(Topic ID: 191387)

Any idea where to buy these "lightning" bumper caps?

By Minneapolispin

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by OLDPINGUY
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

D3564B83-C38D-4D12-900A-136ED18BD460 (resized).jpeg
    61B7718D-9181-4FC4-85D0-AECCD3712200 (resized).png
    image (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20170615-165105 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20170615-164952 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20170615-164915 (resized).png
    IMG_3683 (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider erak.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 6 years ago

If you can, make your own. They are cool but honestly way overpriced for a off the shelf plasma belt buckle and a 3d printed mount.

Not to bad mouth the people who are selling these but if they bought the plasma disks in bulk there would have cost about $ 3 each.
    I understand they are trying to make money.
    But at $99 a piece, kind of rediculous.
    You could make them yourself for about $20 each. Paying full price for the plasma disks.

Screenshot_20170615-164915 (resized).pngScreenshot_20170615-164915 (resized).png

Screenshot_20170615-164952 (resized).pngScreenshot_20170615-164952 (resized).png

Screenshot_20170615-165105 (resized).pngScreenshot_20170615-165105 (resized).png

#10 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gnatty:

Read the link from above, they are not what you pictured here.

I guess you misunderstood my post. Just posting a much cheaper solution of the op wanted to make some himself.

#19 6 years ago

The ones shown in the video are a bit bigger 6".
    The smallest I have found is 2.5" diameter And there are other sizes.

I like what you have said. And appreciate that you are making these. I am not trying to sabatoge them. And understand you defending your product. And I don't want to start a war. But if someone wants to make these on the cheap.
    You can order 3 from any chinese website. In any color you want.
    Free shipping.
    They can be set to always on or sound activated. Built right into the PCB board on them from the factory.
    Yes they run on batteries. But if you can solider you can correct that. And you can run a ground wire and know where to tap off the power you will fix the noise issue.
    And they are the exact size to fit under a standard pop bumper cap. And there are many different small sizes available. So if you make a mount, or 3D print one you can make them so the glass won't break.
    I researched these a bit and some come with plastic casings on them from the factory.

Take a look at my IM el wire whiplash mod thread. $3 and 15-20 minutes to make.
    Not $199.
    Any pinball mod can be made yourself cheaper if you have the time and the required skills.

And again, I totally understand that if people don't want to take the time and effort or have the skills to make these buying them is a great option.
    But it is not impossible to build them yourself.

5 years later
    #22 1 year ago

I just checked AliExpress. I can't find the ones I was looking at way back. They were glass but they had clear plastic cases over the glass. Maybe the belt buckle ones?

I would suggest a plastic shop. Or find someone with a 3d resin printer.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider erak.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-idea-where-to-buy-these-lightning-bumper-caps?tu=erak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.