Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
sw (resized).jpg
20161219_181959 (resized).jpg
images (resized).jpg
9ac6782af206ea8514d5b857e325e30f (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg
There are 117 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 7 years ago

Given that SR have been quiet for a while and it's the 40th anniversary of Star Wars next year. What can we expect?

Star Wars Vault Edition (Data East)
Rogue One
New Trilogy (in between first and second?!)
Something else?

Fire away, outright lies or facts, who carers, this is the Internet!

#2 7 years ago

Steve Ritchie's greatest pin. Lyman Sheats programming. LCD. Star Wars : Forces of Destiny.

LTG : )

#3 7 years ago

Neon Light Saber ala CV.

#4 7 years ago

It will have a ramp on the left and a ramp on the right.

#5 7 years ago

People will bitch about the price, then it will sell out before anyone sees gameplay.

#6 7 years ago

rouge one, there won't be a sequel!

#7 7 years ago

I hear LED's are a $500 option...

#8 7 years ago

More Jar Jar!

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

I hear LED's are a $500 option...

And the word star wars mispelt on the PF

#10 7 years ago

You can expect a price increase, buggy code, ghosted playfields and at least one spelling error.

#11 7 years ago

I'm officially renaming Rogue One to Star Wars 3.95. Fantastic film, highly recomend! I was born in 71, nothing will ever compare to original trilogy, but this comes close. Looking forward to the next SW Steve creation for my basement.

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

You can expect a price increase, buggy code, ghosted playfields and at least one spelling error.

This is probably the closest thing to reality.

#13 7 years ago

Rumor has it the playfields are already ghosting.

#14 7 years ago

I'd like a game where I get to blast the shit out of Jar Jar and the Ewoks.

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Steve Ritchie's greatest pin. Lyman Sheats programming. LCD. Star Wars : Forces of Destiny.
LTG : )

Gah! That will be another year then?!

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from dri:

Gah! That will be another year then?!

-Yes not 2017

#17 7 years ago

I thought Steve was working on My Little Pony ...

#18 7 years ago

It's BS, just because of the Star Wars theme and license the price increase will be rediculous and I will not buy NIB.

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Rumor has it the playfields are already Force ghosting.

FTFY

#20 7 years ago

I really hope it isn't based on Rogue One. If it is, I'm out.

#21 7 years ago

Darth Vader super duper Le 25k

#22 7 years ago

How about a Haden Christensen bash toy in the center? Might be fun to punish him for overacting in EII and EIII

#23 7 years ago

Saw on another thread that Lyman won't be programming SW cause he and SR had a falling out? If SW is a Lonnie Ropp "shoot this shot 12 times" wood-chopping fest, ugh...

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from Jnewton:

Saw on another thread that Lyman won't be programming SW cause he and SR had a falling out? If SW is a Lonnie Ropp "shoot this shot 12 times" wood-chopping fest, ugh...

Why would they have a falling out?

#25 7 years ago

I heard that in the end a Death Star is a really dumb idea and then the empire agrees.

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Why would they have a falling out?

Because they're human? things happen when you work alongside someone for a long time. Hopefully if they had a spat, it will be forgiven soon enough.

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

Darth Vader super duper Le 25k

Then there'll be the $30K George Lucas LE where he changes everything that people liked about the original design.

#28 7 years ago

Despite this game being a Steve/Dwight combo, I'm really not that excited for it. I think ive lost my luster as a Star Wars fan which could be a reason for it. Ep 1-3 were terrible and the new one, while better than those 3 episodes, was still pretty bad. Here's to hoping the new rogue one is good and that Steve/Dwight can nail this one out of the park!

#29 7 years ago

Stern fix is in on ghosting....Star Wars will have zero inserts!

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from Jnewton:

Saw on another thread that Lyman won't be programming SW cause he and SR had a falling out?

Was that confirmed? All I saw was the speculation and innuendo but no one came out and said it (now I can't find the thread to see if it was said later...).

#31 7 years ago

The new game better have Darth Vader call outs, that would be awesome.

#32 7 years ago

5 flips - two pf - Disney ears hidden in the art work - no pro.

#33 7 years ago

Could it be that the new machine will be based on Rogue One? Seems reasonable for this title and then another when the new trilogy is complete in what, 2019.

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Despite this game being a Steve/Dwight combo, I'm really not that excited for it. I think ive lost my luster as a Star Wars fan which could be a reason for it. Ep 1-3 were terrible and the new one, while better than those 3 episodes, was still pretty bad. Here's to hoping the new rogue one is good and that Steve/Dwight can nail this one out of the park!

Tend to agree with your long time fan losing luster comment.
I even was going to wait and stream Rogue One thinking "meh who cares" but a friend pulled me in...now I'm drinking blue milk again. pleasantly entertained!

Damn you Disney and Stern, you just won't stop until every last vein is tapped from this franchise!

