(Topic ID: 302648)

Any Heating Guys Here (Burnham Gas Boiler Issue)

By Playdium

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by bluespin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

Need some help troubleshooting

#2 2 years ago

Is problem on water side or burner side ?

#3 2 years ago

Burner. Changed out the thermal coupler due to the pilot not staying lit. However, same problem exists after swap. Should I see constant 24 volts at the gas valve? Not seeing any voltage there at all.

#4 2 years ago

Make sure the pilot burner is clean and has a good Large flame on the thermal couple.
    If you can't get the pilot to stay lit with a new t couple and strong pilot flame it's probably a bad has valve.
    I assume this is an older boiler and all rollout and safety switches are ok.

#5 2 years ago

Got it lit. I tapped lightly on the gas valve with the wooden handle of a hammer around the electrical connections. Held pilot button down and now stays lit. Yes, it's a 38 year old Burnham that I am looking into replacing before the winter arrives.
    Thanks for your reply.

#6 2 years ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

Burner. Changed out the thermal coupler due to the pilot not staying lit. However, same problem exists after swap. Should I see constant 24 volts at the gas valve? Not seeing any voltage there at all.

Thermo couples put out milivolts when the flame is on them. It could either be a bum new thermo couple or the gas valve.

#7 2 years ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

Got it lit. I tapped lightly on the gas valve with the wooden handle of a hammer around the electrical connections. Held pilot button down and now stays lit. Yes, it's a 38 year old Burnham that I am looking into replacing before the winter arrives.
    Thanks for your reply.

Tapping on it sounds like the solenoid is sticking. I’d replace it. Or keep a small mallet handy every time you want Heat!
    How old is the gas valve?

#8 2 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Tapping on it sounds like the solenoid is sticking. I’d replace it. Or keep a small mallet handy every time you want Heat!
    How old is the gas valve?

38 years, it's the original.

#9 2 years ago

If you can fix pinball machine you can fix most stuff.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-heating-guys-here-burnham-gas-boiler-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.