(Topic ID: 119129)

The Pinball Streaming Thread! - list of channels, updates, how-to-stream, etc.

By akm

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 576 posts
  • 113 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 54 days ago by Busta386
  • Topic is favorited by 136 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240129_194444_Gallery (resized).jpg
Wild Dog Gauntlet (resized).jpg
Wild Dog Spice selection (resized).jpg
3-way twitch connect HD V3 8EDT (resized).jpg
streaming - 9 (resized).jpeg
2 (resized).JPG
twitch2 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20200224-170452 (resized).png
9EFD0235-9F39-46E9-9B7E-D44B11716ECB (resized).jpeg
v3.1 (resized).jpg
v3.0 (resized).jpg
982BBF61-CE4F-4532-848F-3D8B0FB8FCD5 (resized).jpeg
C02F7225-B144-4E66-9C89-F7CFB7D367C1 (resized).jpeg
2E60AB1F-850C-4949-AD83-D408909807F6 (resized).jpeg
delorean-38103_960_720 (resized).png
cooltext291998325723669 (resized).png

There are 576 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 12.
#451 6 years ago

The CX405 is great and eventually its what we are going to move to but with the price difference between the $100 c922x and the roughly $200 dollars for the cx405 plus the $150 for the el gato HD60 capture card you need it really just depends on how much you want to spend. Im very happy with the quality that im getting out of the c922x with the new lighting im using and for the price you almost cant beat it in my opinion. Like i said eventually ill be moving to the cx405 but im lucky and already have the HD60 to go with it so thats extra cash i wont have to spend when i decide to go that route.

#452 6 years ago
Quoted from Vexx_182:

Im very happy with the quality that im getting out of the c922x

I just can’t get past the lag and the blurriness I get when I take my C922 to 60 fps. Maybe my new comp will be different, but it appears other have that issue as well. Seems the CX405 has rave reviews across the board for streaming so I’ll just bite the bullet.

Agree on the price difference. It’s tough paying that.

#453 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I just can’t get past the lag and the blurriness I get when I take my C922 to 60 fps.
Agree on the price difference. It’s tough paying that.

Its all in the lighting. Also its has to be set to 1280x720 when you go to 60 FPS and if you distort your image at all in OBS or whatever program you use to fit a certain border or frame that you may be using it can cause it to lose quality as well (learned that the hard way). I thought the same thing when we first got our 922 but proper lighting and settings changed my mind completely. The last stream we did on my Baywatch is super crisp and smooth. I agree with you that ultimately the 405 is where its at and yeah its basically the decision of biting the bullet or not.

#454 6 years ago
Quoted from Vexx_182:

Its all in the lighting. Also its has to be set to 1280x720 when you go to 60 FPS and if you distort your image at all in OBS or whatever program you use to fit a certain border or frame that you may be using it can cause it to lose quality as well (learned that the hard way). I thought the same thing when we first got our 922 but proper lighting and settings changed my mind completely. The last stream we did on my Baywatch is super crisp and smooth. I agree with you that ultimately the 405 is where its at and yeah its basically the decision of biting the bullet or not.

I’m all ears on the 922. I’ve tried everything. No matter the res, if I go to 60 fps, blurry.

I have pinstadium lights in my games. No better lighting for streaming than that imo. Floods the game with light. Still blurry. Take it off 60 fps, crystal clear. So weird.

I use OBS too. I’ll check out your baywatch stream. Thanks for the help.

#455 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’m all ears on the 922. I’ve tried everything. No matter the res, if I go to 60 fps, blurry.
I have pinstadium lights in my games. No better lighting for streaming than that imo. Floods the game with light. Still blurry. Take it off 60 fps, crystal clear. So weird.
I use OBS too. I’ll check out your baywatch stream. Thanks for the help.

Yeah they are definitely tough to dial in. It took us 2 streams before we figured things out.
Here is the stream i'm talking about where we got it dialed in nicely. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/186954726

#456 6 years ago
Quoted from Vexx_182:

Yeah they are definitely tough to dial in. It took us 2 streams before we figured things out.
Here is the stream i'm talking about where we got it dialed in nicely. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/186954726

2? You guys are way better than me. Feel like I’ve done hundreds of streams. Gave up a couple months ago. Back to 30 fps for me. I’ll keep at it. Thanks again. Stream looks great.

#457 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

2? You guys are way better than me. Feel like I’ve done hundreds of streams. Gave up a couple months ago. Back to 30 fps for me. I’ll keep at it. Thanks again. Stream looks great.

