Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by WJxxxx
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

I realised today that after every drained ball, I pull my phone out of my right hand pocket, check the main display, ignore any notifications and then put my phone back in my pocket just in time to be ready for the next ball. EVERY time! I don't know why, but does anyone else have a post drained ball ritual you didn't even realise you had?

#2 8 years ago

I curse and take a hit off my beer.

#3 8 years ago

I say "Sonofa" and look around the room before I finish the statement.

#4 8 years ago

I actually noticed the other day at the arcade, after a bad ball I would literally laugh at myself and say a few curse words under my breath. The weird part is I realized I'm smiling during all of this, because I'm still having fun even when frustrated.

The real realization however, is that I probably look like a damn crazy person to all the other people in the arcade.

#5 8 years ago
    Quoted from floyd1977:

just thought this very things as I launched the thread.

#6 8 years ago

I usually smack the flipper buttons a couple of extra times.

You know, just to make sure the that flippers are actually working properly

#7 8 years ago

After every drain, no.

But occasionally during a SDTM save attempt, I'll coordinate a one-legged half step/jump backwards while the other leg kicks up.
    ... to no avail.

It should be enough to keep me out of tournaments for quite a while.

#8 8 years ago
    Quoted from floyd1977:

Quoted from Duff:

just thought this very things as I launched the thread.

You both beat me to it. Also, wonderful comment / username synergy, Duff!

#9 8 years ago

On certain games with gobble holes, a drain leads to a fistpump and a "YES!"

#10 8 years ago

Twin birds to the backglass.

#12 8 years ago

I almost always lightly slap the lockdown bar and the pretend to kick the coin box. Then I grab my beer.

#13 8 years ago

After a sdtm drain I sheepishly check over my shoulder to see if anybody around witnessed such ugliness.

#14 8 years ago

Hmm... Depends on the situation I guess. If I had a good ball, I don't really do much. If my ball was really short, I probably just whisper "Darn it!" to myself or something. If I lose my last ball really close to the high score or a wizard mode or something, I sometimes grab my head and collapse on the floor... That last one's only at home, of course!

#15 8 years ago

After every ball drain - no. But sometimes at game over that Fonzie finger snap to make it match...

#16 8 years ago

If it was a good ball, then I clap my hands hard once. It really helps getting the "anger" out. It is usually followed up by curse words with grinding teeth.

Axl

#17 8 years ago

normally a scratch of the Head.....

#18 8 years ago
    Quoted from bartron:

normally a scratch of the Head.....

Or a slap to your own face

#19 8 years ago

Double palm slap on the lock down bar.

#20 8 years ago

depending on situation
    these come from my wifes observations :
    trow head back/upward and sigh or moan,
    hang head down and shake no,
    bang on the flipperbutton while making a weird jump kicking my legs like some gay soccer move,
    bend trough knees grabbing head wile screammumbeling weird stuf
    and combinations of those

#21 8 years ago

sorry forgot cursing!

#22 8 years ago

Ok, it's fair to say I have done all of those things in this thread, on varying occasions. What it has inspired me to do is to install a drinks holder for my ale! Cheers! Literally.

#23 8 years ago
    Quoted from gwynners:

Ok, it's fair to say I have done all of those things in this thread, on varying occasions.

Wasn't that time you made the perfect putt and sunk that ball in the gobble hole a most rewarding feeling?

#24 8 years ago

In a bar - curse softly and reach for my beer.

At home - curse loudly and reach for my cup of tea or coffee.

At a show and after a good ball - curse and throw my arms back in frustration, often hitting another person's shoulder nearby.

#25 8 years ago

I fake a kick to the underside of the cabinet. My machines are not impressed and continue to mock me!

#26 8 years ago

I push hard off the lockdown bar into a two foot high spinning jump in the air and land running six steps to the south west then slowly walk back with three shakes of the head to stand back in position with my hands on my hips.

#27 8 years ago

A few chimp flips in useless frustration............................
    Doesn't help, but it's what I do.

#28 8 years ago

Crying, lots of crying.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-habits-after-every-drained-ball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.