(Topic ID: 112412)

Any Hobbit pics or vids from Automated to be had?

By Soltic

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 153 posts
  • 58 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by HighNoon
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

57310046.jpg
PLD.jpg
tumblr_ldc2yatq3K1qzada4.gif
smaugkitparts__01202.1408489476.1280.1280.jpg
IMAG1304.jpg
331860-i.jpg
IMG_20141213_165924_764.jpg
IMG_20141213_141403_841.jpg
IMG_20141213_141409_012.jpg
1213141439.jpg
1213141430.jpg
1213141423.jpg
1213141420.jpg
image-393.jpg
image.jpg
10846111_896377933714137_840678468650296583_n.jpg
There are 153 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

Could you please post the video. You will have the premiere no videos showed up yet

Its just 12 seconds but 32 MB. Phone mp4 video but with glass off not bad.

Looks like my website does not accept video and I never uploaded to YouTube. I'll give it a try if I get a chance.

#52 9 years ago

Here you go

#53 9 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Its just 12 seconds but 32 MB. Phone mp4 video but with glass off not bad.
Looks like my website does not accept video and I never uploaded to YouTube. I'll give it a try if I get a chance.

Uploading to YouTube is real easy. Even I could do it

The Hobbit pinball DPO 2014:

#54 9 years ago

Thanks !

#55 9 years ago

In the first photo who's the big guy with Jack !

#57 9 years ago
Quoted from ant68:

In the first photo who's the big guy with Jack !

That is Mike Daddona of Automated Services.

#58 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

Uploading to YouTube is real easy. Even I could do it
The Hobbit pinball DPO 2014: » YouTube video

Thanks for posting the video!

I love the look and layout of the game and will likely own one. I have a couple of questions for the group, though.

Do the slingshot axes seem to serve any purpose outside of swinging at and missing the ball when the sling is triggered?

Is the (somewhat annoying) nautical "ping" sound that hitting some of the targets produces significant from the movies?

#59 9 years ago

Dude, if you already knew about that usage of GOAT (as opposed to the intended use in this thread), then you owe it to yourself to watch the movie "Waiting" with Ryan Reynolds, Dane Cook, etc. They work at some restaurant and are constantly playing "the dick game" with shit like the bat wing, goat, etc. It is hysterical!

#60 9 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Dude, if you already knew about that usage of GOAT (as opposed to the intended use in this thread), then you owe it to yourself to watch the movie "Waiting" with Ryan Reynolds, Dane Cook, etc. They work at some restaurant and are constantly playing "the dick game" with shit like the bat wing, goat, etc. It is hysterical!

Well...actually I had no idea of that usage before today but I think I figured out what the person I was quoting meant. Greatest of all time? Not sure.

Regardless, I will check out the movie. Without the grand kids around, of course.

#61 9 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

Is the (somewhat annoying) nautical "ping" sound that hitting some of the targets produces significant from the movies?

That needs to go big time, the "ping" is bad but I like the look of the game will fit in nicely with my collection.

#62 9 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

Regardless, I will check out the movie. Without the grand kids around, of course.

Umm...definitely not around the grand kids. It is raunchy and sophomoric, but unlike most comedies I found it hilarious.

#63 9 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

Thanks for much for posting the video!
I love the look and layout of the game and will likely own one. I have a couple of questions for the group, though.
Do the slingshot axes seem to serve any purpose outside of swinging at and missing the ball when the sling is triggered?

This video is of the old prototype. Things have changed now and the top video is of the most recent prototype.

The axes on the slings will be smaller in the production version and they serve no purpose at all. Just cosmetics.

The ping will disappear, just very early code producing that.

#64 9 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

Thanks for much for posting the video!

The axes are connected to the top of the sling armature like the boogie-men on Scared Stiff slings. I think Jack said the final ones will be a bit smaller.

As for the sounds. Please remember this is original early code and that clip was done with the glass off. If you take the glass off any machine and play the sound is pretty whacked.

#65 9 years ago

I need to type faster

#66 9 years ago

Thanks for the info. Perhaps the only complaint I had on WOZ is the rainbow hit sound. I wasn't going to get bent out of shape from hobbit vids posted but it did catch my...ear?

#67 9 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

Thanks for the info. Perhaps the only complaint I had on WOZ is the rainbow hit sound. I wasn't going to get bent out of shape from hobbit vids posted but it did catch my...ear?

I think with music from 2 steps from hell and David Thiel the Hobbit will not cause any problems of being unpleasant for the ears

#68 9 years ago

Thanks for the pix and video

#69 9 years ago

Does anyone know what the 10 point switch target does in the bagend area? I asked Jack and he totally avoided the question. All he said was its a surprise. Im thinking it may be a target similar to what is on RBION.