Thanks! Much appreciated!

#458 6 years ago

I'm with you chuckwurt as far as the 922s go. I have fiber optic internet, I bought a new laptop just for streaming that should be way overpowered, and I have 3 separate external LCD lights and I can't get those damn cameras to work consistently.

#459 6 years ago

I feel ya tommy. Also if anyone wants to come watch me stream for SDTM pinball tomorrow night we are going to be messing around with a stream rig I made to hopefully be used in the future for the tournaments I host. If working right, should be able to go from game to game with ease and stream up to 15 pinball machines with only one set of cameras. The streaming booth will be around 75ft away from the cameras too. Game switching should take seconds. We shall see. Would love other streamers to tune in and give your thoughts.

#460 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I feel ya tommy. Also if anyone wants to come watch me stream for SDTM pinball tomorrow night we are going to be messing around with a stream rig I made to hopefully be used in the future for the tournaments I host. If working right, should be able to go from game to game with ease and stream up to 15 pinball machines with only one set of cameras. The streaming booth will be around 75ft away from the cameras too. Game switching should take seconds. We shall see. Would love other streamers to tune in and give your thoughts.

Send me the blue prints I want in on this rig.

#461 6 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Send me the blue prints I want in on this rig.

I’d be happy to. Preview: it’s on a track on my basement ceiling. Haha

#462 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’d be happy to. Preview: it’s on a track on my basement ceiling. Haha

I'm sure the lady will be fine with me installing one of those in my living room

#463 6 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I'm sure the lady will be fine with me installing one of those in my living room

If you do it cleanly and make sure it’s attached to the studs, it’s not too bad of an eye sore. But my basement is unfinished so it’s really easy to have all this setup and not look too crazy. Either way I’ll send you a punch list at some point and you can do with it what you will.

#464 6 years ago

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/200439075

Here is a video of the panel @dijitao and I did on streaming pinball at Grand ol Gameroom Expo -- hopefully it will help some of you with budgets get going.

Huge shoutouts to KevInBuffalo and the buffalo pinball crew (and everyone else that I haven't mentioned) for their original contributions to getting folks going with streaming.

#465 6 years ago

Shoutout to Pinball_LIVE for the host last night. Sorry that you caught us right at the end of our stream but thank you so much for the love!!!

#466 6 years ago

Tournament stream dry run. Rig on a track on the ceiling. we were able to switch game to game pretty seamlessly. see below for YouTube video.

in order to have the stream computer to be way far away, I bought a USB hub that uses Ethernet to extended the signal. In this case, I have 100' of Ethernet that runs from the stream rig to the computer. In order to have the three cameras play nice in that hub, I had to dumb down the res and fps. Player and DMD are 15 fps, and playfield is 30 fps. All resolutions are around 640*480. I will play with the setup more to see if I can push it higher, but from the link below you can see the quality of the stream is pretty solid. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

#467 6 years ago
Quoted from akm:

Going to the browser source properties, scrolling down then selecting the "refresh manually" button will refresh it. There should be a checkbox to have it refresh automatically as well. Make sure that is checked.
As long as you have an internet connection at the time of loading OBS, it should refresh automatically as long as the setting is correct. If you don't have a connection at the time of loading OBS, the browser source in my experience won't refresh for the first time until you do it manually.
There are shortcut hotkeys in OBS but you have to set them manually. Go to your settings screen and poke around there to see about setting them up.

got it! didnt see that I could scroll down in that properties window haha.

#468 6 years ago

I also stream pinball - -

Domino Pinball Usually Friday nights 21:00-23:00 UTC / 16:00-18:00 EST

http://twitch.tv/NeilMcRae/

I archive my videos on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/neilmcrae1/

Cheers,
Neil.

#469 6 years ago

Need help. Any ideas as to why my OBS ran 3 cameras and my stream perfectly last week and this week it doesn't want to display all 3 of my cameras at once unless i turn the res to like 300x300 on all of them? I'm completely at a loss especially since everything ran fine less than a week ago. Anyone else ever have this issue or know how to solve it?

#470 6 years ago

Are you using them in the same USB plugs? If not you may need to find which camera is pulling the most power from the bus and put it on its own bus. Usually front USB and back USB are on different busses.

#471 6 years ago

Yeah. Did you add a hub or usb extension cables to the equation?

