The Pinball Streaming Thread! - list of channels, updates, how-to-stream, etc.

By akm

2 years ago

Stats

• 470 posts
  • 79 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 hours ago by chuckwurt
  • Topic is favorited by 123 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 50 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

93C6D9AC-F0DD-473C-8B65-6DAAF15C93B2 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_6706 (resized).JPG
IMG_6705 (resized).JPG
Stashkid13 Magic Girl Stream (resized).png
IMG_20161228_080847_717 (resized).jpg
IMG_20161214_193349 (resized).jpg
IMG_20161226_060515_636 (resized).jpg
IMG_20161227_092136_911 (resized).jpg
IMG_2826 (resized).JPG
IMG_2824 (resized).JPG
IMG_2820 (resized).JPG
wh2obg (resized).jpg
SP (resized).jpg
twitchbg-battle-MOCKUP_(resized).png
image_(resized).jpeg

There are 470 posts in topic. You are on page 10 of 10.
#451 8 days ago

The CX405 is great and eventually its what we are going to move to but with the price difference between the $100 c922x and the roughly $200 dollars for the cx405 plus the $150 for the el gato HD60 capture card you need it really just depends on how much you want to spend. Im very happy with the quality that im getting out of the c922x with the new lighting im using and for the price you almost cant beat it in my opinion. Like i said eventually ill be moving to the cx405 but im lucky and already have the HD60 to go with it so thats extra cash i wont have to spend when i decide to go that route.

#452 8 days ago
Quoted from Vexx_182:

Im very happy with the quality that im getting out of the c922x

I just can’t get past the lag and the blurriness I get when I take my C922 to 60 fps. Maybe my new comp will be different, but it appears other have that issue as well. Seems the CX405 has rave reviews across the board for streaming so I’ll just bite the bullet.

Agree on the price difference. It’s tough paying that.

#453 8 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I just can’t get past the lag and the blurriness I get when I take my C922 to 60 fps.
Agree on the price difference. It’s tough paying that.

Its all in the lighting. Also its has to be set to 1280x720 when you go to 60 FPS and if you distort your image at all in OBS or whatever program you use to fit a certain border or frame that you may be using it can cause it to lose quality as well (learned that the hard way). I thought the same thing when we first got our 922 but proper lighting and settings changed my mind completely. The last stream we did on my Baywatch is super crisp and smooth. I agree with you that ultimately the 405 is where its at and yeah its basically the decision of biting the bullet or not.

#454 8 days ago
Quoted from Vexx_182:

Its all in the lighting. Also its has to be set to 1280x720 when you go to 60 FPS and if you distort your image at all in OBS or whatever program you use to fit a certain border or frame that you may be using it can cause it to lose quality as well (learned that the hard way). I thought the same thing when we first got our 922 but proper lighting and settings changed my mind completely. The last stream we did on my Baywatch is super crisp and smooth. I agree with you that ultimately the 405 is where its at and yeah its basically the decision of biting the bullet or not.

I’m all ears on the 922. I’ve tried everything. No matter the res, if I go to 60 fps, blurry.

I have pinstadium lights in my games. No better lighting for streaming than that imo. Floods the game with light. Still blurry. Take it off 60 fps, crystal clear. So weird.

I use OBS too. I’ll check out your baywatch stream. Thanks for the help.

#455 8 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’m all ears on the 922. I’ve tried everything. No matter the res, if I go to 60 fps, blurry.
I have pinstadium lights in my games. No better lighting for streaming than that imo. Floods the game with light. Still blurry. Take it off 60 fps, crystal clear. So weird.
I use OBS too. I’ll check out your baywatch stream. Thanks for the help.

Yeah they are definitely tough to dial in. It took us 2 streams before we figured things out.
Here is the stream i'm talking about where we got it dialed in nicely. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/186954726

#456 8 days ago
Quoted from Vexx_182:

Yeah they are definitely tough to dial in. It took us 2 streams before we figured things out.
Here is the stream i'm talking about where we got it dialed in nicely. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/186954726

2? You guys are way better than me. Feel like I’ve done hundreds of streams. Gave up a couple months ago. Back to 30 fps for me. I’ll keep at it. Thanks again. Stream looks great.

#457 7 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

2? You guys are way better than me. Feel like I’ve done hundreds of streams. Gave up a couple months ago. Back to 30 fps for me. I’ll keep at it. Thanks again. Stream looks great.

Thanks! Much appreciated!

