(Topic ID: 163988)

Any interest in a Midwest pin shipping co.?

By Jaybird815

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

uber_trucking (resized).jpg
    zombie-apocalypse-2016_(resized).jpg
    totaled-pinbot_(resized).jpg
    IMG_20160702_080405184_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zampinator.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 7 years ago

Jaybird, I love your enthusiasm, but your going to wear out your vehicle/equipment & not make enough money to barely do maintenance & buy gas, let alone make enough $ to replace your current equipment. And what is your time worth? $250 is crazy cheap! I live in Northern Michigan(310 miles N of Ohio) I drive a lot for pins. For $250+- I will gladly use your service. Just be sure to figure in All of your expenses with your shipping Co. it's a lot more than you think. Maintenance alone can eat you alive.
    I should mention that I own my own shipping/delivery company that subcontracts to FedEx Ground. Here's a picture of a third of my fleet.

IMG_20160702_080405184_(resized).jpgIMG_20160702_080405184_(resized).jpg

#25 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I am guessing he is planning on mutliple pins coordinated in a smaller radius for each destination. 4 pins on a single trip and making $1000 is not too bad of a haul...
    This of course means willingness of buyers/sellers to have a more open timeframe of pick up and delivery, but for $250 I am happy with waiting a month for delivery.

That would be the ideal situation for sure, & if your going to cover your cost it's a must.

#26 7 years ago

Jaybird,
    If you don't mind me asking. What year make & model is the vehicle your going to use for towing? And is it a gas or a diesel?

#28 7 years ago

It really should be a diesel when ever you are towing or pushing(plowing snow). You burn less than half of the fuel of a gas engine. It also comes with an extra heavy duty transmission(Alisson) with coolers.

#30 7 years ago

Don't get me wrong, I love this idea! I'm just trying to help Jaybird from experience over the past 7 years of owning my tucking business. Maintenance really is a wild card. One month it's low, the next it is high. You have to make enough money hauling these pins to not only set money aside for: fuel, brakes, rotors, & tires. But also the really expensive ones, like transmissions, rear ends, an engine & to replace his current vehicle some day.

#35 7 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

I like the idea and would likely use the service at it would extend the range in which I would typically search for a pin! The biggest thing (aside from price) would be that the service offered great communication.-Whysnow covered this. I would also want to make sure that any pins that were transported were covered by insurance if they were damaged along the way. Accidents do happen no matter how careful you try to be. Would the business be able to pay out any claims if pins were damaged during transport?

Great point! How in God's name could I forget this cost! Lol
    Liability insurance. Not just for the pins, but for the homes you go into & will no doubt at some point do damage to.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zampinator.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-interest-in-a-midwest-pin-shipping-co?tu=zampinator and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.