#472 6 years ago

Yeah last week I had 2 things plugged into usb extensions and this week I had all 4 plugged into the 10 foot extensions. Each in their own USB ports no hub. I’m guessing adding the extra extensions pulled more power than my bus could handle?

#473 6 years ago
Quoted from Vexx_182:

Yeah last week I had 2 things plugged into usb extensions and this week I had all 4 plugged into the 10 foot extensions. Each in their own USB ports no hub. I’m guessing adding the extra extensions pulled more power than my bus could handle?

Yep. When using extensions the signal loses strength big time unless that extension has another power source to boost the signal.

#474 6 years ago

Roger. Thanks for the help. I think i just got so frustrated the night of that i didn't sit down and logically think about what the issue could be. All makes perfect sense now.

#475 6 years ago

Sometimes closing OBS and immediately reopening it works too. (if you're using OBS, that is)

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
1 week later
#476 6 years ago

Is streaming to FB (via FB live using OBS) still junk? Video quality wise.

#477 6 years ago

Birmingham, Alabama's Magic City Pinball League A-Division Finals with commentary: AC/DC, Spiderman, AFM, Ghostbusters, and Star Wars

#478 6 years ago

Hey just wanted to share a tourney stream I helped chuckwurt with last Saturday (Dec 2) - I feel like it went pretty well. There is some downtime between rounds and before the finals started. Stream is 9hrs. There was 40 people in the tourney. There was 6 rounds of qualifying. Then top 16 made A div and next 16 made b. There was 3x 3-game rounds in the finals. So there should be 15 games total in the stream. The 9 finals games are on pinball videos so you find the games a little quicker that way if you prefer.

Any feedback is welcome. One thing we want to add is the current point totals of each player next to their names when they are playing a game. Also we only have one cam rig which we moved from game to game. This is why we couldn’t switch to games in progress.

Some of the games shown, Odds and Evens, Game of Thrones (pro), Harlem Globetrotters, Tron, Big Game, Lethal Weapon 3, World Cup Soccer ’94, Jungle Queen, Genie, starship troopers…

#479 6 years ago

Anyone in the Sacramento area willing to let myself and my buddy bring you some beers and stream with us tomorrow night on your machine lol? Owner of the Guns n Roses that we were supposed to stream had something come up so we have no content for tomorrow evening. Its a long shot but ya never know Thanks guys.

#480 6 years ago
Quoted from mizary:

Any feedback is welcome. One thing we want to add is the current point totals of each player next to their names when they are playing a game. Also we only have one cam rig which we moved from game to game. This is why we couldn’t switch to games in progress.

I think this can lead to a positive for these smaller events. Allows local players to come talk about their game that was just streamed, do interviews, and pump up local events, etc.

I will make a better effort next event to get these things on stream even though I thought these happened pretty naturally on this stream.

#481 6 years ago

I don't know how good this deal is, but today's Amazon deal of the day includes the logitech C920 and C922x.

#482 6 years ago

For those participating in the SDTM Holiday Happy Giveaway, you may wanna tune into today’s stream with Greg AND Zach playing some Guardians of the Galaxy!!! Catch us on Twitch at 7e/6c @sdtmpinball

6C2C3A6B-4C50-40E7-A16A-4530CF247C00 (resized).jpeg6C2C3A6B-4C50-40E7-A16A-4530CF247C00 (resized).jpeg

#483 6 years ago

Video of our night playing the 1979 Atari Superman is finally up on Twitch https://www.twitch.tv/videos/209118655 We were extremely fortunate to be invited to the home of Larry Emmons (co developer of the Atari 2600!) to play this game that was given to him by Atari during his time working with them! We are hoping to do an interview with Larry in the near future to talk to him about his experiences working for Atari and his time developing the 2600. Sadly a portion of the video was somehow corrupted and the video segment between 45 minutes and about an hour and 22 minutes has sound but the video is frozen so just skip through that part lol. Hope everyone enjoys. PM me if you have any questions and also feel free to suggest questions you guys might like to have answered by Larry when we do our interview. Feedback is also always welcome. Thanks everyone!

#484 6 years ago

Check out SDTM’s Chuck Wurt give his Ultimate Game of Thrones pinball Tutorial Part 2. Keep your eyes peeled for Part 3 Coming Soon!

1 month later
#485 6 years ago

So I finally got my setup back up and running and I need a little help with layout. I'm currently running a 720p stream and each input source is set to 360p but I'm wondering if I should run the input sources at 720p and scale them (for better quality?) or what everyone does about fitting the playfield and other sections into the page. Seems like the playfields are all either cropped or scaled and I'm wondering what the typical way is.

