(Topic ID: 356445)

Any Hyatt Globalists here??

By briyau15

60 days ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 60 days ago

I’d say my first hobby before discovering pins was traveling and such. My current attention is geared towards earning Lifetime Globalist status which will take a while.

Any Hyatt loyalists here? For the record I’m also a lifetime Platinum Marriott but have shifted focus to stay at Hyatts.

Next spring break planning a trip to Spain so curious to hear thoughts on Barcelona properties outside of what I read on Flyertalk, plus any other Hyatt property recommendations across the globe…

#2 60 days ago

Is this, "Hotelvesting"?

#3 60 days ago

That’s what I’m trying to convince myself, ha ha.

Spend enough to get lifetime status and reap the rewards until I die. Annual suite night upgrades, complimentary breakfasts, etc. How can I not expend time and money to obtain it?

I guess the simple answer is devaluation that hotel programs are known for but it’s not fun thinking about that possibility.

#4 60 days ago

Whatever floats your boat.

I worked out ages ago that most of those schemes are bunkum - they’re all built into the price - and when they start to lose money on them they just change the rules and cut the benefits.

As someone who has travelled a lot around the world, I’ll take the cheapest Hotels.com 8+ reviewed place in the spot I want to be and be happy with it.

You only sleep in the hotel - as soon as we wake up we are out of there to go exploring. Then back again at 10pm probably. Cheapest is good for us.

rd

#5 60 days ago

Hilton Diamond and Team Member here!

#6 60 days ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

I’ll take the cheapest Hotels.com 8+ reviewed place in the spot I want to be and be happy with it.

You only sleep in the hotel - as soon as we wake up we are out of there to go exploring. Then back again at 10pm probably. Cheapest is good for us.

GMTA, cheapest 8+, assuming equal convenience and allowing for whether or not breakfast and parking are included. The one variant is that I'll search for properties on Hotels.com to determine the "possibles," then check the individual hotel chain sites and the Rocket / Airline / credit card linked sites to see if I can get a better deal or same price but more points with one of those. Lately, I can often get the same price on Rocket/AmericanAirlines as on Hotels, but Hotels only gives 2% back even at my Platinum level whereas the Rocket/AA miles are worth more than that. Hotels.com was my go-to when they gave 10% back, but now that they've cratered their points, I use them much less often for final bookings.

I'm lifetime Silver Elite on Marriott, but I've spread my stays around too much to get permanent status on any others. Lifetime hotel night count is somewhere in four figures.

#7 60 days ago
    Quoted from bobmathuse:

assuming equal convenience and allowing for whether or not breakfast and parking are included.

Hi ya Bob!!

I don’t eat the shitty hotel breakfasts (doesn’t qualify as real food in my books, generally) so that’s not a deal breaker for me. I’d rather support the local coffee shop (Google maps “best coffee in ****” and you’re usually onto a winner)

Hotels.com gives you a 10th night free which is cool. So that’s generally a go to when I’m town hopping across the USA for example.

However if I’m staying for a longer period, I’ll do as you do and do a better search. Saved some good bucks on Hyatt House in Frisco by booking direct when we stayed there for 5 nights for TPF last March doing that. Saved like $300 bucks which was well worth my time.

rd

#8 60 days ago

Do you live in Illinois? I hope you do. We’ve got the governor of the family that owns Hyatt.

#9 60 days ago

The vast majority of people in these levels got there via business travel that the employer paid for and they got the points.

#10 59 days ago
    Quoted from EMsInKC:

The vast majority of people in these levels got there via business travel that the employer paid for and they got the points.

Yeah that’s true. And something I don’t consider because I’ve always been self employed. So I’m picking up the tab.

In these digital times, do business people still travel around like they used to? I have no idea … I bet it’s not like it used to be …

rd

#11 59 days ago

Spent six nights at the Hyatt in downtown Chicago last month, AMA.

#12 59 days ago
    Quoted from EMsInKC:

Yeah, that’s how I basically became a lifetime Marriott Platinum. During my consulting days lived out of a suitcase flying out every Sunday/Monday coming back Thursday for weeks on end. Sometimes shuffled nightly to take advantage of promos.

This was well before marriage and well before having kids. Now travel is mainly for leisure so will take a while to get to certain lifetime status.

#13 59 days ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

Hotels.com gives you a 10th night free which is cool.

They used to do that here, but stopped last summer when they rolled their plan into One Key. That's when I deemphasized them. Good to hear they haven't done that to you yet.

Re breakfast, it varies, some are fine, some not, sometimes I'd rather go out anyway. But I do consider it, especially if I've been there before and know what to expect.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.