Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B87FA466-1A35-4CC7-985F-612E87DD07A2 (resized).jpeg
DSC00894 (resized).JPG
DSC00893 (resized).JPG
DSC00892 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SpecialK-33.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

I’ve enjoyed visiting Pinside for years now for Pinball but have recently re-discovered the joy of hockey card collecting. I was wondering if anyone else out there collected? I figured people out there might want to share their collections, stories and maybe even want to buy, sell or trade?!

1 month later
#9 3 years ago

Thought it was worth mentioning that there is quite the surge in both vintage and modern hockey cards right now. Prices are ridiculous. So if anyone was wanting to sell, now’s a good time to get them on EBay!

#15 3 years ago

Yeah, PSA is the card grader that most buyers are looking for. Problem is that everybody and their mothers are getting their cards graded right now so there’s like a two month backlog. They do offer a expedited service for more money but I’ve also heard that there’s a big wait time on those customers too. I only have one graded card and I bought it that way so I’ve never sent a card to PSA. Beckett is also a company that does reputable grading. You can do EBay but they’ll take 10% of your sale and PayPal will take another 5%. There’s also a consignment company called COMC (Check out my Cards) who will sell your cards for you. Not too familiar with them but I’ve heard good things. The only thing I do know about them is that once you sell your cards, the money will sit in your account there. You can cash it out or have it sent to your bank but I think they take 10%?
The demand for modern cards (all sports) is just out of control and that is now spilling into the vintage market

2 weeks later
#21 3 years ago

You should because ALL sports cards AND even novelty cards are huge right now.

#22 3 years ago

That is unless they have sentimental value of course. I’m just selling my doubles and cards I’m not attached to

2 weeks later
#24 3 years ago

There’s an online consignment site called COMC ( “Com C”’). There are different selling platforms to choose from. You send them your cards, they’ll photograph them, you price them and they’ll put them on their website. They’ll even handle shipping. The cost for you is just about the same as EBay, except they do all the work. Another option is card shows. I see you’re in Nevada? I’m sure Vegas has card shows? I know there are still shows going on even with Covid.

11 months later
#25 2 years ago

Thought I'd post something here as it's been awhile. The sportscard market and novelty card market is still just exploding in terms of price. It's crazy what current and even vintage cards are fetching these days. Just wondering if anyone has something fun to add here- a recent sale, purchase, what cards you have hidden from your childhood?

#29 2 years ago

I hear you about Ebay. There are third party sellers out there too who can sell your cards on Ebay for you. There are also local card shows turning up as well.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SpecialK-33.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-hockey-card-collectors-on-pinside?tu=SpecialK-33 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.