#486 6 years ago
Quoted from ahanson:

So I finally got my setup back up and running and I need a little help with layout. I'm currently running a 720p stream and each input source is set to 360p but I'm wondering if I should run the input sources at 720p and scale them (for better quality?) or what everyone does about fitting the playfield and other sections into the page. Seems like the playfields are all either cropped or scaled and I'm wondering what the typical way is.

I usually have the playfield and DMD cam set to 720p.

Playfield: Rotated 90 degrees and scaled.
DMD: Cropped, scaled if necessary.

Personally, I think running at 60fps - and the playfield camera having the correct exposure setting to achieve 60fps - is the most important thing to consider. The last thing you want is the ball stuttering around like you're on a video call.

1 month later
#487 6 years ago

Houdini (resized).pngHoudini (resized).png

#488 6 years ago

Does anyone know how to stream using a direct LCD feed from Stern Spike 2? I want to start streaming again and Star Wars is going to be next.

DeadFlip ?

3 weeks later
#489 5 years ago

secret stern gizmo...

1 month later
#490 5 years ago

What is better? Streamlabs or Stream Elements? I think I'm leaning more toward Stream Elements from the information I've found useful, but everything on youtube is geared toward overwatch and fortnite. What seems better for pinball?

#491 5 years ago
Quoted from Cloud7:

What is better? Streamlabs or Stream Elements? I think I'm leaning more toward Stream Elements from the information I've found useful, but everything on youtube is geared toward overwatch and fortnite. What seems better for pinball?

I have stream labs, but don't stream regularly or use the labs stuff all the time when I stream I don't always use it. It was easy enough to set up and get running though.

#492 5 years ago

Why not OBS? Can be used to stream to YouTube easily. Have no experience with the other programs

#493 5 years ago

My professional studio

Result:

There are more streams on my channel by the way.

529A79E0-BCC1-429A-B81F-0E3DC5528CED (resized).jpeg529A79E0-BCC1-429A-B81F-0E3DC5528CED (resized).jpeg

#494 5 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Why not OBS? Can be used to stream to YouTube easily. Have no experience with the other programs

I'm using OBS for streaming. I'm looking for something to use for alerts for follows. I've done a few streams now and want to put more effort into what I'm doing.

2 weeks later
#495 5 years ago

REMINDER: Win a free set of Pin Stadium Lights by tuning in LIVE tonight at 8e/7c for SDTM’s Iron Maiden LE Twitch Stream with Chuck Wurt and Scott from Pin Stadium Lights!!!

249C0FCB-6504-4A43-B66D-201D09F8C1C1 (resized).jpeg249C0FCB-6504-4A43-B66D-201D09F8C1C1 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#496 5 years ago

What are you guys using for a camera stand nowadays? Microphone stand with 1/4" screw mount and a few additional camera clamps?

#497 5 years ago

My son Max on Twitch

https://www.twitch.tv/thepinballlizard

Been live streaming starting a couple of weeks ago and tries to stream everyday for a few hours

If you have any questions he is pinsider whymemaxwell to pm

#498 5 years ago
Quoted from tdunbar:

My son Max on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/thepinballlizard
Been live streaming starting a couple of weeks ago and tries to stream everyday for a few hours
If you have any questions he is pinsider whymemaxwell to pm

I was just tuning in and thought he was great. Very funny personality without being aware that he’s hilarious. I’ll keep tuning in, thanks for the rec.

#499 5 years ago
Quoted from RatShack:

What are you guys using for a camera stand nowadays? Microphone stand with 1/4" screw mount and a few additional camera clamps?

Mines over kill, but I love this beast:

On Stage LS7720BLT Lighting Stand https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000E2D4SO/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_c_api_i_3wReBb4P3F4HA

Goes great with these:

Smatree Ajustable Jaws Flex Clamp Mount 13.4" Gooseneck Extension for GoPro Hero Fusion/6/5/4/3+/3/2/Session/GOPRO HERO 2018/for Ricoh Theta S, M15/for Webcam C920/Compact Cameras(1/4" thread) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MWNYGUS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_GxReBbYVYX764

3 weeks later
#500 5 years ago

Hi, I have started streaming pinball. The channel is YouCheatDoctorJones
Thanks,
Jon

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 25.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
There are 576 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-interest-in-a-pinball-streaming-thread/page/10?hl=uncle_jose and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.