(Topic ID: 76517)

any info on buying from GRC / Gameroom Collectibles / Wide Area Repair?

By gameroomguru

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

policecar.png
    image-574.jpg
    image-382.jpg
    image-564.jpg
    Danni073111 013.jpg
    image-909.jpg
    image.jpg
    image-921.jpg
    image-283.jpg
    image-514.jpg
    image-9.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 10 years ago
    Quoted from Wahchintonka:

I'm sorry but this is really bugging me just for the amount of times it was misused. One uses 'their' as a pronoun, not 'there'. THEIR!!

Quoted from tamoore:

They're you go! Thanks!!!

There There There There There There There There There There There There There There There There There There
    There There There There There There There There There There There There There There There There There There
    image-564.jpgimage-564.jpg

#53 10 years ago

We have the grammar authorities getting involved now. So relieved that they could take time out of their packed schedule and clear that up. Off to save the day elsewhere. Little cape flapping in the wind.

Thank you for making the world a safer place. Your heroic efforts are surely appreciated by all.
    I think I saw someone misusing "you're" and "your" on another thread. Those monsters. Can you please go check it out?
    You know, if you're not too busy.

#54 10 years ago
    Quoted from NoWhining:

We have the grammar authorities getting involved now. So relieved that they could take time out of their packed schedule and clear that up. Off to save the day elsewhere. Little cape flapping in the wind.
    Thank you for making the world a safer place. Your heroic efforts are surely appreciated by all.
    I think I saw someone misusing "you're" and "your" on another thread. Those monsters. Can you please go check it out?

We do try our best here at the GBI. I have the weekend off, so I have plenty of time to look over all my open cases. Well, until my wife bans me from the forum.

GBI: Grammar Bureau of Investigation. We have offices in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Atlanta and Bismarck.

#55 10 years ago
    Quoted from NoWhining:

The difference between their and there isn't so hard to determine. I think it is doing someone a favor to point out when they're using it incorrectly. It happens all the time.

And, I'm sure you're more than welcome.

#56 10 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

The difference between their and there isn't so hard to determine. I think it is doing someone a favor to point out when they're using it incorrectly. It happens all the time.
    And, I'm sure you're more than welcome.

How about principal and principle? I felt that was much worse than there, their, they're.

#57 10 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

How about principal and principle? I felt that was much worse than there, their, they're.

I don't think it's as bad. Principle is a word that isn't used quite as often. You almost can't tell a story without using their, there or they're.

#58 10 years ago

YAY! I have successfully derailed my first Pinside thread!!!

#59 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballerchef:

but but for reals PINSIDE peeps....get a sense of humor and common sense of understanding that just because a pinball retailer/enthusiast/restorers seem a bit out of whack realize they work on pinball machines all day to sell to you picky mother truckers....so they are a bit loco to be in this business!!

Don't recall Christopher Hutchins, or any other fine restorers for that matter, coming on here and being "loco".

#60 10 years ago
    Quoted from NoWhining:

what about "to" "too" and "two"? or is it better to offer a tissue or a handkerchief for someone's tears?

#61 10 years ago
    Quoted from RonB:

Don't recall Christopher Hutchins, or any other fine restorers for that matter, coming on here and being "loco".

Ok but do you recall this....

image-382.jpgimage-382.jpg

#62 10 years ago

Ok but do you recall this....

image-382.jpg 9 KB

Totally!

#64 10 years ago

Haha, I think in this case someone needs a large bath towel to mop up the tears.

And to the person who's proud of derailing a thread: good job. The world needs more like you. Please keep on spreading the joy. Your wife must be the most patient and kind person on the planet. No doubt she is also proud of your work. You are the Gandhi of grammar. Bless your heart.

#65 10 years ago

GameroomGuru (AKA Jim): You seem to have great skills, as does Ray. However, the way you conduct yourself (acting cocky and cursing in your videos) does not shed you in a great light. In fact, if it weren't for Ray being in the videos, I'd probably not even care about your shop. It also didn't help that you bashed pinside in one of your recent videos. If you didn't want any constructive criticism, then maybe pinside isn't for you. Keep making the youtube videos and moderate the comments to your heart's content.

#66 10 years ago
    Quoted from Wahchintonka:

I'm sorry but this is really bugging me just for the amount of times it was misused. One uses 'their' as a pronoun, not 'there'. THEIR!!

image-574.jpgimage-574.jpg

#67 10 years ago
    Quoted from Concretehardt:

image-574.jpg 18 KB

Man the grammar police use crappy police cars. Is that a Dodge Stratus? That thing would vaporize in a high speed pursuit.