#458 7 days ago

I'm with you @chuckwurt as far as the 922s go. I have fiber optic internet, I bought a new laptop just for streaming that should be way overpowered, and I have 3 separate external LCD lights and I can't get those damn cameras to work consistently.

#459 7 days ago

I feel ya tommy. Also if anyone wants to come watch me stream for SDTM pinball tomorrow night we are going to be messing around with a stream rig I made to hopefully be used in the future for the tournaments I host. If working right, should be able to go from game to game with ease and stream up to 15 pinball machines with only one set of cameras. The streaming booth will be around 75ft away from the cameras too. Game switching should take seconds. We shall see. Would love other streamers to tune in and give your thoughts.

#460 7 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I feel ya tommy. Also if anyone wants to come watch me stream for SDTM pinball tomorrow night we are going to be messing around with a stream rig I made to hopefully be used in the future for the tournaments I host. If working right, should be able to go from game to game with ease and stream up to 15 pinball machines with only one set of cameras. The streaming booth will be around 75ft away from the cameras too. Game switching should take seconds. We shall see. Would love other streamers to tune in and give your thoughts.

Send me the blue prints I want in on this rig.

#461 6 days ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Send me the blue prints I want in on this rig.

I’d be happy to. Preview: it’s on a track on my basement ceiling. Haha

#462 6 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’d be happy to. Preview: it’s on a track on my basement ceiling. Haha

I'm sure the lady will be fine with me installing one of those in my living room

#463 6 days ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I'm sure the lady will be fine with me installing one of those in my living room

If you do it cleanly and make sure it’s attached to the studs, it’s not too bad of an eye sore. But my basement is unfinished so it’s really easy to have all this setup and not look too crazy. Either way I’ll send you a punch list at some point and you can do with it what you will.

#464 6 days ago

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/200439075

Here is a video of the panel @dijitao and I did on streaming pinball at Grand ol Gameroom Expo -- hopefully it will help some of you with budgets get going.

Huge shoutouts to @kevinbuffalo and the buffalo pinball crew (and everyone else that I haven't mentioned) for their original contributions to getting folks going with streaming.

#465 6 days ago

Shoutout to @pinball_live for the host last night. Sorry that you caught us right at the end of our stream but thank you so much for the love!!!

#466 5 days ago

Tournament stream dry run. Rig on a track on the ceiling. we were able to switch game to game pretty seamlessly. see below for YouTube video.

in order to have the stream computer to be way far away, I bought a USB hub that uses Ethernet to extended the signal. In this case, I have 100' of Ethernet that runs from the stream rig to the computer. In order to have the three cameras play nice in that hub, I had to dumb down the res and fps. Player and DMD are 15 fps, and playfield is 30 fps. All resolutions are around 640*480. I will play with the setup more to see if I can push it higher, but from the link below you can see the quality of the stream is pretty solid. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

» YouTube video

#467 5 days ago
Quoted from akm:

Going to the browser source properties, scrolling down then selecting the "refresh manually" button will refresh it. There should be a checkbox to have it refresh automatically as well. Make sure that is checked.
As long as you have an internet connection at the time of loading OBS, it should refresh automatically as long as the setting is correct. If you don't have a connection at the time of loading OBS, the browser source in my experience won't refresh for the first time until you do it manually.
There are shortcut hotkeys in OBS but you have to set them manually. Go to your settings screen and poke around there to see about setting them up.

got it! didnt see that I could scroll down in that properties window haha.

#468 4 days ago

I also stream pinball - -

Domino Pinball Usually Friday nights 21:00-23:00 UTC / 16:00-18:00 EST

http://twitch.tv/NeilMcRae/

I archive my videos on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/neilmcrae1/

Cheers,
Neil.

#469 21 hours ago

Need help. Any ideas as to why my OBS ran 3 cameras and my stream perfectly last week and this week it doesn't want to display all 3 of my cameras at once unless i turn the res to like 300x300 on all of them? I'm completely at a loss especially since everything ran fine less than a week ago. Anyone else ever have this issue or know how to solve it?

#470 15 hours ago

Are you using them in the same USB plugs? If not you may need to find which camera is pulling the most power from the bus and put it on its own bus. Usually front USB and back USB are on different busses.

#471 15 hours ago

Yeah. Did you add a hub or usb extension cables to the equation?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,750.00
Pinball Machine
KingPin Games
$ 21.00
There are 470 posts in topic. You are on page 10 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside