(Topic ID: 112412)

Any Hobbit pics or vids from Automated to be had?

By Soltic

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 153 posts
  • 58 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by HighNoon
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

57310046.jpg
PLD.jpg
tumblr_ldc2yatq3K1qzada4.gif
smaugkitparts__01202.1408489476.1280.1280.jpg
IMAG1304.jpg
331860-i.jpg
IMG_20141213_165924_764.jpg
IMG_20141213_141403_841.jpg
IMG_20141213_141409_012.jpg
1213141439.jpg
1213141430.jpg
1213141423.jpg
1213141420.jpg
image-393.jpg
image.jpg
10846111_896377933714137_840678468650296583_n.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sammy31.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#48 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm absolutely convinced that in order to kill the dragon, you're going to have one shot like with the TOTO shot in WOZ. You'll fire the windlance with the fire button, it'll shoot the ball up to the upper right flipper, and you'll have one shot at the hole behind the targets and beneath Smaug. BLAMMO!!!

Unfortunately, we have to wait for the DVD to come out for WB to release the footage from the third film of Smaug getting aced. Wonder what they'll put there instead in the meantime...

The way it's currently set up, that is the only way I see it happening also. I would assume you would hold the fire button until you built up just the right amount of power to launch the ball to the upper right flipper.... assuming the trajectory from the fixed guide will allow this (didn't see this in the videos but the power may have been set low...)

#80 9 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

Only thing im really worried about is the upper flipper busting up the ramps and since it doesn't seem to serve much of a purpose, kids and hell anyone that doesn't own the game will try and force shots to the side of the ramps.

Yep, same here. I'm not sure if anyone else noticed that but I sure hope JJP took note of it and at least reinforced those sides... They did make a small curve in that left ramp but it doesn't appear to be enough to deflect the hit and certainly not enough to give the ball a smooth entry up the ramp.

The plastic gold pile beside that ramp and the "F" drop target is really exposed and looks like the first place i'd put a clear disc protector.

#85 9 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Perhaps they should remove the third flipper all together?

Even if you are not supposed to shoot the ramp with the upper flipper (i don't know why they would design it so that you couldn't) people are still going to hit the sides, and over time... damaged ramp wall, leads to air balls, leads to damaged plastic and playfield, not to mention the loss in flow...

I've said it before, it's in the details.

I hope whoever is leading this ship has these problems covered in their Master Plan...otherwise I could see myself lowering the power on that upper right flipper (if you got to that then what is the point)...

#87 9 years ago
Quoted from jazc4:

I believe the third flipper is going to be used for the kill shot on Smaug via the wind lance. Should make for tough, but fun shot. And don't forget the drop targets as part of the shot.

Yeah that would be fun...just wish you could hit that ramp also (because that Smaug shot probably wont be used often) ...

#94 9 years ago
Quoted from jazc4:

True, but on an earlier video a player at the expo made the ramp from the upper flipper. Hopefully they have made ramp adjustments/reinforcements for that trajectory. Keith may code in a ramp shot from the upper flipper, which would be cool too.

Yes one lucky shot did make it up the left ramp, but after bouncing back and forth, it went left behind Smaug and not (right) through the barrels as it was designed

Code wont help the flow of that shot. Seriously, something has to be missing there...is that the surprise? I hope so because my money is riding on it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

Hardware
Pinball Haven

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

9,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sammy31.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-hobbit-pics-or-vids-from-automated-to-be-had?tu=sammy31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.