• 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by lurch
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_2018-12-17-20-10-21 (resized).png

There are 110 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Castle doors are reliable, they just significantly add to the difficulty of the upper pf. Very few people ever complete rescue mb and qualify that part of the final wizard mode. If they are removed, it likely means a software option will be added to older versions to have them open. Personally, I'd give a 3 second ball save when you get the ball up to the upper playfield during multiballs, instead. But I think they'd like to combine potential game balance improvements with cost reductions. There's already an option to have monkey virtual locks.
Personally I'd eliminate the OLED on the crystal ball and add some addressable RGB lights.you have to look at it from the right angle to see it, and never look at it during play. It was more useful in early code before all the other audio visual clues were in. It's totally redundant now.

Most players may not get to the step of collecting the Super Jackpot but not having the castle doors would require more of a re-write to that code than just that because as it is if you hit the ball in there with any of the letters lit it gives you the other jackpot (can't remember what it's called) and resets your progress towards the Super Jackpot. It's also a way to add two letters and an arguably safer way to light some of the letters just to enable Rescue MB start. I don't know why they would remove them other than cost savings but that code work time could easily offset their savings on the BOM.

#52 5 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Does not change the fact that you get the same game for 5500 at times. This is also a game that new was what 8500 when they did the pre-orders? So after 5 years its tough to say sure, I will pay more for it now.

$6500 for ecle preorder back 6+ years ago.

#53 5 years ago

surprise!.......it's 9500+tax+shipping.

No idea why someone would pay this much unless there is a significance diff which is impossible as they would never burn former customers that bad. So many gorgeous HUO with 2.0 light boards at good prices. I wish Jack would just focus on marketing POTC and getting ready for the next one.

#54 5 years ago

It’s been that price for around 2 years now... maybe longer

#55 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

No idea why someone would pay this much unless there is a significance diff which is impossible as they would never burn former customers that bad. So many gorgeous HUO with 2.0 light boards at good prices. I wish Jack would just focus on marketing POTC and getting ready for the next one.

Quoted from mountaingamer:

It’s been that price for around 2 years now... maybe longer

This, plus they'll probably sell thousands more over the course of a few years. I know a few people who are very tempted by the new style backbox and 2.0 boards alone.

It'll have to look really special though to get me to 'upgrade' my ECLE, given the beatiful apron and direct print cabinet, and that I've never had an issue with the revised but not v2 boards in mine.

#56 5 years ago

They just re-upped the license - it isn’t going anywhere. that game is probably helping keep JJP solvent as they try new things.

#57 5 years ago

I've never had a problem with the upf doors or the monkey. 2016 build with 1.0 boards, also still working just fine.

#58 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I really didnt want this to be a thread about price but that was funny!

Seriously though, when you put it like that I'm never going to be able to afford a NIB WoZ. I'm guessing almost $11k out the door? Hey Jack, do you do layaway?

#59 5 years ago
Quoted from lurch:

I really didnt want this to be a thread about price but that was funny!
Seriously though, when you put it like that I'm never going to be able to afford a NIB WoZ. I'm guessing almost $11k out the door? Hey Jack, do you do layaway?

Trust me u can definitely get away without the tax and u can get shipping including sometimes also. There is some leeway in price also through certain distros.... just call around when the time comes that u wanna order a jjp pin..... still expensive but u dont need to pay msrp.

#60 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Trust me u can definitely get away without the tax and u can get shipping including sometimes also. There is some leeway in price also through certain distros.... just call around when the time comes that u wanna order a jjp pin..... still expensive but u dont need to pay msrp.

Thanks for the tip. Again it wasnt my intention of getting into a price discussion but now I'm convinced it'll never happen for me. Im just going to wait and get a nice used RR or ECLE..... Back to trolling the pinside market.

#61 5 years ago

I paid $10,162.50 delivered with the 2.0 system and rad-cals which are amazing... dang that was allot now that I think about it, but still our prize pin. I heard the yellow brick road edition was going to be a budget or pro level also.. doesn’t matter to me if it’s that or a huge upgrade - we love our WOZ.

#62 5 years ago
Quoted from lurch:

Thanks for the tip. Again it wasnt my intention of getting into a price discussion but now I'm convinced it'll never happen for me. Im just going to wait and get a nice used RR or ECLE..... Back to trolling the pinside market.

It can happen... ive seen many of low play 2.0 rrwoz for 7750-8k..... gl

#63 5 years ago

I heard the yellow brick road edition was going to be a budget or pro level also...

Thats the info I was looking for! Was hoping for the opposite (more features) but change is good i suppose.

Welp that about seals it for me personally. I'll just wait for a good used one to pop up.

#64 5 years ago

I paid $10,162.50 delivered

Yeah that is/was a lot! I paid $7200 for the ECLE I had and now I hate myself for letting it go. My daughters loved it.

