(Topic ID: 119129)

The Pinball Streaming Thread! - list of channels, updates, how-to-stream, etc.

By akm

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 576 posts
  • 113 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 77 days ago by Busta386
  • Topic is favorited by 136 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240129_194444_Gallery (resized).jpg
Wild Dog Gauntlet (resized).jpg
Wild Dog Spice selection (resized).jpg
3-way twitch connect HD V3 8EDT (resized).jpg
streaming - 9 (resized).jpeg
2 (resized).JPG
twitch2 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20200224-170452 (resized).png
9EFD0235-9F39-46E9-9B7E-D44B11716ECB (resized).jpeg
v3.1 (resized).jpg
v3.0 (resized).jpg
982BBF61-CE4F-4532-848F-3D8B0FB8FCD5 (resized).jpeg
C02F7225-B144-4E66-9C89-F7CFB7D367C1 (resized).jpeg
2E60AB1F-850C-4949-AD83-D408909807F6 (resized).jpeg
delorean-38103_960_720 (resized).png
cooltext291998325723669 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tsskinne.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#215 8 years ago

This Flippin Podcast did a test run on twitch the other night just very basic but should be up and streaming very regularly at the start of the new year!
http://www.twitch.tv/thisflippinpodcast/profile

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#221 8 years ago

Anyone, else stream using OBS? I had poor sync between audio and video last night and was just hoping someone could give me some tips on what settings to adjust to fix that problem, the video quality was very nice.

#223 8 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

I thought we went over this already

Hey man 2nd and 3rd opinion never hurts!

#225 8 years ago

Haha fair, now your job to tune in tonight to help me get it synced

1 week later
#233 8 years ago

I'm using one hub with two cameras and my snowball mic and one camera to the other usb on my laptop.

#252 8 years ago

MLK 1/2 day of work = afternoon streaming, I have a poll up on our facebook page where you can vote on what I play.

https://www.facebook.com/This-Flippin-Podcast-1034214746618821/?view_public_for=1034214746618821

#256 8 years ago
Quoted from TheKreator:

I just had an awesome 5.5+ hour live stream of WWE WrestleMania LE! Had a lot of fun discussion in the chat with regular pinball viewers and lots of non-pinball viewers joined right as I was about to wrap up for the night. Ended up playing another couple hours with all the activity in the chat room!
Will be moving on to some other games later this week, likely WWF Royal Rumble (since the Rumble PPV is this Sunday) and then thorough cleaning, maintenance, and new ramp installs for Gottlieb Genesis!
http://twitch.tv/davidbatman1980

Glad to see someone else is excited for the royal rumble, I planned to stream royal rumble Sunday! Maybe we could battle one another across streams?

#267 8 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

I stream when I feel like it

When I damn well please...JK...but basically when I can. Once we have it all figured out for sure I think I'll plan to go Tuesday evenings after our league so late, and maybe Monday nights because I am usually free. But right now I have the house to myself for about two hours after work everyday, at least once wrestling season ends and I may go at that time too. Who knows is what I am trying to get at.

1 week later
#326 8 years ago

I've got chatty, but haven't integrated it into the stream window yet, I'll have to give that a try

1 year later
#388 6 years ago

twitch.tv/thisflippinpodcast

Haven't streamed in about a month, but finally ordered a new and more powerful computer that hopefully allows for a more fluid stream.

Also, have backups of several of earlier streams on our youtube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCANficHQgdmxJh7DXc9o9tg

2 weeks later
#391 6 years ago

Anyone out here can help a bit with obs settings for a 3 or 4 camera set?

It is like I can't get consistent performance and its a bit frustrating.

2 or 3 c920s for player, score, and occasionally a flipper cam.

1 c922 for playfield cam.

I am on fiber optic internet with 23-25 upload speed, and this is my computer. https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834154494R

Any help is greatly appreciated.

