Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Aurich
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

If I wanted to buy a game from someone local and not play the sales tax dodge game anyone have a recommendation? And not one of these shops aimed at marks trying to move Pros for $7k?

#2 10 years ago

Pinball Refinery

#3 10 years ago
    Quoted from moto_cat:

Pinball Refinery

Totally forgot about them since I tend to think of them as customizers, not 'normal' dealers.

#4 10 years ago

http://www.betson.com/about/branch_offices.php?id=9

Be sure to let us all know what they currently have set up in their showroom.

#5 10 years ago
    Quoted from phishrace:

http://www.betson.com/about/branch_offices.php?id=9
    Be sure to let us all know what they currently have set up in their showroom.

They don't even have Star Trek on their website, not exactly encouraging.

#6 10 years ago
    #7 10 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

They don't even have Star Trek on their website, not exactly encouraging.

I know of at least three ST pros that were sold from the bay area office. Give the socal office a call and ask for whomever is in charge of pinball sales. If you're truly interested, before they give you a price, you'll want to make clear that you are an experienced home buyer and that you will do your own setup/ repairs. Meaning they don't need to unbox the game and check it for you before you pick it up, like they prefer to do.

Their price will be higher than elsewhere, but they've been in business forever and you don't really have many choices in socal.

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from phishrace:

Their price will be higher than elsewhere, but they've been in business forever and you don't really have many choices in socal.

I don't mind paying sales tax, but definitely not interested in anything other than a competitive quote. I guess it depends on what "higher" means, because I see some dealers who are out of their freaking minds. See above mentioned $7k Pro.

#9 10 years ago

I would be buying from zdoor (pinball refinery) if I was out west. Gio is a class act.

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from pintechev:

Pat Choy is great.

http://www.endlesspinball.com/used-pinball-machines-for-sale/

He once told me "I don't need your money."

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

See above mentioned $7k Pro.

They won't be $7k for a pro. They do however likely have a showroom and warehouse there, which isn't cheap.

If it's ST pro you're looking for, this may be a good time to call them. They may have some stockpiled at the east coast headquarters.

#12 10 years ago

Pm send

#13 10 years ago

Doh! Watch what you say to people, you never know who their friends are who might not bother to come to you after they hear how you treated them ...

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from phishrace:

If it's ST pro you're looking for, this may be a good time to call them. They may have some stockpiled at the east coast headquarters.

Actually I'd probably spring for the Premium on ST, only go Pro if I bought a Metallica, I'm a Hammer Hater™.

I dunno, need to run some numbers, just wanted fresh quotes to be able to plug into them.

Thanks everyone!

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Totally forgot about them since I tend to think of them as customizers, not 'normal' dealers.

He's in Templeton ( Zdoor ) nib to fully custom..

#16 10 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Doh! Watch what you say to people,

Nothing against the guy, he is a businessman. I bought a machine from him once, and I paid more than it was worth, but we did agree on a price. Not much bargaining room though unless you buy more than one. The price he lists is the price he will take. I still have the machine, and it is still in great shape. However, his prices have kept me from going back for more.

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from moto_cat:

He's in Templeton ( Zdoor ) nib to fully custom..

I sent Gio an email. Thanks.

#18 10 years ago

I've heard the going rate for a ST Premium is around $6,500. This sound about right?

#19 10 years ago

Pat will hang onto his machines as long as it takes to get this price. And, someone always seems to buy them sooner or (sometimes much) later...

#20 10 years ago
    Quoted from Part_3:

I've heard the going rate for a ST Premium is around $6,500. This sound about right?

Give or take, yes.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-good-stern-dealers-in-socal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.