#65 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

It can happen... ive seen many of low play 2.0 rrwoz for 7750-8k..... gl

Yup. They seem to pop up one or twice a month. I'll keep my eye out.

#66 5 years ago
Quoted from lurch:

Yeah that is/was a lot! I paid $7200 for the ECLE I had and now I hate myself for letting it go. My daughters loved it.

Those ridiculously beautiful direct-print cabinets for the ECLE make it the most desirable of them all once they have a 2.0 light system.

#67 5 years ago

Most states are requiring all online sales to collect sales tax starting 1/1/2019......finally a level playing field for local vs distance sales.

#68 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Most states are requiring all online sales to collect sales tax starting 1/1/2019......finally a level playing field for local vs distance sales.

Yes - some distribs are already collecting depending on what state you live in.

#69 5 years ago
Quoted from lurch:

That’s almost exactly what happened with us - we also had a early ELCE and I sold it to make a few bucks. With each new pin, my daughter would say “get another WOZ”...

#70 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Those ridiculously beautiful direct-print cabinets for the ECLE make it the most desirable of them all once they have a 2.0 light system.

I've got the 7.5 boards in my ECLE. Never had one issue. Probably the only game I've ever bought that I will never sell. And once I add the flying monkey mod, it'll be a keeper for sure.

#71 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

The tax is collected if there is a retailer or distributor in your state the reason you pay tax on Amazon is they have warehouses in every st

#72 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

And once I add the flying monkey mod

What is this that you speak of?

#74 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

The tax is collected if there is a retailer or distributor in your state the reason you pay tax on Amazon is they have warehouses in every st

That's the old model, after a Supreme Court ruling last year states can now force retailers without a physical presence in other states to collect tax for them, most of the goes into effect in 2019.

#75 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Being that JJP sells games directly and that Stern distributors margins were leaked out recently I would say that all games sold directly by JJP have the highest margins of all manufacturers

But ... likely most people that buy direct from JJP use credit cards and JJP has to pay that fee. Granted that is not likely as much as the distributor margins, but still 3 figures. Most (if not all) distributors do not accept credit cards or charge you extra to use them to cover the fees. That is one advantage of going direct with JJP. Distros help with support better though and get answers quicker it seems.

#76 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Nope, times are a changing. most states will require tax to be collected regardless of where the business is located.
And I would expect to see the rest of the states catch on and implement a similar law

#77 5 years ago

The witch and monkey mods add an insane amount of value to the game. Considering Steve is limiting how many he makes, having them in your game puts it on a whole different level. True masterpieces, IMO.

#78 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

But ... likely most people that buy direct from JJP use credit cards and JJP has to pay that fee. Granted that is not likely as much as the distributor margins, but still 3 figures. Most (if not all) distributors do not accept credit cards or charge you extra to use them to cover the fees. That is one advantage of going direct with JJP. Distros help with support better though and get answers quicker it seems.

I don't know about most distributers but the large distributor in the northeast takes cards how the hell do you call up buy a game then have a game shipped to you with no card

#79 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

I don't know about most distributers but the large distributor in the northeast takes cards how the hell do you call up buy a game then have a game shipped to you with no card

Some require wire transfer and won't take cards. I can do wire transfer, but I prefer cards because it is far less hassle. Personally if they won't take a card, I probably won't buy from them. But to each their own!

#80 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Nope, times are a changing. most states will require tax to be collected regardless of where the business is located.
And I would expect to see the rest of the states catch on and implement a similar law

Not to get off topic, but after buying three NIB games in the past year, I will be much more hesitant to purchase another NIB pin if I have to add another $600-$750 in sales tax. Our local sales tax is about 7.5%, similar to Colorado.

It will be interesting to see how that affects NIB sales, future pricing, "second owner" market, etc.

#81 5 years ago
Quoted from dung:It is a thread where we discuss things. Just because you don't care for what I have to say doesn't mean its an invalid discussion.

nobody does!

#82 5 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

Not to get off topic, but after buying three NIB games in the past year, I will be much more hesitant to purchase another NIB pin if I have to add another $600-$750 in sales tax. Our local sales tax is about 7.5%, similar to Colorado.
It will be interesting to see how that affects NIB sales, future pricing, "second owner" market, etc.

It started in CO on 11/1 FYI:

https://taxfoundation.org/colorado-online-sales-tax-collection-starting-november-1/

And MN was 10/1 (same as us here in OK):

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.duluthnewstribune.com/news/government-and-politics/4477308-minnesota-sets-oct-1-date-online-sales-tax%3famp

#83 5 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

4% where I live

#84 5 years ago

So far nothing for Missouri

Guess I better start buying like crazy before that changes. Stupid fucking Supreme Court ruling, it’s gonna be a nightmare to participate, enforce, verify, and pay. I’m praying for an appeal.