#35 7 years ago

So is this really what it's come to?

Every single stern thread is gonna be nothing but bitching, lame jokes, and hyperbolic price predictions?

Honestly, I don't really expect much from pinside. But surely we have more to offer?

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

But surely we have more to offer

That probably depends on when quality issues are sorted out and prices are more on par with what's provided in the game.

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

That probably depends on when quality issues are sorted out and prices are more on par with what's provided in the game.

Yeah probably.

Or maybe when the hundreds of johnny come latelys get bored and move onto something else to whine endlessly about.

It's not just the endless repetition of the same banal complaints. It's the fact that almost nobody here is anywhere near as funny as they think they are that makes it so dreary.

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah probably.
Or maybe when the hundreds of johnny come latelys get bored and move onto something else to whine endlessly about.
It's not just the endless repetition of the same banal complaints. It's the fact that almost nobody here is anywhere near as funny as they think they are that makes it so dreary.

Guilty...but at least I entertain myself, which is one of the reasons why I am on Pinside.

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Rogue one is 100x better than that JJ Abrams crap.

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from Jnewton:

If SW is a Lonnie Ropp "shoot this shot 12 times" wood-chopping fest, ugh..

That leaves a "more than meets the eye" taste in your mouth

I've got my vote on a SW 40th anniversary celebrating the original trilogy.

#41 7 years ago

I say Aerosmith is a cover up for the new Star Wars Rogue One machine. What an awesome movie, it deserves it own pinball machine and it COULD be epic.

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I say Aerosmith is a cover up for the new Star Wars Rogue One machine.

Aerosmith is the perfect code name. "Janie's got a gun" is the perfect "Jyn's got a blaster" metaphor, right?

#43 7 years ago

Jar Jar bash toy!!

#44 7 years ago

SW rumors start after CES

#45 7 years ago

10 Ramps. 2 mini playfields, 3 shaker motors, 2 full sized light sabers on either side of the game. Death Star that explodes into pieces and bangs into glass.
Stern will be introducing their new PDI glass on the game called Stern Glass.
UltraCeramic Playfield = wear a thing of the past
Oh and Stern hired JPop to do the game. They want him to build on his success from the Episode 1 game.

#46 7 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

10 Ramps. 2 mini playfields, 3 shaker motors, 2 full sized light sabers on either side of the game. Death Star that explodes into pieces and bangs into glass.
Stern will be introducing their new PDI glass on the game called Stern Glass.
UltraCeramic Playfield = wear a thing of the past
Oh and Stern hired JPop to do the game. They want him to build on his success from the Episode 1 game.

Lol! Nice. Now we are all hyped up only to be let down when Stern shows the game having a large Death Star toy that at first looks very interactive but then only contains a large Darth Vader head to bash when it opens, haha.

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Rogue one is 100x better than that JJ Abrams crap.

100% agree. Rogue One is right up there with the original 3 in greatness. Also, it was gritty and dark just like you would expect a war to be. Not loaded down with sillyness. That last attempt (episode 7) was a turd and the franchise almost lost me until now.

#48 7 years ago

I'm guessing I'm in the minority of not liking this movie.

#49 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I'm guessing I'm in the minority of not liking this movie.

I’M ONE WITH THE FORCE AND THE FORCE IS WITH ME.I’M ONE WITH THE FORCE AND THE FORCE IS WITH ME.I’M ONE WITH THE FORCE AND THE FORCE IS WITH ME.I’M ONE WITH THE FORCE AND THE FORCE IS WITH ME.I’M ONE WITH THE FORCE AND THE FORCE IS WITH ME.I’M ONE WITH THE FORCE AND THE FORCE IS WITH ME.I’M ONE WITH THE FORCE AND THE FORCE IS WITH ME.I’M ONE WITH THE FORCE AND THE FORCE IS WITH ME.I’M ONE WITH THE FORCE AND THE FORCE IS WITH ME.I’M ONE WITH THE FORCE AND THE FORCE IS WITH MEI’M ONE WITH THE FORCE AND THE FORCE IS WITH ME.I’M ONE WITH THE FORCE AND THE FORCE IS WITH ME

#50 7 years ago

My 2 cents... Saw Rogue One movie. WARNING SPOILER: Great action movie but the only thing that happens is specs of the death star are scuttled away from Emperial reach. ...and then everyone dies at the end. Why make a Rogue One pin that's based on a bunch of characters that are never to be seen again in the SW universe? Seems like it would be tough. The whole movie was such a brief glimpse in the SW universe/story.

Anyway, great "filler" movie for the SW story, but nothing new to further the SW storyline. Definetly worth seeing but not one you'd see multiple times because of any sort of complex plot intrigue. Meh on a pin based soley on the Rogue One movie.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.95
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 17.50
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 21.50
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 117 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-good-stern-star-wars-rumors/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.