#68 10 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

GameroomGuru (AKA Jim): You seem to have great skills, as does Ray. However, the way you conduct yourself (acting cocky and cursing in your videos) does not shed you in a great light. In fact, if it weren't for Ray being in the videos, I'd probably not even care about your shop. It also didn't help that you bashed pinside in one of your recent videos. If you didn't want any constructive criticism, then maybe pinside isn't for you. Keep making the youtube videos and moderate the comments to your heart's content.

gameroom guru is Mike fyi, not Jim

#69 10 years ago
    Quoted from Concretehardt:

image-574.jpg 18 KB

Unfortunately, we don't have anything that nice. We have had some drastic budget cuts lately. This is what we give our agents.

policecar.pngpolicecar.png

#70 10 years ago

I nearly crapped myself

#71 10 years ago
    Quoted from TaTa:

I nearly crapped myself

Congratulations!! You meet the requirements to be a STI/NAVL Delivery man. Please send your Resume ASAP to Michelle Bianca.

#72 10 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

You go on a public forum begging for feedback, attempt to stipulate exactly who can and cannot reply to you, and then bash anyone that has an opinion that differs from you and refer to them as trolls. Personally, I have tried to watch the videos and agree that the machines look great, but I can't stand the bickering and bad-mouthing, and would I never buy a machine from you based solely on that principal. I've got years of marketing and sales experience that tells me that you don't isolate potential customers by loudly bad-mouthing anyone you don't disagree with. As a moderator here, I'm supposed to uphold the community rules which include no personal attacks, so a ban warning has been sent. Please continue to interact, but in a constructive manner.

+1,000,000 Blonde..

.AND IN BEFORE THE LOCK~!

Dude, me being the POLITE one described in the first post in this thread, have to say that this is a time you deserve what you get here..

If you wxpect to NOT have anyone give an opinion other thatn the one you wanted here your F'in crazy...

you started pissing off the pin community years ago, on RGP long before you started beating guys and girls up here...

You need to settle the fuck down, and stop fighting with the very people that make up the 95% of the pin community.

Your someday maybe prospective customers... !

On a side note. I have been in the wholesale and Retial car business for 25 yrs, as a dealer...

When i got to an auction and a cars average W/S price is 1500, i really should stick right about there on the money..
    to make my fair wholesale profit, or, to sit a bit on it, for a market value retail profit...

So there is a real world profit margine there to earn my living on...

I dont got to the auction, see the 1500 dollar car, decide to pay 3200, to get it home and put 2200 in it, and try to hose some unsuspecting customer for 8900, and then say well we have to make a profit, and a living, cause we are brick and mortar... and feel justified... ( seems to be your mode of operation )

when the car was a 3000 retail piece, anywhere you look in the real world...! through any other dealer or individual !

Your service dept sounds great, service is where a NEW car store makes the majority of thier money... good for your there...., and if somebody pays you to do a resto, and gives you a shit ton of money, like they do other top end restorers, good for you too....

But dont come into this setting or this forum, and try to make us all choke on your "Koolaid"

99.9% of us here are not going to kiss your hairy bean bag for selling overpriced machines...

#73 10 years ago
    Quoted from Gerry:

I dont got to the auction, see the 1500 dollar car, decide to pay 3200, to get it home and put 2200 in it, and try to hose some unsuspecting customer for 8900, and then say well we have to make a profit, and a living, cause we are brick and mortar... and feel justified... ( seems to be your mode of operation )

What the hell are you talking about? No one cares what you do for a living.

#74 10 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNavidad:

What the hell are you talking about? No one cares what you do for a living.

He is stating just because you buy an overpriced pin you probably cant sell it even more overpriced to recoup your loss. He is just using an example from his work, thats all.

#75 10 years ago

Where? Whose?

#76 10 years ago
    Quoted from webdiddy:

Wow, someone needs to apologize for overreacting.

yes, tnt should apologize since they started the bullshit by hammering grc on their ebay ads, referring to grc as "back of the hardware store pinball guys". at least we didn't get called out for living in hickville tennessee

#77 10 years ago

Looks like the moderator has some personal dislike for the original poster and uses her power to ban people she doesn't like while her family joins in derailing threads and adding zero to the conversation. Go ahead and ban me too.

Maybe have your whole clan get in the action.

Post edited by absocountry2 : Vote sent for multiple accounts

#78 10 years ago
    Quoted from NoWhining:

Looks like the moderator has some personal dislike for the original poster and uses her power to ban people she doesn't like while her family joins in derailing threads and adding zero to the conversation. Go ahead and ban me too.
    Maybe have your whole clan get in the action.

Is your screen name ironic? Are you dating someone from GRC because you have only posted on the treads bashing them? Gotta know.

#79 10 years ago

In before the Lock!

#80 10 years ago

Guys it's only pinball lighten up already

if you ask to be banned I will always help you out always,
    I was thanked a few times by members who couldn't walk away on there own
    and after a few days/weeks were able to re boot and get back to reality.
    believe me steping away now and then is a good thing

There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-info-on-buying-from-grc-gameroom-collectibles-wide-area-repair/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.