12 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by NPO
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

One of my jobs in this economy is being a lifeguard at a local YMCA pool. Anyway, I've been asked to host the 2012 summer season outdoor pool kick-off lifeguard party. My co-workers are 15,16,17ish kids. I can't communicate with them on so many levels. Here's just one example: They don't know who Elvira, The Mistress of the Dark is. Damn I got old quick! I'd like to have a pinball tournament with no money involved. I have a nice trophy to give. Do you have any ideas how I could run some kinda something for a pinball trophy with this age group?
    Yes, I'll hide the beer and unplug the cig machine first.
    Yes, and I'll try and set a good example.

#2 12 years ago

Thats very nice of you. might want to hide the PS3 and X-box as well. Kids that age tend to go for that then pins. have fun.

#3 12 years ago

the losing child has to go live with the defending players' parents for a month.

...not technically gambling!

-jon

#4 12 years ago

Not sure where you would get a pinball trophy. I could model something up and you could get it 3d printed from shapeways (but material gets expensive). I would probably give some pointers on how to play well, if they get frustrated or feel like they suck, they'll get bored quickly and stop playing.

Looks like you have some good titles there, just make sure they are all working before the party. I would lay down some ground rules, like no drinks on the glass (buy cup holders for mounting to the leg), no abusing the pins (if your nudging so hard it's constantly tilting, that's too rough).

#5 12 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

Not sure where you would get a pinball trophy.

I've got a basic home made trophy. You know, wood, plaq w/first place & date, some pinballs on it and a photo of the machine.

#6 12 years ago

I am 19, no dissing the teens. Some of us are trying to save pinball here....

#7 12 years ago

Loupie, if there are enough people have them team up so there is some responsibility in the dynamic of the partnership. LOVE seeing your cigarette machine!!! I don't smoke but it took me back to the time when they were everywhere and kids used to buy smokes for their parents!

#8 12 years ago
    Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

might want to hide the PS3 and X-box as well.

Don't forget arcade cabinets if there's any.

#9 12 years ago

Hey kwiki 96stang claims he is 19. When are you going to get a second pin?

Just joking..... kinda

I wish I could afford to own 11 pins currently and have that large of an owned in the past list at 19years of age. Maybe if I didn't have my kid huh.

#10 12 years ago
    Quoted from Shoot_Again:

I wish I could afford to own 11 pins currently and have that large of an owned in the past list at 19years of age. Maybe if I didn't have my kid huh.

*start sarcasm*

-___-. Well it does help all his titles are system 11's and back into the 70's (with the exception of..oh *GASP* a Gottlieb machine!!)...whereas your entire current collection as well as your entire wishlist is comprised of A-listers except for Joust as that is more of a "unique and novelty" pin .

*/end sarcasm*

Looks like, based on observation of your "past owned" list that you put your time in the 70's-80's era era and jumped into the "90's to present" time period . Nothing wrong with that - just at age 19 - if he were to have ANY A-listers they way they've balloon in price I'd be shocked.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-ideas-for-teenage-pinball-party and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.