(Topic ID: 119129)

The Pinball Streaming Thread! - list of channels, updates, how-to-stream, etc.

By akm

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 576 posts
  • 113 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 82 days ago by Busta386
  • Topic is favorited by 136 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240129_194444_Gallery (resized).jpg
Wild Dog Gauntlet (resized).jpg
Wild Dog Spice selection (resized).jpg
3-way twitch connect HD V3 8EDT (resized).jpg
streaming - 9 (resized).jpeg
2 (resized).JPG
twitch2 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20200224-170452 (resized).png
9EFD0235-9F39-46E9-9B7E-D44B11716ECB (resized).jpeg
v3.1 (resized).jpg
v3.0 (resized).jpg
982BBF61-CE4F-4532-848F-3D8B0FB8FCD5 (resized).jpeg
C02F7225-B144-4E66-9C89-F7CFB7D367C1 (resized).jpeg
2E60AB1F-850C-4949-AD83-D408909807F6 (resized).jpeg
delorean-38103_960_720 (resized).png
cooltext291998325723669 (resized).png
There are 576 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 12.
#351 7 years ago
Quoted from akm:

I just looked up that camera out of curiosity. It seems nice, but I'd be worried that it's geared more towards photography than video. That, or you may need a more expensive lens to get a good picture on video, so your nearly $600 USD purchase might turn into a $700+ one. I should also say, good digital cameras may not necessarily make good digital camcorders without add-on hardware, and vice-versa. I'd just be worried about dropping that kind of coin on something I'm not certain will be good for pinball video (or at least, I can buy something geared for video and not photography at half the price, to do the same job). Just food for thought.

Yeah, I also have a Canon 60D and wanted to purchase a 4K camera next. I thought the Panasonic Lumix FZ300 might be a good camera for the road/holidays as well. I was originally looking at purchasing a 4K camcorder and stumbled upon the FZ300 at 1/3 the price of the Sony camera I was looking at.

#352 7 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

Yeah, I also have a Canon 60D and wanted to purchase a 4K camera next. I thought the Panasonic Lumix FZ300 might be a good camera for the road/holidays as well. I was originally looking at purchasing a 4K camcorder and stumbled upon the FZ300 at 1/3 the price of the Sony camera I was looking at.

Ah, ok, that makes more sense then. It'll probably just take a little more fiddling to get the video right for pinball recording, but it should work well once you do.

#353 7 years ago

Streaming Spider-Man tonight. 9:00 CST till around 11:00
Stop in, chat and watch some pinball.
www.twitch.tv/thepinballmafia

SP (resized).jpgSP (resized).jpg

1 week later
#354 7 years ago

Tonight's live stream is Whitewater. 9:00 till 11:00
Stop in and chat a bit.
http://www.twitch.tv/thepinballmafia

wh2obg (resized).jpgwh2obg (resized).jpg

1 week later
#355 7 years ago

Live Premium pinball stream tonight. 9:00 P.M. CST
http://www.twitch.tv/thepinballmafia
Join in the fun and ask any questions you may have live.
One of the players will be Preston Moncla. 2015 Texas state champion and this years Pinburgh B division first place winner.
Game has build date of Sept 19th.
No playfield date stamp.
All inserts still perfect and drop targets working really well. Almost no rejections.
So far we have added a Shaker motor, color captive balls, Stern Side art, speaker grill lights and cut out, and an airball protector plastic.

IMG_2820 (resized).JPGIMG_2820 (resized).JPG

IMG_2824 (resized).JPGIMG_2824 (resized).JPG

IMG_2826 (resized).JPGIMG_2826 (resized).JPG

#356 7 years ago
Quoted from akm:

Ah, ok, that makes more sense then. It'll probably just take a little more fiddling to get the video right for pinball recording, but it should work well once you do.

I'm still searching. haha...discovered that the Panasonic Lumix FZ1000 has a better sensor and only a tiny bit more expensive. Looking at grabbing one of these for filming on the road.

#357 7 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

I'm still searching. haha...discovered that the Panasonic Lumix FZ1000 has a better sensor and only a tiny bit more expensive. Looking at grabbing one of these for filming on the road.

Whatever you settle with, post back here after you have tested it with pinball. Curious how well it works.

#358 7 years ago
Quoted from akm:

Whatever you settle with, post back here after you have tested it with pinball. Curious how well it works.

You will most definitely hear back. Was hoping to have the camera in early December, Christmas at the latest.

Edit: spur of the moment decision this morning. Got a mega deal on a Panasonic VX870 4K camcorder. Paying half the price of the Panasonic Lumix FZ1000 due to getting a factory refurbished model. I have a Canon 60D to cover the digital SLR filming side and went for the camcorder today mostly due to price and the added bonus of live streaming function built into this camera. I can demo it by filming my horrible playing skills on Ghostbusters Pro. Haha

#359 7 years ago

Streaming Pinball at the Lake finals live today by 11am on http://twitch.tv/iepinball, and continuing coverage of Button BASH.

