I'm also thinking of not listing some games for sale, so I'm taking notes. Thanks!

With all your great feedbacks and positive things you have done for the hobby I am sure people will be lining up to buy your machines when you list them. Best of luck to you!

People who have done business with me understand why I can't just have dozens of machines in a garage that isn't really mine and those of you that don't listen or understand always seem to have something to say about how I sell. Kind of reminds me of Brad Paisley's song Online

#6 5 years ago

With all your great feedbacks and positive things you have done for the hobby I am sure people will be lining up to buy your machines when you list them. Best of luck to you!

Thanks!

Best of luck to you to if you ever put these games up for sale also! Please keep us updated as you consider the pros and cons of perhaps thinking about possibly putting these games in the MARKETPLACE.

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Thanks!
    Best of luck to you to if you ever put these games up for sale also! Please keep us updated as you consider the pros and cons of perhaps thinking about possibly putting these games in the MARKETPLACE.

Read my dozen of post WHY I can't move machines to the garage and list them like most "normal people" would.

#8 5 years ago

Brad Paisley is garbage.

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from WyseGuy:

Brad Paisley is garbage.

But the song & video explain a lot about some people's behavior when hiding in their basement on their computers! Most of the Pinsides that always seem to have something negative to say are a lot like George in this video.

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from WyseGuy:

Brad Paisley is garbage.

Bro country horseshit!

If I ever consider offering my opinion on brad paisley it would probably be along those lines.

#11 5 years ago

I don't want to move these to the garage unless I am fairly sure they will sell.

Why don't you just list them for sale and then move them to the garage for pickup if someone commits?

#12 5 years ago
    Quoted from herbertbsharp:

Why don't you just list them for sale and then move them to the garage for pickup if someone commits?

Because of the way our property is laid out and because I don't want to have a car outside all Winter if I move these and they don't sell. I have been working around this ever since we got into the hobby and typically don't try to sell machines over the Winter because of it. But right now I an trying to free up money & space for "Phase II" of my warehouse deal. Yet if I talk about that everyone wants to know what machines I'll have coming in from that or wants pictures of machines I don't own yet!

What I can't understand with people here on Pinside is why they just can't understand my issues are somewhat unique most of the time. As always if someone voices interest I will get them pictures and post machine in the Marketplace but if not I have too much other stuff going on to deal with it!

#13 5 years ago

Something I find kind of funny is I just went through all the up votes on CrazyLevi's comments and it is pretty much as I would have expected - with the exception of one guy there are no feedbacks, no machines ever listed for sale, and they are from people who don't appear to do much for the hobby other than try to create drama here on Pinside.

If you don't understand I have a rather unique situation here at the house and can't do things the way I would like to (or that most people do because of that situation) no matter how much I try to explain it some people still will not get it.

Drama aside if there is any interest in either of these machines let me know ASAP. Otherwise they can just stay in the collection until Spring then go to the Allentown Show and get sold their.

#15 5 years ago

Something I find kind of funny is I just went through all the up votes on CrazyLevi's comments and it is pretty much as I would have expected - with the exception of one guy there are no feedbacks, no machines ever listed for sale, and they are from people who don't appear to do much

You're a character man; I'll give you that.

#16 5 years ago

I think he meant - why don’t you take pictures and list the games from where they are currently ... then if they sell, move them out? Seems like a weird way to sell, and pictures are pretty easy to take. Not judging, just curious.

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from MiamiRedSkin:

I think he meant - why don’t you take pictures and list the games from where they are currently ... then if they sell, move them out? Seems like a weird way to sell, and pictures are pretty easy to take. Not judging, just curious.

First off I can't take a decent picture in the basement so I have given up trying. Lighting down here just sucks for pictures. But more importantly is the hill at both ends of the house. Once we get snow, ice or baby shit mud on the hill it is impossible for me to move machines from the basement until sometime around the middle of April. I love the raised ranch house most of the time & a walk out basement is great but once we get to later in the Fall the hills on both ends of the house make moving machines nearly impossible.

