• 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by lurch
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_2018-12-17-20-10-21 (resized).png

There are 110 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 5 years ago

Anyone know what JJP has in store for the upcoming WoZ production run for 2019? Pinballstars Facebook post hints at "new surprises". Not really sure what that means.
Screenshot_2018-12-17-20-10-21 (resized).pngScreenshot_2018-12-17-20-10-21 (resized).png

#2 5 years ago

Hope its more than new decals

#3 5 years ago

That would be a bummer. Hoping for a completely new theme. Black edition would be sweet.

#4 5 years ago

How about a lower price. If CGC can hit the prices they are I don’t think WOZ needs to be $9500 still

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

How about a lower price. If CGC can hit the prices they are I don’t think WOZ needs to be $9500 still

WOZ has a heck of a lot more in it (features, tech, and code) then Monster Bash LE, a loaded game on its own, does.

#6 5 years ago

Hopefully actual GI lighting.

#7 5 years ago

Lol... Should seen these repsonses coming!

Lower price would be amazing though!

#8 5 years ago

No moving monkey...some other things will be removed from the reg woz game

#9 5 years ago

Yellow Brick Road Edition

#10 5 years ago

Leftover Stern WWE LE trim?

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

No moving monkey...some other things will be removed from the reg woz game

Wow... Really? That seems kinda drastic.

Quoted from joefox22:

Yellow Brick Road Edition

Yellow trim I'm guessing? Ugg.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

WOZ has a heck of a lot more in it (features, tech, and code) then Monster Bash LE, a loaded game on its own, does.

CGC has nowhere near the BoM of a JJP WoZ.

#13 5 years ago

Is anyone really paying 9.5K for a NIB WOZ? That number should include shipping and setup at this point.

#14 5 years ago

Actually hearing that it may msrp for more than the ruby red, but will include some new things and be the yellow brick road edition.... Obviously u will b able to get it for less just like u cld with the rr version.

#15 5 years ago

What have most people paid for a NIB RRWOZ as I was looking to pay $8500 shipped and never found a distro that wanted the cash.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

What have most people paid for a NIB RRWOZ as I was looking to pay $8500 shipped and never found a distro that wanted the cash.

Isn't the usual price $9500? You might get $100 off or free shipping, but $8500 shipped is a smokin' hot deal on a -*used*- one. I'm not surprised a distributor didn't jump all over that. IF you're buying NIB, that price basically wipes out their margin.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Is anyone really paying 9.5K for a NIB WOZ? That number should include shipping and setup at this point.

God I wish!

Quoted from tacshose:

For $8500 you might get a floor model. Ive seen $9k only once for a NIB RR. Id love to see a price drop on WoZ though but there would be outcry from existing owners. I'm happy to wait for the right used one to come by for $7500.

#18 5 years ago

Hard to pay 9500 for a nib of a game that I have seen go for as low as 5500 recently.

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from lurch:

God I wish!

For $8500 you might get a floor model. Ive seen $9k only once for a NIB RR. Id love to see a price drop on WoZ though but there would be outcry from existing owners. I'm happy to wait for the right used one to come by for $7500.

Call Automated. They used to have the best deals on WOZ.

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

Most were paying a little over 9K for them. Seems crazy but it's a popular game and most distros are completely sold out of them waiting with orders for the next run in 2019. I'd love to see it come in around $8500 but when you keep selling out runs they are not going to lower the price.

#21 5 years ago

All the cost of coding and designing of the game is behind them the new games are only the cost of materials and manufacturing if there was ever a time JJP could cut prices it is now

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

All the cost of coding and designing of the game is behind the new games are only the cost of materials and manufacturing if there was ever a time JJP could cut prices it is now

Very true, but that's looking at it from a buyers standpoint. As a company they are looking at is as a game that sells out every run that can continue to keep them a float through all of their growing pains. WOZ profits cover the blunders on new releases. No reason to lower the price when the game just keeps selling.

#23 5 years ago

Ok back on topic... So we're thinking a yellow brick road edition?

#24 5 years ago

The guts will be in the backbox like DI and JJPOTC, so the backbox will change shape a bit (a little deeper) like the JJPOTC wide body style. So, those side decals will change shape a bit.

#25 5 years ago

Gotta have something to sell...... Pirates and DI aren't going to do it.

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

Pretty sure CGC's margins on their LE are way higher than JJP's on WOZ RR. Which is the problem.

In fact I'd be surprised if their nominal margin wasn't higher on all 3 models.

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Hard to pay 9500 for a nib of a game that I have seen go for as low as 5500 recently.

Lol yea a few standards that were routed may go for that but the green le still sell for 6750-8 depending on which light boards and dp cab. Also the rr with 2.0 light boards still sell for 8-8500 and even the ones with 7.5 boards sell for 7500-8 .

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Pretty sure CGC's margins on their LE are way higher than JJP's on WOZ RR. Which is the problem.

Agreed.. not much to the remakes compared to jjp pins.

#29 5 years ago

If there is any missing features on New run of Woz it will be a huge disappointment.

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Lol yea a few standards that were routed may go for that but the green le still sell for 6750-8 depending on which light boards and dp cab. Also the rr with 2.0 light boards still sell for 8-8500 and even the ones with 7.5 boards sell for 7500-8 .

Does not change the fact that you get the same game for 5500 at times. This is also a game that new was what 8500 when they did the pre-orders? So after 5 years its tough to say sure, I will pay more for it now.