We're using a wireless HDMI setup on the finals games. Worked perfectly yesterday during qualifying, giving it another run today.

#360 7 years ago

This is the point where it all falls apart but I started streaming a few weeks back. Just got my new internet set up. Streaming LOTR and Woz for the next week weeks back and forth then rotating amongst a myriad of games I have and some location stuff at aracde super awesome . Always open to pointers. Working on some more graphics. Animations. Etc. I want to run it like a 2 hr tv show. Try to have a purpose each episode and also to chat.

Twitch.tv/boomgo_pinball

Archive at: tinyurl.com/boomgopinball

1 week later
#361 7 years ago

http://twitch.tv/pinball_live is streaming a Guinness record attempt and raising money for prostate cancer UK today

3 weeks later
#362 7 years ago

Being streaming for a bit, mostly EMs. Stop by and say hi!

https://www.twitch.tv/oneipodonepinball

~jac

#363 7 years ago
Quoted from uncle_jose:

Being streaming for a bit, mostly EMs. Stop by and say hi!
https://www.twitch.tv/oneipodonepinball
~jac

Funny you posted this, I came to this thread to post a link to it.

Definitely check him out, lots of EMs and Solid States. Fun times.

#364 7 years ago

FYI, the ever popular Logitech C920 web cam that a lot of us streamers rely on is the Amazon deal of the day today (nov 20) - $50.

1 week later
#365 7 years ago

Streaming local tournaments and league play in Maine and other New England States. It's a mobile set up, so we've got some fun ideas and special events planned with friends and their home collections.

http://twitch.tv/mepinball

#366 7 years ago

I didn't see it in the original post so I want to mention:

twitch.tv/pinball_LIVE

This guy has the most fantastic streaming setup I think I've seen. He streams a good variety of machines and runs direct audio from every game, so you get the full, intended experience from the sound designers. High def camera for the playfield I believe. He even frequently has a camera for the tilt bob. Beyond that, he regularly gets good games going and is very charismatic and interacts with the viewers well. One of my favorite streams for sure. One of the few I have notifications turned on for.

Edit: Weird, I honestly did a search before posting and it turned up nothing... but he was mentioned recently.

Oh well, I'm leaving this up!

#367 7 years ago
Quoted from akm:

Funny you posted this, I came to this thread to post a link to it.
Definitely check him out, lots of EMs and Solid States. Fun times.

LOL! Thanks for the shout out...! Yup -and- I'll sometimes stream "how-tos" on PBJ Sandwiches

#368 7 years ago

I just started tinkering around with streaming over Thanksgiving. My Twitch.tv username is blueflannelpinball

3 weeks later
#369 7 years ago

Im now in direct competition with deadflip, jack danger better watch out.

Been broadcasting live on the Hype app lately. Check me out.

#370 7 years ago

Pinball stream for the ages TOMORROW 8p Eastern. Be there!!

http://twitch.tv/boomgopinball

#wizardofOz and #johhnymnemonic

IMG_20161227_092136_911 (resized).jpgIMG_20161227_092136_911 (resized).jpg
IMG_20161226_060515_636 (resized).jpgIMG_20161226_060515_636 (resized).jpg
IMG_20161214_193349 (resized).jpgIMG_20161214_193349 (resized).jpg

#371 7 years ago

The world is a scary place.

IMG_20161228_080847_717 (resized).jpgIMG_20161228_080847_717 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#372 7 years ago

Pinball Done Quick is happening again all this week, 24/7. Tune in at http://www.twitch.tv/pinballjoe.

#373 7 years ago

Streamed this after the dentist yesterday. Novocaine Pinball!!

#374 7 years ago

Streaming from jgeiger Arcade Super Awesome Thurs. Jan 19th (7-8p) which game should we stream? World Cup Soccer Demolition Man Elvira and the Party Monsters Guns N' Roses

Fill out the survey:
https://goo.gl/rNCwh4

#375 7 years ago

Voting closes Tuesday. Let me know what you want to see

1 month later
#376 7 years ago

I'm new but I think I've got thinkings working out well enough to start trying to promote what I'm doing:

Pinball Undesirables - Home of the Outlanes Pinball Club:
https://twitch.tv/pinballundesirables
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjYbdHQdkLJRXNMELiUOB-w
https://www.facebook.com/PinballUndesirables

2 months later
#377 6 years ago

Here are a few channels I have worked with/ streamed for:

I personally am a variety streamer, but will stream pinball on location and locally at twitch.tv/thegeekyhusband (I try to highlight my pinball streams so they are available as archived content). You can find the same archived videos on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/goateevocals

twitch.tv/pincrossing is a channel for the Allentown Pinfest and any streams related to Pincrossing.

youtube channel: pinballgallery is for the Pinball Gallery in Malvern, PA. They have only just started streaming as well.

