(Topic ID: 5665)

Any ideas on the history of my machine???

By dnhayden

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

snpic5.JPG
    snpic4.JPG
    snpic3.JPG
    snpic2.JPG
    snpic1.JPG
    snpic0.JPG
    #1 12 years ago

Baywatch bought from a guy in Salt Lake City, UT.

snpic0.JPGsnpic0.JPG snpic1.JPGsnpic1.JPG snpic2.JPGsnpic2.JPG snpic3.JPGsnpic3.JPG snpic4.JPGsnpic4.JPG snpic5.JPGsnpic5.JPG

#2 12 years ago

Almost looks like somebody marked it for security reasons.

#3 12 years ago

Salt Lake City does have a bad gang problem.

#4 12 years ago
    Quoted from absocountry2:

Almost looks like somebody marked it for security reasons.

That was my first thought as well.

Here in Minnesota they used to have a program called Operation ID. The idea was to engrave your valuables with a unique ID number assigned by the state and then post your Operation ID sticker on the door to your home. Somehow this was supposed to discourage any would be burglars because they would know that you had permanently defaced your valuables.

Funny thing was I recently picked up an old Magnavox stereo console from the sixties. First thing I noticed was the operation ID number engraved on the tuner. Had to laugh at that

#5 12 years ago

Doesn't make any difference to me because I have a re-import TZ, but it appears to be a re-import in the first picture. It's marked England and the service plug, which would have been different in the UK is missing.

#6 12 years ago

I kinda figured it was a re-imoprt because of the ENGLAND marking. There was a guy on ebay selling a pretty clean Baywatch and he had some good pictures of the inside of the cabinet and his said USA. Any idea on how often games get re-imported? It seems that the shipping would be outrageous.

#7 12 years ago

I have a re-import IJ, doesn't bother me at all.

#8 12 years ago
    Quoted from dnhayden:

Any idea on how often games get re-imported? It seems that the shipping would be outrageous.

All the time. For a long time US prices were much higher and import/exporters still made tons of money even after the cost to ship. Most were done in huge shipping containers, thus the problem of water damage seen on some re-imports is something to look for. I would buy a import in a sec if its clean, I couldn't care less.

#9 12 years ago

I don't beleive its a security etching as I'd imagine the numbers would be consistent. The numbers in the pictures seem to differ and there appears to be multiple numbers on the translight.

#10 12 years ago

I have a re-import T2 with Deutsch Mark coin slots. Seems kinda appropriate with Ah-nold and all.

#11 12 years ago

Just made an interesting find from another post. These appear to be either a better etching, or stamped...but the number format seems somewhat the same.

http://images.pinside.com/archive/3f/medium/3f74d8b76a1a2b857d848ac1267688f8799aae70.jpg

http://pinside.com/pinball/archive/metal-man/gallery

#12 12 years ago

Also, if you've got 4 or 5 of one machine, it's nice to keep the main parts together. If it's clearly marked, you can't mix up the playfields or translites or whatnot.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-ideas-on-the-history-of-my-machine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.