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

If there is any missing features on New run of Woz it will be a huge disappointment.

I really dont think jjp wld do this to woz...

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Does not change the fact that you get the same game for 5500 at times. This is also a game that new was what 8500 when they did the pre-orders? So after 5 years its tough to say sure, I will pay more for it now.

Actually 6500 preorder but it was soon realized that was the cost to build one ....

#33 5 years ago

I think anyone expecting much more then new trim and topper are probably expecting too much. They want to make it look nice so it will sell, but they also can't add a bunch and make it a lot more appealing then the EC or RR as that is just going to tick off current customers.

I expect new trim, new topper, slightly changed cab artwork to match the color scheme, new apron decals, etc. My only real request game play wise is to fix the GI. It's a little silly to have to add a lighting kit to a $9500 game.

Quoted from dung:

Preorders were $6500 and most of the ECLE's still sell for a good bit more then that.

#34 5 years ago

If you think the price is too high, don't buy one. No need to monopolize the thread.

edit: to be clear, I'm just saying don't beat a dead horse.

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

If you think the price is too high, don't buy one. No need to monopolize the thread.

It is a thread where we discuss things. Just because you don't care for what I have to say doesn't mean its an invalid discussion.

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

All the cost of coding and designing of the game is behind them the new games are only the cost of materials and manufacturing if there was ever a time JJP could cut prices it is now

So you should be calling out Stern's pricing model of increasing prices on rerun games since all the work is done. Stern also increases prices of prior games when a new game is announced from time to time. But I guess that is ok by you.

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from foureyedcharlie:

Gotta have something to sell...... Pirates and DI aren't going to do it.

Only two of the best games out there...

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Was Bigfoot selling it? Did he have Jimmy Hoffa's body for sale as well?

GTFO with that kind of talk.

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Was Bigfoot selling it? Did he have Jimmy Hoffa's body for sale as well?
GTFO with that kind of talk.

There have definitely been a few go that low but that is not normal. It only happens when you have a heavily routed standard or one that had playfield chipping in the pops or other major issues. I'd Say $7500-8500 is much more the norm.

Quoted from delt31:

Only two of the best games out there...

2 really good games, the themes are just not going to hit with a wide audience. Which is a shame because they both are really good.

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Being that JJP sells games directly and that Stern distributors margins were leaked out recently I would say that all games sold directly by JJP have the highest margins of all manufacturers

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

So you should be calling out Stern's pricing model of increasing prices on rerun games since all the work is done. Stern also increases prices of prior games when a new game is announced from time to time. But I guess that is ok by you.

I have many times said Stern LE games are overpriced and for suckers only I also said any vaults with dots a waste of time. The fact a fanboy trys to bash Stern to buildup JJP one more time is no surprise

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

There have definitely been a few go that low but that is not normal. It only happens when you have a heavily routed standard or one that had playfield chipping in the pops or other major issues. I'd Say $7500-8500 is much more the norm.

2 really good games, the themes are just not going to hit with a wide audience. Which is a shame because they both are really good.

Yeah I hear you. My reaction to both themes was disappointment (especially DI). I'm actually one that needs a good them too - the games are just so good once you play.

#43 5 years ago

Yellow, no monkey, no castle doors, higher price.

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Yellow, no monkey, no castle doors, higher price.

That would be good for current owners. Their games would instantly be more desirable.

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Maybe $5500 for a routed standard with 1.0 light boards and issues. That is not the normal price for HUO WOZ ECLE or RR, add $2k-$3k. Just because one game sells for X price doesn't mean all games regardless of model and condition are suddenly worth that.

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

That would be good for current owners. Their games would instantly be more desirable.

As someone who has their game on this wish list, just wondering why owners would not want the monkey and castle doors? Do they have a lot of problems?

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from dung:

It is a thread where we discuss things. Just because you don't care for what I have to say doesn't mean its an invalid discussion.

Don't put words into my mouth. Never said it was invalid or that it couldn't be discussed. Just saying no need to beat the dead horse.

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

As someone who has their game on this wish list, just wondering why owners would not want the monkey and castle doors? Do they have a lot of problems?

We've never had issues with those, but I've read of people that do. Mostly it's an issue of dialing in the monkey and keeping the drive screw he moves along clean. Once that's done, there's not much to complain about.

It would really suck if they removed those. I don't know what they'd replace the castle doors with. They're currently integral to the software for that mini-playfield.

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Both would be major losses to the game in my opinion. Both are a little finicky but not huge problems.

#50 5 years ago

Castle doors are reliable, they just significantly add to the difficulty of the upper pf. Very few people ever complete rescue mb and qualify that part of the final wizard mode. If they are removed, it likely means a software option will be added to older versions to have them open. Personally, I'd give a 3 second ball save when you get the ball up to the upper playfield during multiballs, instead. But I think they'd like to combine potential game balance improvements with cost reductions. There's already an option to have monkey virtual locks.

Personally I'd eliminate the OLED on the crystal ball and add some addressable RGB lights.you have to look at it from the right angle to see it, and never look at it during play. It was more useful in early code before all the other audio visual clues were in. It's totally redundant now.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 5.00
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Nanaimo, BC
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
Machine - For Sale
Charles Town, WV
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 110 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-idea-what-new-suprises-woz-is-getting and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.