(Topic ID: 112412)

Any Hobbit pics or vids from Automated to be had?

By Soltic

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 153 posts
  • 58 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by HighNoon
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 20 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

57310046.jpg
PLD.jpg
tumblr_ldc2yatq3K1qzada4.gif
smaugkitparts__01202.1408489476.1280.1280.jpg
IMAG1304.jpg
331860-i.jpg
IMG_20141213_165924_764.jpg
IMG_20141213_141403_841.jpg
IMG_20141213_141409_012.jpg
1213141439.jpg
1213141430.jpg
1213141423.jpg
1213141420.jpg
image-393.jpg
image.jpg
10846111_896377933714137_840678468650296583_n.jpg

There are 153 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 5 years ago

Automated Services was today I think, anybody can share new pics of new smaug etc?

Rod

#2 5 years ago

LTG : )

10299113_896371833714747_7904902934166862164_n.jpg 10850293_896380010380596_4559405547320458852_n.jpg 1549293_896378233714107_9038370314374420201_n.jpg
#3 5 years ago

10858443_896377907047473_5742864088122561486_n.jpg
#4 5 years ago

10846111_896377933714137_840678468650296583_n.jpg
#5 5 years ago

Where is Smaugs body? Was that scrapped? Jack said it was coming after expo.

#6 5 years ago

Where are Smaug's teeth?

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from pindome:

Where are Smaug's teeth?

In his mouth...which is closed.

#8 5 years ago

Ok - lets see a smiling Smaug shot

#9 5 years ago

I got a couple

image.jpg image-393.jpg
#10 5 years ago

Good looking machine.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

Where is Smaugs body? Was that scrapped? Jack said it was coming after expo.

There was no body - there will be lots of teeth!!

#12 5 years ago

With or without smaug body I think this game looks so much better than first pics. PF differences are huge and I love the look. Same with Smaug much improved IMO. Not a fan of the monitor/book just not my cup of tea. FT style ramp ++ independent drops +++ bash toys ++ need to play one to see true fun factor but I think this thing is looking really sharp.

Thank you Lloyd and nightstick for sharing recent pics.

#13 5 years ago

A few more photos

1213141420.jpg 1213141423.jpg 1213141430.jpg 1213141439.jpg
#14 5 years ago
Quoted from JerseyJack:

There was no body - there will be lots of teeth!!

Jack will there be a tail or any body coming or just the head? Either way the updated pin looks great!

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Jack will there be a tail or any body coming or just the head? Either way the updated pin looks great!

That is where I was going with this, I would like a definitive answer to this.

#16 5 years ago

I should point out that the pictures I posted were from Jen/JJP Facebook page.

Thank Jen for making them available.

#17 5 years ago

Did anyone take any video?

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

NO

There is no room for that - it's a pinball machine

#19 5 years ago

I'm bummed I didn't have time to drive down there today. Would have been cool to see it in person.

#20 5 years ago

Thanks for clarifying and still very excited about the pin!!

#21 5 years ago

how does the ball get to that left most wireform?

#22 5 years ago

Ramp + diverter and left vuk.

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from JerseyJack:

Oh come now, you can't squeeze a dragon into a pinball machine?

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Oh come now, you can't squeeze a dragon into a pinball machine?

I dont think anyone was asking for a full body, it could have just been a couple molded pieces that look like the body is laying there instead of the magical talking decapitated head sitting on a gold pile.

#25 5 years ago

Is the led with thick white frame on the playfield in its final form/look?

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from JerseyJack:

NO

Ok. That makes sense.

So... I can shoot Smaug and he eats balls, considering this is a pinball machine?

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from oopsallberrys:

how does the ball get to that left most wireform?

Very cool double under PF subway system.

IMG_20141213_141409_012.jpg IMG_20141213_141403_841.jpg
#28 5 years ago

Good times!

IMG_20141213_165924_764.jpg
#29 5 years ago

Game is rounding into shape nicely. Minor point, but instead of the Stern-like pop bumper cap on the left pop, how bout another Barrel, like the other pop caps. Looks like there's room.

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Ramp + diverter and left vuk.

That seems to feed the wireform next to the one I am questioning.

Is there something missing or am I just not seeing the diverter to this wireform that feeds the outlane?

331860-i.jpg

#31 5 years ago

It is not in the game yet. It will be there!

#32 5 years ago

I want one.

#33 5 years ago

Seeing and playing TH yesterday was AWESOME!!! There is so much going on in there and it's so much fun just trying to keep up. It plays like a beast and is built like a tank! Jack took us on an under the hood tour letting me lower the PF back down. That thing was heavy! Really built solid. Love their PF tilt and raise system too. It gives access to the front and back at the same time. The side art is beautiful with thick glossy graphics. This was the Smaug LE and they did a great job of making him look mean and ferocious! The PF is absolutely gorgeous. The art work was impeccable.

