fangtooth.jpg
Angler_fish.jpg
a60_Fangtooth.jpg
Mystery_component_4.jpg
Mystery_component_3.jpg
Mystery_component_2.jpg
Mystery_component_1.jpg
#1 12 years ago

I found 3 of these in a packet inside a pin I bought recently (Chance by Playmatic) and I guess it's something for the machine, but I've never seen anything like them before... just wondered if anyone with more sense than me (and that leaves a LOT of potential!) recognises them... They appear to be new... they're so small that I couldn't see that there was writing on them (let alone read it) 'till I looked at the photo! The size is about the same as the tip of a mobile phone charger insert (around 3mm dia, or 1/8th inch).

Thanks for any help in identification!

Mystery_component_1.jpgMystery_component_1.jpg Mystery_component_2.jpgMystery_component_2.jpg Mystery_component_3.jpgMystery_component_3.jpg Mystery_component_4.jpgMystery_component_4.jpg

#2 12 years ago

Also these:

a60_Fangtooth.jpga60_Fangtooth.jpg Angler_fish.jpgAngler_fish.jpg fangtooth.jpgfangtooth.jpg

#3 12 years ago

I guess these are fish to go with all those chips!

#4 12 years ago

Looks like some sort of capacitor mabe?

#5 12 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Looks like some sort of capacitor mabe?

That's what I was thinking... I can't see them anywhere on the boards in the game though... I'll chuck 'em in my spare capacitor tray to never to be seen again I think!

#6 12 years ago

Are those ceramic insulators on top??? I'd say those are very old if that's the case, they just remind me of the old electrical componets from the 60's.

#7 12 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Are those ceramic insulators on top???

They're plastic not ceramic... In the 2nd pic you can see where the plastic melted a bit when the solder was applied... at least I guess that's what happened...

#8 12 years ago

That is a surface mount aluminum electrolytic capacitor.

top number c4 = date code
middle number 47 = value 47uF
bottom number 4v = rated voltage 4V

#9 12 years ago

They look like used caps, don't they?

#10 12 years ago
Quoted from Tekman:

That is a surface mount aluminum electrolytic capacitor.

top number c4 = date code
middle number 47 = value 47uF
bottom number 4v = rated voltage 4V

Thanks Tekman... I'm humbled by your knowledge clearly demonstrated in your top-notch reply! Now I know why you have that name!!

So I guess it means that I shouldn't be trying them in any location that has higher than 4V, or they'll go pop!?

#12 12 years ago

It does indeed, and it ties in with the spec Tekman stated too... I got a whole 3 off these totally free with my game... that's a whole dollars worth of free parts!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-idea-what-this-is and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.