#400 6 years ago
Quoted from akm:

Camcorder + capture card setup is the way to go for the playfield. C922s have been found to be buggy and inconsistent when using its 60fps mode. At this point I suppose you are stuck with it, but anyone else trying to get into this, do it right and avoid these things as playfield cams. You will be happy you did.
For the other cameras you want different models. Multiples of the same make/model can cause device conflicts as well as confuse the software. This can make the configuration process tedious and difficult. I use a C920 and a 920-C for the player and the DMD cam (the later is the 920 business model and doesn't conflict with the consumer model). If you need a third one, get another unique model. Honestly though a fourth cam doesn't add much to the stream and I don't feel it's worth the trouble setting up. At the very least, ensure you have three stable cams (playfield, dmd and player) before you decide to go all-out on a fourth. Or even better, make sure you have two fully consistent, stable cams before you rig up the third.
On a laptop setup like that you will need a good, powered USB hub as well if you really have to have four cams. Otherwise that MSI system linked to should be fine out of the box as-is. It is current hardware. I am using a laptop that's got an i7 generations older and am not running into the issues you mentioned. You shouldn't need to drop the other cams down to lower resolutions either as your system is plenty beefy enough as is.
Something else of note, when using Logitech's cams, you want to disable the added processing for lighting ("Right Light", low light compensation, etc). You will find the motion in the camera has a choppy, laggy nature to it when these things are enabled. Things will also get choppy if you have your exposure and gain set too high, so make sure these are lower. Have lots of light in your room to brighten up the room without relying on the webcam's built in post-processing.

Thank you, I think I did have the right light or low light setting on at one point. What about my video output settings? Do I want to do anything with those? Thanks for all the help.

#406 6 years ago
Quoted from akm:

You have a system that is somewhat beefy and so you really shouldn't have any issue running your cams at anything less than 1080p. USB bandwidth *could* potentially be an issue so 720p is a good option too (1080p might even be redundant since the cams won't be filling up that that full 1920x1080 space anyway). Keep in mind standard c920 cams only do up to 30fps, so leave those at 30. No need to lower those.
Also, it looks like you have a GTX 1050 GPU in that thing. In OBS, use the Nvidia encoder. This will free up a lot of resources and may give you more headroom to run other parts of your stream more reliably. Boost the bitrate up to 5,000k/bps so the stream looks sharper with the GPU encoding (this bitrate is close to Twitch's max at this time; you've got the internet to handle it).

Thanks again for all the help. I may try to switch up some of the webcams or something because I am getting just incredibly inconsistent performance. Streamed from league two nights ago with no extra lighting and it looked pretty decent for that. Didn't change anything and tried to stream again last night and suddenly it looked like I was on some dial-up internet. I did go in and download some drivers off of Logitech's website and will mess with it some more tonight from home.

3 weeks later
#440 6 years ago
Quoted from Vexx_182:

I use a 922x at 720P 60 FPS and lighting is key for your picture. Here is our stream from last tuesday with only decent light and it looks pretty darn good i think. I did just order an extra light for the play field and im expecting it to help a ton.
https://go.twitch.tv/videos/184899323

I found I had more issues adding light to my c922s, they worked better with just natural lighting

2 weeks later
#458 6 years ago

I'm with you chuckwurt as far as the 922s go. I have fiber optic internet, I bought a new laptop just for streaming that should be way overpowered, and I have 3 separate external LCD lights and I can't get those damn cameras to work consistently.

#460 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I feel ya tommy. Also if anyone wants to come watch me stream for SDTM pinball tomorrow night we are going to be messing around with a stream rig I made to hopefully be used in the future for the tournaments I host. If working right, should be able to go from game to game with ease and stream up to 15 pinball machines with only one set of cameras. The streaming booth will be around 75ft away from the cameras too. Game switching should take seconds. We shall see. Would love other streamers to tune in and give your thoughts.

Send me the blue prints I want in on this rig.

#462 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’d be happy to. Preview: it’s on a track on my basement ceiling. Haha

I'm sure the lady will be fine with me installing one of those in my living room

5 months later
#491 5 years ago
Quoted from Cloud7:

What is better? Streamlabs or Stream Elements? I think I'm leaning more toward Stream Elements from the information I've found useful, but everything on youtube is geared toward overwatch and fortnite. What seems better for pinball?

I have stream labs, but don't stream regularly or use the labs stuff all the time when I stream I don't always use it. It was easy enough to set up and get running though.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 25.50
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tsskinne.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-interest-in-a-pinball-streaming-thread?tu=tsskinne and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.