#70 9 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

target similar to what is on RBION

you mean a varia target? That would be cool, but I don't think so. Also there is no cuts or holes for a switch there so not sure what it going to happen in that area.

#71 9 years ago

The shots still looked long and slow. No code can improve this...

I think I'm leaning towards selling my early spot and sitting on the sidelines for this one. Anyway, my buddy is buying one.

#72 9 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

I think I'm leaning towards selling my early spot and sitting on the sidelines for this one. Anyway, my buddy is buying one.

It seemed slow at first. But then Jack realized the flipper coils were set below factory default. Since you can adjust the strength of every coil in the game he knocked the flippers up a few and it seemed just fine.

#73 9 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

It seemed slow at first. But then Jack realized the flipper coils were set below factory default. Since you can adjust the strength of every coil in the game he knocked the flippers up a few and it seemed just fine.

Jack did not realize it I did. I did not want another Pinside shit storm about weak flippers so I told Jack to turn them up. There are long shots and short ones with the pop ups. Very cool mix.

#74 9 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Jack did not realize it I did. I did not want another Pinside shit storm about weak flippers so I told Jack to turn them up. There are long shots and short ones with the pop ups. Very cool mix.

These flippers can smash the shit out of the game - you buy it - you set it that way -

#75 9 years ago
Quoted from JerseyJack:

These flippers can smash the shit out of the game - you buy it - you set it that way -

Just a few clicks above factory setting works for me. No game smashing needed.

#76 9 years ago
Quoted from JerseyJack:

Only thing im really worried about is the upper flipper busting up the ramps and since it doesn't seem to serve much of a purpose, kids and hell anyone that doesn't own the game will try and force shots to the side of the ramps.

#77 9 years ago

I don't know what I'm missing - it just seems like a snooze fest to me...

#78 9 years ago
Quoted from BigOrange:

it just seems like a snooze fest to me...

Not sure how you can come to that conclusion based on 12 seconds of video

#79 9 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

The shots always looked 'long and slow' from the first design until now. I do not understand this argument, please explain.

Btw. I have played the prototype and yes the shots are long, but certainly not slow. It is not a super fast game, but what do you expect from a widebody with an open playfield layout?

#80 9 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

Only thing im really worried about is the upper flipper busting up the ramps and since it doesn't seem to serve much of a purpose, kids and hell anyone that doesn't own the game will try and force shots to the side of the ramps.

Yep, same here. I'm not sure if anyone else noticed that but I sure hope JJP took note of it and at least reinforced those sides... They did make a small curve in that left ramp but it doesn't appear to be enough to deflect the hit and certainly not enough to give the ball a smooth entry up the ramp.

The plastic gold pile beside that ramp and the "F" drop target is really exposed and looks like the first place i'd put a clear disc protector.

#81 9 years ago

Perhaps they should remove the third flipper all together?

#82 9 years ago

I believe the third flipper is going to be used for the kill shot on Smaug via the wind lance. Should make for tough, but fun shot. And don't forget the drop targets as part of the shot.

#83 9 years ago

Jack (or anybody else),
Is there a link, or a good thread spot, that shows the differences between the SE and LE (real pictures preferable, not photoshop). I'm looking for most recent with new playfield, new Bag End layout, latest Smaug pictures, etc.... Also, I think you were going to provide some additional pictures and details for the removable side art - has that been given anywhere?

Thanks.

Scott

#84 9 years ago
Quoted from toyboy6:

Jack (or anybody else),
Is there a link, or a good thread spot, that shows the differences between the SE and LE (real pictures preferable, not photoshop). I'm looking for most recent with new playfield, new Bag End layout, latest Smaug pictures, etc.... Also, I think you were going to provide some additional pictures and details for the removable side art - has that been given anywhere?
Thanks.
Scott

Pictures are coming. Photoshoot just happened.

#85 9 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Perhaps they should remove the third flipper all together?

Even if you are not supposed to shoot the ramp with the upper flipper (i don't know why they would design it so that you couldn't) people are still going to hit the sides, and over time... damaged ramp wall, leads to air balls, leads to damaged plastic and playfield, not to mention the loss in flow...

I've said it before, it's in the details.

I hope whoever is leading this ship has these problems covered in their Master Plan...otherwise I could see myself lowering the power on that upper right flipper (if you got to that then what is the point)...

#87 9 years ago
Quoted from jazc4:

I believe the third flipper is going to be used for the kill shot on Smaug via the wind lance. Should make for tough, but fun shot. And don't forget the drop targets as part of the shot.

Yeah that would be fun...just wish you could hit that ramp also (because that Smaug shot probably wont be used often) ...

