Topic Stats

• 117 posts
  • 70 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by dito
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png
sw (resized).jpg
20161219_181959 (resized).jpg
images (resized).jpg
9ac6782af206ea8514d5b857e325e30f (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

There are 117 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 2 years ago

That's why it's a one machine game based only on that movie. Wizard mode, escape with the plans "A New Hope".

#52 2 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

That's why it's a one machine game based only on that movie. Wizard mode, escape with the plans "A New Hope".

Agreed. Great for putting a dollar in on route but would there be enough to it for home buyers to stay enthused?

#53 2 years ago

I heard it was going to be themed after Hardware Wars.

hqdefault (resized).jpg

9ac6782af206ea8514d5b857e325e30f (resized).jpg

#54 2 years ago

It would be a lot of fun to play through modes based off of scenes from the films. If the pin is based off of all 7 numbered films having 3 modes for each film would be a lot of fun in my opinion. The 3rd mode for each film could be a multiball mode about that films main scene.

However, I wonder how much effort code wise will go into Star Wars? I don't see Stern doing something like I described above. Hopefully the code isn't filled with generic type modes (ex, droid battle: hit lit shots to defeat droids) but is rather a quest based ruleset with modes based off of popular scenes from each film.

#55 2 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

My 2 cents... Saw Rogue One movie. WARNING SPOILER: Great action movie but the only thing that happens is specs of the death star are scuttled away from Emperial reach. ...and then everyone dies at the end. Why make a Rogue One pin that's based on a bunch of characters that are never to be seen again in the SW universe? Seems like it would be tough. The whole movie was such a brief glimpse in the SW universe/story.
Anyway, great "filler" movie for the SW story, but nothing new to further the SW storyline. Definetly worth seeing but not one you'd see multiple times because of any sort of complex plot intrigue. Meh on a pin based soley on the Rogue One movie.

Well they kindof have to die, the movie leads right up to the beginning of the first movie. I thought that was pretty cool BTW and the chick playing Lea looked a lot better than the original.

#56 2 years ago

The chick playing Leia was a computer.

#57 2 years ago
Quoted from mattbot:

Lea was a little pudgy. This "computer chic was not.

#58 2 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

How about a Haden Christensen bash toy in the center? Might be fun to punish him for overacting in EII and EIII

images (resized).jpg
"If you're not with me, then you're my enemy you poopypants!" - Anakin Skywalker

#59 2 years ago
Quoted from mattbot:

No it wasn't, her name is Ingvild Deila

#60 2 years ago

The Pro and Premium will include peeling decals and ghosting inserts at no additional charge.

These will be an upgrade on the LE and SLE.

#61 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's the fact that almost nobody here is anywhere near as funny as they think they are that makes it so dreary.

Oh, come on!....I come close!

#62 2 years ago

come on, this is just for the fun of "what if"

#63 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I heard it was going to be themed after Hardware Wars.

Lol. I remember pulling the old film reel and watching this on a projector screen at the public library when I was kid. Timeless parody.

#64 2 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

I say Aerosmith is a cover up for the new Star Wars Rogue One machine.

Except for the game is pictured in Dirty Donny book with his artwork on cabinet and backglass.

LTG : )
Edited because of early in the day stupidity.

#65 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Except for the game is pictured in Rob Zombie's book with his artwork on cabinet and backglass.

I think you mean Dirty Donny there.

#66 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I think you mean Dirty Donny there.

I think you are right. I'm worth crap early in my day. And thank you !

#67 2 years ago

The word is that the new SW pin will be based on the original trilogy movies. It's supposed to have a big, magnet-driven Supercharger type mech (similar to Getaway) spanning the length of the playfield.

#68 2 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

It's supposed to have a big, magnet-driven Supercharger type mech (similar to Getaway) spanning the length of the playfield.

So in other words a retheme of Nascar?

#69 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's not just the endless repetition of the same banal complaints. It's the fact that almost nobody here is anywhere near as funny as they think they are that makes it so dreary.

You're almost @ 4 years on Pinside...that's when this really starts to wear on you.

#70 2 years ago

I heard Stern was doing a reboot of the DE Star Wars, only with ChadH's code so it is actually playable.

Seriously though, it is awesome that Stern officially posted that code on their site to make up for the poor original rules/scoring.

#71 2 years ago
Quoted from ita47:

No it wasn't, her name is Ingvild Deila

Well, her body, but her face was cgi!

#72 2 years ago

Y'all are missing out. My daughter got me an LE for my birthday.

20161219_181959 (resized).jpg

#73 2 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Y'all are missing out. My daughter got me an LE for my birthday.

OMG JJ Abrams & Stern have no goddamn inovation for chirsts sake...same damn layout & rules as the last one for way more monies!!!

sw (resized).jpg

#74 2 years ago

The big question is does Stern pony up the bucks and gets the rights to use the characters original voice lines or do they use the announcer guy from TWD? "Lets go get us some droids".

#75 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The big question is does Stern pony up the bucks and gets the rights to use the characters original voice lines or do they use the announcer guy from TWD? "Lets go get us some droids".

Yeah, that would suck, hitting start prompts the callout "These aren't the voice actors you're looking for".

