(Topic ID: 19207)

Any good links for rebuilding bumper/flipper coils?

By Turkey_Robinson

11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by LTG
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Turkey_Robinson.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

It's looking like I might need to put a new coil into a pop number and a slingshot (weak response from both). Does anybody know of any good videos or links to pages that could help me with this? I'll take it apart and try and fix it myself, but I think it might be nice to have some info on it first since I've never done it before.

Thanks!

#3 11 years ago

LTG, I was looking at that while I had the PF raised. The rod from the bumper skirt was a little dirty so I might try and clean that off and realign it and see how it works. When the coil fires it doesn't sound as loud as the other 3 either. That's another thing I'm seeing.

As far as the slingshot goes, one of the prior owners of my machine must have had issues with the slingshot coil because, from what I can tell, they removed the knocker coil and used that for the slingshot. So it's power too, is drastically less than the other slingshot.

I'll see how the readjusting of the pop bumper goes, but coil replacement is still something I'll need to tackle in the future.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Turkey_Robinson.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-good-links-for-rebuilding-bumperflipper-coils?tu=Turkey_Robinson and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.