With more rain coming tomorrow night that will likely put an end to me moving machines from the basement until Spring. So if I were to list a machine for sale a buyer wouldn't be happy if I told them they could not pick it up until April. So I decided to do a quick post today to see if there was any interest in these last two machines before the next batch of rain hits.

At this point it doesn't look like there is so they can just sit in the basement until we are loading for the Allentown Show in the Spring. It was probably a mistake to even make this post but I was taking a break from sorting thousands of parts and getting ready for year end inventory and decided to just put this post up to see if there was any local interest while I was taking a break.

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from MiamiRedSkin:

That's exactly what I meant, thank you. That's how I sold a lot of my machines since my basement has very steep steps and I don't want buyers to have to deal with them.

#19 5 years ago

That's exactly what I meant, thank you. That's how I sold a lot of my machines since my basement has very steep steps and I don't want buyers to have to deal with them.

My situation is unique because we have a great walk out basement that I love but hills on both ends of the house are my issue. People who have been here or who have heard my story of almost totally destroying a $3000 machine a couple years ago when I hit "black ice" on the side of the house fully understand. There is nothing like a 30% grade - black ice & a handtruck with a 350 pound machine on it headed up or down that hill.

Early Spring a couple years ago I decided it was nice enough to bring a machine down to add to the collection that had been stuck in the garage all Winter. I walked up the hill and everything seemed fine so I grabbed my handtruck and headed down the hill with a very nice machine on that handtruck. As I hit the top of the hill I hit a patch of ice - feet sliding I went about 40' down the hill and through a closed gate at the bottom of the hill. Then across the back yard until the fence at the back edge of out property finally stopped me.

Even though I am old an fragile I made to through alright and for the most part the machine was OK except the cabinet wasn't as nice as it was before I decided to move it. But after that I decided that hill in the Winter just isn't worth the risk.

Hope this explains things a little better. At 64 years old I just don't need to be spending time in a Hospital after a fall with a pinball machine. I am very sorry some people just can't seem to understand this but I don't really give a damn about those people. I am more concerned about not hurting myself & helping my friends and family than I am about a handful of people here on Pinside that never seem to just get off my back!

#20 5 years ago

My "window" to get these moved to the garage is down to about 5 hours at this point. I will not try to move machines in the dark and we are suppose to get a fair amount of rain overnight so after that I expect they will be stuck in the basement until sometime in mid April unless this crazy weather pattern changes. I have to assume there is no local interest in these at this point but I figured I would bump them one last time just in case someone missed this post yesterday.

Not a big deal either way I just figured if someone local was looking for either title I would offer them for sale.

#21 5 years ago

I'm thinking about commenting but I'm looking for comments from people on how I should comment and whether I should comment or not.

#22 5 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

I'm thinking about commenting but I'm looking for comments from people on how I should comment and whether I should comment or not.

Have you added a poll?

#23 5 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

I say "Go for It"

#24 5 years ago

I say keep the machines. Those are tough to sell anyways. Or move them out when its safer and deal with that later

#25 5 years ago

Just a suggestion, but put in a concrete sidewalk and this way you can move things no matter the weather.

#26 5 years ago
    Quoted from KoolFingers:

Just a suggestion, but put in a concrete sidewalk and this way you can move things no matter the weather.

I have a similar problem. My basement door is around back with no asphalt or concrete driveway or walkway. We’ve had so much rain this last month, I can’t get a vehicle around back without getting stuck and tearing up the yard. I need to add something so adverse weather won’t be an issue.

3 weeks later
    #27 5 years ago

I can’t believe this is still going on.

#28 5 years ago

It wasn't until you brought it up....

#29 5 years ago

Yeah for real! Ain’t you never heard of the saying “let sleeping too many pins maybe for sale just seeing if any interest but not for sale for sure threads lie?”

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-interest-in-a-popeye-or-last-action-hero-for-sale-in-central-pa?hl=rjbowes3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.