#85 5 years ago

WOZ RR or ECLE sell for about $7200-$8500 depending on condition, mods, and what version of light boards they have. A local buddy just picked up a really nice HUO ECLE that was modded nicely, and in perfect condition for $7600. If your picking up one for much less than that then its probably been routed or in rough shape.

#86 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

I've got the 7.5 boards in my ECLE. Never had one issue. Probably the only game I've ever bought that I will never sell. And once I add the flying monkey mod, it'll be a keeper for sure.

That can be the case for now, but once they start failing, it's a cascade effect and you'll be chasing the fix, board after board, forever.

#87 5 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

Guess I better start buying like crazy before that changes. Stupid fucking Supreme Court ruling, it’s gonna be a nightmare to participate, enforce, verify, and pay. I’m praying for an appeal.

The ONLY way it will be possible to comply correctly is using a clearinghouse service that collects and pays the tax for you because there are SO MANY state and local (county, city, neighborhood) taxes to account for, and that's another 1-2% service fee on the deal. These services are already springing up.

#88 5 years ago

The above references to Yellow Brick Road are true. A source explained that two mechs have been "reworked" to improve reliability or address a lack thereof and those are indeed the castle doors and the monkey. Pricing, at the time of my conversation with this person, was not finalized.

Just thought I'd share and confirm what a couple people above had mentioned. It will be interesting to see the graphics package.

#89 5 years ago
Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

The above references to Yellow Brick Road are true. A source explained that two mechs have been "reworked" to improve reliability or address a lack thereof and those are indeed the castle doors and the monkey. Pricing, at the time of my conversation with this person, was not finalized.
Just thought I'd share and confirm what a couple people above had mentioned. It will be interesting to see the graphics package.

Thank you! Exactly what I was looking for!

#90 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That can be the case for now, but once they start failing, it's a cascade effect and you'll be chasing the fix, board after board, forever.

Is it confirmed that 100% of the 7.5 boards will fail? Because if it isn't, I'm going to avoid the Debbie Downer route and say that I've already put over 1000 games into it and the boards are still working fine.

Here's to trying to have some Happy Holidays!

#91 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Is it confirmed that 100% of the 7.5 boards will fail? Because if it isn't, I'm going to avoid the Debbie Downer route and say that I've already put over 1000 games into it and the boards are still working fine.

No not even close.....people who have had issues have upgraded to the 2.0 system for about $800, but it takes a long time to install, and sounds like a pain in the ass...I have the 7.5V buffered boards in my HUO WOZ ECLE and haven't had any issues.......by the way I have the witch and waiting for my Monkey as well.

#92 5 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

This is such a huge killer for small businesses too. They now have potentially 50 states they have to pay taxes to quarterly or annually. Talk about a huge pain in the butt and time sink.

Oh and don't forget county/local taxes too! This is just adding to consumer's costs, driving up the prices of goods.

#93 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Yes. They all will fail eventually because the design is flawed. Supposedly the person who designed them didn't have any prior experience designing a LED lighting system and screwed it up. After a year of chasing cascading failures on a formerly rock-solid WoZ, I believe it. 2.0 lighting completely solved the issues.

#94 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yes. They all will fail eventually because the design is flawed. Supposedly the person who designed them didn't have any prior experience designing a LED lighting system and screwed it up. After a year of chasing cascading failures on a formerly rock-solid WoZ, I believe it. 2.0 lighting completely solved the issues.

But, don't all electronics fail at some point? Even the 2.0 system?

#95 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Absolutely. If you are planning on keeping WOZ a long time, 5-10 years or more it would be a good idea to go ahead and get the upgrade kit. If something happens to JJP down the road you will have what you need if your light boards start acting up. There's no way to tell if they will last 3 months or 20 years, every game seems to be a little different. But at a certain point you are correct that all of the electronics will fail, heck even your playfield will eventually wear and get roached out. The steel ball slow beats everything to death and electronics only have so long of a lifespan.

#96 5 years ago

I picked up the 2.0 kit for my 7.5 buffered ECLE. It’s a nice thing to have for piece of mind.

Definitely not installing it until something blows or I ever decide to sell.

#97 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Yes, and we all die at some point. The horizon is much longer for the 2.0 system. There.

#98 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

The bigger problem is what happens when something fails in one system versus the other. In the 2.0 system a problem with one board doesn't cause problems with all the other boards down the serial stream from it which is what can and does happens in the 1.x system.

#99 5 years ago

On the WOZ thread, Hogbog mentioned they were working on a code update.

I highly doubt JJP will change anything to the playfield, there is nothing to add and nothing to remove there it’s a perfect game.

So I bet on cosmetic changes

#100 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I normally love your insight; however I'm not sure I understand or agree with the above comment....totally understand that the 2.0 is more reliable, but everything fails at some point....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.50
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
There are 110 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-idea-what-new-suprises-woz-is-getting/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.