2 weeks later
#378 6 years ago

For the early-birds out there, I am streaming on the Buffalo Pinball Twitch channel Wednesday mornings from 9AM EST to 12PM. I'll be playing some AC/DC Pro this morning. Feel free to stop in for a bit. http://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball

#380 6 years ago

Tonight I am lucky to get my hands on John Popadiuk's Magic Girl Pinball machine. Streaming unboxing, review, and out of the box game play.

https://twitter.com/StashkidPinball/status/867406620019576833

If you are interested in checking out the stream I should be Live around 6:30 - 7PM EST.
Check it out at Twitch.tv/Stashkid13

#381 6 years ago

Magic Girl stream tonight around 6:30!

Stashkid13 Magic Girl Stream (resized).pngStashkid13 Magic Girl Stream (resized).png

2 weeks later
#382 6 years ago

Building my rig over the last few weeks and this came up in my search. WIFI in this part of the house isn't very strong, so I'm just going to run a cable to another room until I put Ethernet in the game room. Normally $30, ~$12 on sale for now.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Blackweb-CAT6-High-Performance-Snagless-Patch-Cable-50-Universal/44185482

2 months later
#383 6 years ago

Going to start streaming as part of the SDTM pinball team starting Wednesdays at 8 pm eastern. First official stream 8/30.

Twitch.tv/chuckwurt

Come hang out!

#384 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Going to start streaming as part of the SDTM pinball team starting Wednesdays at 8 pm eastern. First official stream 8/30.
Twitch.tv/chuckwurt
Come hang out!

Hell yeahhhh!!!!

#385 6 years ago

I wonder if pinball streaming is going to pick up as we head into the cooler months? Seems like there are only a regulars streaming and not a tremendous # of people watching.

#386 6 years ago

Twitch is down at the moment. I plan to start at 8 pm eastern tonight as long as twitch lets me! Haha

#387 6 years ago

I stream a lot of different stuff, but I usually play Pinball Arcade or my NASCAR machine at least once a week.
twitch.tv/hamburglarx

Added over 7 years ago: Shopping out a WCS soon.

2 weeks later
#388 6 years ago

twitch.tv/thisflippinpodcast

Haven't streamed in about a month, but finally ordered a new and more powerful computer that hopefully allows for a more fluid stream.

Also, have backups of several of earlier streams on our youtube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCANficHQgdmxJh7DXc9o9tg

1 week later
#389 6 years ago

First streaming on Saturday:
twitch.tv/thearcave
Be warned, Neither pro gear or pro players.

#390 6 years ago
Quoted from Stashkid13:

Magic Girl stream tonight around 6:30!

Is this on YouTube now?

#391 6 years ago

Anyone out here can help a bit with obs settings for a 3 or 4 camera set?

It is like I can't get consistent performance and its a bit frustrating.

2 or 3 c920s for player, score, and occasionally a flipper cam.

1 c922 for playfield cam.

I am on fiber optic internet with 23-25 upload speed, and this is my computer. https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834154494R

Any help is greatly appreciated.

#392 6 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Anyone out here can help a bit with obs settings for a 3 or 4 camera set?
It is like I can't get consistent performance and its a bit frustrating.
2 or 3 c920s for player, score, and occasionally a flipper cam.
1 c922 for playfield cam.
I am on fiber optic internet with 23-25 upload speed, and this is my computer. https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834154494R
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Try and just use 3 cams for now. Player, scores and PF

Set the dmd to something like 800x600 and 30 frames

Set the player to 800x600 around there and 20 frames

Set PF to 1270x720 and 60 frames.

Make sure the PF has plenty of light on it.

Basically the lower the res and the fps you set the dmd and player to that is not completely unwatchable, the better the chances the PF looks perfect at 60 fps.

This has been my experience with using all USB cams.

If jack helps you out, I'd love to hear his thoughts too.

#393 6 years ago

Make sure the low light compensation on the playfield cam is turned off.

I wouldn't go above 720p / 60 fps. Maybe 3000-3500 kbps?

You can also bump the encoding quality down a notch for a performance boost.

#394 6 years ago

Camcorder + capture card setup is the way to go for the playfield. C922s have been found to be buggy and inconsistent when using its 60fps mode. At this point I suppose you are stuck with it, but anyone else trying to get into this, do it right and avoid these things as playfield cams. You will be happy you did.