#76 2 years ago

It would be nice to see a machine based on the sequel trilogy but we only have The Force Awakens. Might as well wait for the other movies to come out. (Which could be a long time from now)

#77 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Too bad actors don't see getting included in a pinball as something cool that they'd do on the cheap. I'm sure they all ask way too much for the work to be feasible.

#78 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Too bad actors don't see getting included in a pinball as something cool that they'd do on the cheap.

Clint Eastwood in Dirty Harry sounds board. He may not have liked going to Chicago and standing in a recording booth.

I'd rather have actors or actresses that are enthusiastic about their work filling in. Unless you are using audio from the show or series.

#79 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Clint Eastwood in Dirty Harry sounds board. He may not have liked going to Chicago and standing in a recording booth.

As the story goes they got a voice actor to record those lines and he nailed it, which the company or Clint was not to fond of; so he was pulled in to do them.

So they sound Lazy...luckily DH sounds lazy so it works perfectly.

#80 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Too bad actors don't see getting included in a pinball as something cool that they'd do on the cheap. I'm sure they all ask way too much for the work to be feasible.

When Stern and JJP are at 8K-15K, actors should, rightfully, be asking for the moon.

#81 2 years ago

I think Dirty Harry has some of the best voice work on any DMD machine. It's awesome that it is actually Clint.

Would Harrison Ford even be involved in something like this if he wouldn't even allow his face on IJ?

Do you feel lucky?

#82 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I think Dirty Harry has some of the best voice work on any DMD machine.

"ICE-T" on JM is quite well done too. I wholeheartedly thought it was him at first.

#83 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Would Harrison Ford even be involved in something like this if he wouldn't even allow his face on IJ?

Sure looks like Harrison Ford to me.

#84 2 years ago

Looks can be deceiving. He wouldn't do it so they got a stand in. Might as well be that hillbilly that's going to be doing the voice work on this machine. lol.

#85 2 years ago

I hear it's gonna be released under their new boutique brand Sternkywey-B. It will be a simpler pin, but with a thick coat of clear. Prices will probably go up some. Pinsiders with deep pockets will love it and exalt it's virtues. Value guys will continue scratching their heads while being thankful they bought most of the pins they really wanted way back when.

#86 2 years ago

The biggest rumors I've heard about this pin:

1. Steve and Eugene are teaming up again,
2. the game will feature the latest in DMD technology, and
3. because of its affiliation with LucasFilm, the pin has been kept so secret that not even Steve is allowed to see it. He is being forced to work blindfolded

#87 2 years ago

Modders are already buying gawky Star Wars toys from Amazon and adding blinky-blink leds to them. That way 30 seconds after the playfield is reveled they can go "Hey look what I made, it will fit perfect right there, $100 shipped" bleh!

#88 2 years ago
Quoted from FlipperMagician:

"Hey look what I made, it will fit perfect right there, $100 shipped"

Never understood the dollhouse modding some people are into.

#89 2 years ago
Quoted from dri:

Never understood the dollhouse modding some people are into.

When most of these people grew up it was wrong for men to play with dollhouses...but now it's juuuust fine.

#90 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

When most of these people grew up it was wrong for men to play with dollhouses...but now it's juuuust fine.

pasted_image (resized).png

1 month later
#91 2 years ago

40 years since first movie.
How many SLE will Stern make? 80 for Batman....surely they couldn't resist making less than that?

#92 2 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

How many SLE will Stern make?

None. I think that was for the Kapow game alone.

#93 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

None. I think that was for the Kapow game alone.

How many LEs then? Star Trek was the most with 799?

2 weeks later
#94 2 years ago

Wierd that I haven't seen a billion speculation threads on fire like with Ghostbusters. By now in development for GB, whitewood leaks and even freaking CAD drawings were out in the community at this point before the release of the pin.

Does this mean there isn't as much hype around a potentially imminent new Star Wars pin, or Stern just plugged the leak?

#95 2 years ago
Quoted from visi0n:

Wierd that I haven't seen a billion speculation threads on fire like with Ghostbusters. By now in development for GB, whitewood leaks and even freaking CAD drawings were out in the community at this point before the release of the pin.
Does this mean there isn't as much hype around a potentially imminent new Star Wars pin, or Stern just plugged the leak?

Its common knowledge that Star Wars is being done by Steve Ritchie and will be an expo game. I believe its still a work in progress.

#96 2 years ago

Hmm... if we're lucky it will be based on the holiday special? Call outs all in Wookie, Bea Arthur doing the cantina soundtrack, and softcore interactive video mode based on that thing they gave the grandpa?

#97 2 years ago
Quoted from Triggerfish:

if we're lucky it will be based on the holiday special?

#98 2 years ago

I hear Han returned fire.

#99 2 years ago

I still think there is a chance they reveal the game at San Digo Comicon. If they really want to try to get non pinheads intrested, ts the perfect venue.

#100 2 years ago

I always suspected TPF, instead of Expo. I guess it is too soon on the heals of Aerosmith. ah well more time to save up and play other cool pins.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Boards
PCB Emporium
There are 117 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside