(Topic ID: 174222)

Any ideas for contests at a holiday pinball gathering?

By Mojosan

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Mojosan
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

I'm hosting both the members of my league and a bunch of (non-pinhead) friends for a holiday pinball/classic video game night.

I'm trying to come up with a few contests or competitions to offer just to make things more interesting.

During our regular league nights we have a high score competition on one pin, so I'll definitely do that.

Any one else have any ideas? I have:
    - modern/classic/EM pins,
    - a number of retro arcade cabinets,
    - SkeeBall,
    - Chexx bubble Hockey,
    - Need For Speed sit down driver (was thinking of a "fastest lap contest" for this)

Any thoughts on some fun contests/competitions that would be easy to organize and keep things interesting for the lesser skilled players and for the group in general?

#2 7 years ago

Offer a grab bag of misc fun prizes for anyone who puts up a high score on any machine. Reset or lower score thresholds before the party so noobs can win. Mini liquor bottles make good prizes. For the casual person it's a simple proposition and leaves them the freedom to play any game.

#3 7 years ago

I have a claw game and was thinking about putting mini liquor bottles in there.

Gott wrap them in something though...

#4 7 years ago

I always liked opposite hand on opposite flipper...lots-o-fun!

#5 7 years ago

Good idea.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-ideas-for-contests-at-a-holiday-pinball-gathering and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.