For the other cameras you want different models. Multiples of the same make/model can cause device conflicts as well as confuse the software. This can make the configuration process tedious and difficult. I use a C920 and a 920-C for the player and the DMD cam (the later is the 920 business model and doesn't conflict with the consumer model). If you need a third one, get another unique model. Honestly though a fourth cam doesn't add much to the stream and I don't feel it's worth the trouble setting up. At the very least, ensure you have three stable cams (playfield, dmd and player) before you decide to go all-out on a fourth. Or even better, make sure you have two fully consistent, stable cams before you rig up the third.

On a laptop setup like that you will need a good, powered USB hub as well if you really have to have four cams. Otherwise that MSI system linked to should be fine out of the box as-is. It is current hardware. I am using a laptop that's got an i7 generations older and am not running into the issues you mentioned. You shouldn't need to drop the other cams down to lower resolutions either as your system is plenty beefy enough as is.

Something else of note, when using Logitech's cams, you want to disable the added processing for lighting ("Right Light", low light compensation, etc). You will find the motion in the camera has a choppy, laggy nature to it when these things are enabled. Things will also get choppy if you have your exposure and gain set too high, so make sure these are lower. Have lots of light in your room to brighten up the room without relying on the webcam's built in post-processing.

#395 6 years ago
Quoted from akm:

Camcorder + capture card setup is the way to go for the playfield. C922s have been found to be buggy and inconsistent when using its 60fps mode. At this point I suppose you are stuck with it, but anyone else trying to get into this, do it right and avoid these things as playfield cams. You will be happy you did.
For the other cameras you want different models. Multiples of the same make/model can cause device conflicts as well as confuse the software. This can make the configuration process tedious and difficult. I use a C920 and a 920-C for the player and the DMD cam (the later is the 920 business model and doesn't conflict with the consumer model). If you need a third one, get another unique model. Honestly though a fourth cam doesn't add much to the stream and I don't feel it's worth the trouble setting up. At the very least, ensure you have three stable cams (playfield, dmd and player) before you decide to go all-out on a fourth. Or even better, make sure you have two fully consistent, stable cams before you rig up the third.
On a laptop setup like that you will need a good, powered USB hub as well if you really have to have four cams. Otherwise that MSI system linked to should be fine out of the box as-is. It is current hardware. I am using a laptop that's got an i7 generations older and am not running into the issues you mentioned. You shouldn't need to drop the other cams down to lower resolutions either as your system is plenty beefy enough as is.
Something else of note, when using Logitech's cams, you want to disable the added processing for lighting ("Right Light", low light compensation, etc). You will find the motion in the camera has a choppy, laggy nature to it when these things are enabled. Things will also get choppy if you have your exposure and gain set too high, so make sure these are lower. Have lots of light in your room to brighten up the room without relying on the webcam's built in post-processing.

Great info thank you!

So when you recommended using a powered hub to tommy, you don't think that will cause issues? When I've tried a powered hub I have to drop the res and fps on everything else a ton to be able to run 720 at 60 fps on my playfield, and really just get all three comeras to even show up.

Do you think that's my computer not being up to snuff, my use of two C922s, or what?

Also, anyone know in OBS when the message along the bottom saying overloading the encoder. What does that mean? Saw that a couple times tonight while streaming.

#396 6 years ago

It could depend on a variety of factors, yeah. I personally don't use a hub, but I know Jack does and so do others.

What are your PC specs? That could definitely be an issue. It could also be the combination of multiple cams of the same type. Also, ensure you have the proper drivers installed. I have connected Logitech cams before and used them out of the box thinking Windows installed the proper drivers (assuming you're not using a Mac), not realizing that the stock drivers are different from the ones you get directly from Logitech and they make a huge difference in performance.

Also, I know some folks I have spoken with in the pinball streaming community have had issues with their 922s at 60fps. When we experimented with a couple at Pinball Done Quick back in January they basically broke everything. Had to resort to the old cams for the event (playfield cam notwithstanding, we were using a camcorder and capture card for that).

#397 6 years ago
Quoted from akm:

Also, I know some folks I have spoken with in the pinball streaming community have had issues with their 922s at 60fps.

What issues specifically? Not sure I've seen this with mine.

#398 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

What issues specifically? Not sure I've seen this with mine.

Choppy framerates and a blurry picture for some folks.

#399 6 years ago
Quoted from akm:

Choppy framerates and a blurry picture for some folks.

Damn!! Mine does the blurry picture and I've always wondered about that.

I'm gonna check those drivers you mentioned. Maybe that will help me.

Thanks again for the help.

#400 6 years ago
Quoted from akm:

Thank you, I think I did have the right light or low light setting on at one point. What about my video output settings? Do I want to do anything with those? Thanks for all the help.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 25.50
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

There are 576 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-interest-in-a-pinball-streaming-thread/page/8?hl=dahlman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.