#88 9 years ago
Quoted from JerseyJack:

LMAO!!! As only the Great Guarnieri could put it!

#89 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

LMAO!!! As only the Great Guarnieri could put it!

He's right LOL. Crank the flippers up on woz and you basically made a machine with a 5 ball elephant shot

#90 9 years ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

Yeah that would be fun...just wish you could hit that ramp also (because that Smaug shot probably wont be used often) ...

True, but on an earlier video a player at the expo made the ramp from the upper flipper. Hopefully they have made ramp adjustments/reinforcements for that trajectory. Keith may code in a ramp shot from the upper flipper, which would be cool too.

#91 9 years ago

When it comes to coding a pin...Keith is a Baaaaaaddddd Man!

Think Stephen A Smith talking bout Aaron Rogers.

#92 9 years ago
Quoted from JerseyJack:

NO
There is no room for that - it's a pinball machine

We need a professional MODer STAT!

Maybe strike up some kind of package deal with these guys where they just cast a bunch of wings or tails for it.

http://www.geenemodels.com/dragon-kit/

Closest to the right scale I could find, and already cast and in parts to put wherever would make the most sense.

Would be nice to get a peek at what the original tail diverter was going to look like.

smaugkitparts__01202.1408489476.1280.1280.jpgsmaugkitparts__01202.1408489476.1280.1280.jpg

PS. CaptainNavidad is awesome, and so are you SPFXTED, anyone else want a shout out?

#93 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

Think Stephen A Smith talking bout Aaron Rogers.

Blech...I don't want to think about Steven A talking about anyone.

#94 9 years ago
Quoted from jazc4:

True, but on an earlier video a player at the expo made the ramp from the upper flipper. Hopefully they have made ramp adjustments/reinforcements for that trajectory. Keith may code in a ramp shot from the upper flipper, which would be cool too.

Yes one lucky shot did make it up the left ramp, but after bouncing back and forth, it went left behind Smaug and not (right) through the barrels as it was designed

Code wont help the flow of that shot. Seriously, something has to be missing there...is that the surprise? I hope so because my money is riding on it.

#95 9 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Blech...I don't want to think about Steven A talking about anyone.

He is the most annoying sports commentator I know. I listen to ESPN Radio every day and switch when he comes on.

#96 9 years ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

Yes one lucky shot did make it up the left ramp, but after bouncing back and forth, it went left behind Smaug and not (right) through the barrels as it was designed

Code wont help the flow of that shot. Seriously, something has to be missing there...is that the surprise? I hope so because my money is riding on it.

Inquiries about the upper flipper does seem to be the single most commonly asked and unaddressed question at this point. Ordinarily I would say "wait and see how things shake out, they know better than you why that was included" but in this case we've already seen a flipper removed from this game. At one point there were 4 flippers and people asked what was there to shoot at from either of the upper ones. They cut one and decided to keep one of them, but I think in this case it is fair to question what are you supposed to do with it. Apparently the original designer miscalculated on the inclusion of the upper left flipper, it is not unreasonable to wonder if he did the same thing with the upper right one.

#97 9 years ago

Steven A cracks me up. And I love Skip Bayless and First Take.

#98 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

He is the most annoying sports commentator I know. I listen to ESPN Radio every day and switch when he comes on.

AMEN!

Hey, you mentioned that there was a photoshoot of the LE and SE recently. Will those photos be released in time for us to decide between LE vs SE? I'm still on the fence and not sure whether to change over or not.

Not sure if anyone has asked you this or not, but honestly which one do you like better all things considered? I've not seen them both in person to try and judge myself, so why not ask someone close to the project?

#99 9 years ago
Quoted from toyboy6:

Jack (or anybody else),
Thanks.
Scott

Here's a link to the only marketing info released so far, which covers all of the differences between the different versions. As Pinchroma said, pictures coming soon.

http://wwwnew.jerseyjackpinball.com/wp-content/themes/responsive-child/brochures/JJP_Hobbit_Flyer_SE.pdf

#100 9 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

AMEN!
Hey, you mentioned that there was a photoshoot of the LE and SE recently. Will those photos be released in time for us to decide between LE vs SE? I'm still on the fence and not sure whether to change over or not.
Not sure if anyone has asked you this or not, but honestly which one do you like better all things considered? I've not seen them both in person to try and judge myself, so why not ask someone close to the project?

I can't honestly say which one I like better. That really is personal preference. I know my machine is going to be a completely custom color when I get my hands on it LOL. I do like the LE sides simply because they are different on each side and thats my personal opinion. I don't know when the photos will come out though but we posted pics of the photo shoot underway today on facebook.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 25.50
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

There are 153 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-hobbit-pics-or-vids-from-automated-to-be-had/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.