I honestly believe this may go down as the GOAT for a pin, it's that amazing. I loved the SS laser cut and LED back lit ramps. The wire forms were all nicely powdered to match the hardware on the machine and it compliments the game really well. The mini PF LCD screen is crystal clear and bright while the big LCD display graphics were bright, clear and gorgeous. And how can you beat drop down targets with stationaries behind them? Plus, this is a real shooters game because on top of having to pick of the PF pop up characters, the targets themselves have a mode where they go up and down you try to hit those too.

The game is very intense and was well received. Everyone had a ball playing it and a few others said they thought it was the best pin of all time too.

Congrats to team JJP on another incredible piece of pinball greatness!

#34 5 years ago

Did anyone take a gameplay video?

#35 5 years ago

Looks absolutely incredible. Still seems like it needs more GI. Center Playfield is dark.

#36 5 years ago

I've kind if missed this out in these threads since I'm not interested in the theme. What's under the hatches? Just access to the subways or are there bash toys...... I.E. MM

Looking at the underplay field pics they seem to be a bash toy since the mechs are so large.

Thanks for the photos and comments of those that attended.

Chris

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

What's under the hatches? Just access to the subways or are there bash toys...... I.E. MM

Similar to MM, except you can hit them front and back.

#38 5 years ago

I was at Automated playing and taking pics for three hours. It is not dark. The game is very open and easy to see where the ball was.

The diverter to the outlane is a small metal triangle.

Smaug does not interact with the ball. Jack said that was not allowed by the license. The head turns and jaw moves as he talks.

All drop targets in all 3 target banks are independent bi-directional. There was a multi-ball mode where the targets were going up and down that was pretty exciting.

Even the sample code installed had awesome looking graphics and Jack said those are far from done.

Played great. The only thing I thought was strange was the upper right flipper had no dedicated shot. Every shot is doable from the lower flippers.

The etched ramps with color changer were great for knowing what to do like "lock" turning green on the right entrance. But between the inserts and LCD there are a couple of was of knowing the status and progress.

The playfield pop-up character are an improvement of the MM trolls. Orc, Spider, Warg, Goblin registered hit from many different angles not just hard face hits.

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Similar to MM, except you can hit them front and back.

Ok. But can the game determine whether they have been hit from front or back?

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from Zebulon-74:

But can the game determine whether they have been hit from front or back?

Yes.

#41 5 years ago

Oh, that's cool.

#43 5 years ago

Thats cool! Another dimension for Keith to work with...

#44 5 years ago

23 pics on my website

http://pinbald.com/65801.html

The difference between pic 21 and 22 is Smaug's head is turned.

Sorry, my website automatically reduces the size. For example the Smaug head pic went from 1.4MB to 133K. When I get time I will go through and edit some better ones to post. And a 12 second video of gameplay with glass off so you can see and hear.

#45 5 years ago

This will be very different in production

IMAG1304.jpg
#46 5 years ago

Great job sharing this with us! Appreciate it!

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

The only thing I thought was strange was the upper right flipper had no dedicated shot.

I'm absolutely convinced that in order to kill the dragon, you're going to have one shot like with the TOTO shot in WOZ. You'll fire the windlance with the fire button, it'll shoot the ball up to the upper right flipper, and you'll have one shot at the hole behind the targets and beneath Smaug. BLAMMO!!!

Unfortunately, we have to wait for the DVD to come out for WB to release the footage from the third film of Smaug getting aced. Wonder what they'll put there instead in the meantime...

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm absolutely convinced that in order to kill the dragon, you're going to have one shot like with the TOTO shot in WOZ. You'll fire the windlance with the fire button, it'll shoot the ball up to the upper right flipper, and you'll have one shot at the hole behind the targets and beneath Smaug. BLAMMO!!!

Unfortunately, we have to wait for the DVD to come out for WB to release the footage from the third film of Smaug getting aced. Wonder what they'll put there instead in the meantime...

The way it's currently set up, that is the only way I see it happening also. I would assume you would hold the fire button until you built up just the right amount of power to launch the ball to the upper right flipper.... assuming the trajectory from the fixed guide will allow this (didn't see this in the videos but the power may have been set low...)

#49 5 years ago

As the OP I have to apologize for not thanking everyone sooner for the pics and updates!

Wish we could have had our local dist get Jack up here for some prototype fun - it's shaping up so much better than what was shown @ expo.

W/ money tied up in TBL and that going down, it's been very distracting to say the least...

-Rod

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

23 pics on my website
http://pinbald.com/65801.html
The difference between pic 21 and 22 is Smaug's head is turned.
Sorry, my website automatically reduces the size. For example the Smaug head pic went from 1.4MB to 133K. When I get time I will go through and edit some better ones to post. And a 12 second video of gameplay with glass off so you can see and hear.

Could you please post the video. You will have the premiere no videos showed up yet

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Flagstaff, AZ
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 27.50
$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Minnetrista, MN
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
There are 153 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside