(Topic ID: 236892)

Any games you appreciate more the "second time" around?

By sulli10

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Maurice
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

I had the opportunity to pick up two games recently (RBION/Avatar) that are the second time that I have owned each game. While, I liked both games the first time, they both left the collection in the past. This time, I have found that I have spent more time on each, trying to understand the rules and nuances. Last night, I spent several hours with RBION with the glass off, reading the rules I could find on line, and trying to see them in action. What I really liked were the moments where, "s$%#, that's what that means or oh that's how that works". I did the same thing with Avatar a little while ago. It is interesting to see all the thought that goes into the game from a geometry, rules, lighting ,sound and the actual information the game designer gave the player on what to do during the game.

I know I sound like a nerd/engineer, but, we all spend a lot of time criticizing games, buying / selling, it is just interesting to me that I can actually enjoy a game more the second time with a little more effort on my part. I have experienced this with a couple other games like STTNG and IJ.

I am now thinking about repurchasing a few other games to try the same thing. Was wondering if others felt the same way and what games turned out that way for them. It does not always work this way. For me TAF was bought and sold three times and I found I liked it less each time.

Pretty cool, we will see.

#2 5 years ago

Basically no since I usually treat my games in a way you just did recently with rbion and Abatar.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Canton, TX
$ 18.95
5,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Monrovia, MD
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Valdosta, GA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-games-you-appreciate-more-the-second-time-around and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.