5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 115 posts
  • 74 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Anth
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 21 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

163954.jpg
    image-3.jpg
    image-21.jpg
    image-28.jpg
    image-927.jpg
    image.jpg
    tumblr_lhge0gP0od1qcy1poo1_r1_500.gif
    tumblr_n0zr7cP8Ua1qbxa4ho1_400.gif
    DM.jpg
    kiss.jpg
    poochie.jpg
    image.jpg
    248705.gif
    Gay Cruise.jpg
    image-10.jpg
    NO.gif

There are 115 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 5 years ago

image-3.jpg

163954.jpg

#102 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

I like the game but what were they thinking?
    Kim

image-2.jpg 52 KB

They were thinking:

We have to follow the limits of the style guide for the license from FIFA.

#103 5 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

The machine? or cruise?
    Sorry, you walked into that one!!

Either, I'm game for anything.

#104 5 years ago

Any game is good for me. I don't play the artwork or the sound. Some verbal calls can be boring and overdone but not a reason to not play the game.

But X2 ugly or obnoxious isn't a good reason not to own'em.

I'm sure some cover their perceived ugly machines so as not to disturb their guests or to avoid discovery as an owner of an ugly machine.

#105 5 years ago

I'm probably in the minority here, but I actually LIKE the 'pointy-style" artwork of the '60's-early '70's Bally/Wms pins.

#106 5 years ago
    Quoted from girloveswaffles:

They were thinking:
    We have to follow the limits of the style guide for the license from FIFA.

FIFA is the Federation Internationale Football Association. Of which the United States is only one country. You think they required Bally to have the USA mascot on the game? And they required a cartoon dog from one team to be the most prominent feature in the translite? I disagree.

Soccer is and has been 100 times more popular around the world than here in the United States. Bally's European distributors at the time must have looked at that and said: "We can't sell that. Where are the other teams? Our customers hate the United States".

1994 was a different world back then and I believe this was an arrogant blunder by Bally.

And for the record, I love this game.

Kim

#107 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

FIFA is the Federation Internationale Football Association. Of which the United States is only one country. You think they required Bally to have the USA mascot on the game? And they required a cartoon dog from one teams to be the most prominent feature in the translite? I disagree.
    Soccer is and has been 100 times more popular around the world than here in the United States. Bally's European distributors at the time must have looked at that and said: "We can't sell that. Where are the other teams? Our customers hate the United States".
    1994 was a different world back then and I believe this was an arrogant blunder by Bally.
    And for the record, I love this game.
    Kim

thats not the "USA mascot". That was the official world cup mascot, yes, they would have insisted it be on the game.

#108 5 years ago
    Quoted from calvin12:

thats not the "USA mascot". That was the official world cup mascot, yes, they would have insisted it be on the game.

I stand corrected. I assumed with his wearing a USA jersey it was ours.

Sorry all.

Kim

PS: I tried to give myself a thumbs down but it doesn't work.

#109 5 years ago

Flash. Looks like it was painted by a ten year old. Would never give it pin space

#110 5 years ago

The game was officially licensed by "World Cup USA94(tm)" which was (is?) an entity created to promote the World Cup within the USA. Bally licensed from that entity... they didn't license "World Cup Soccer" in general. I think that's why the mascot was featured so prominently. Not sure if they had other options to get the World Cup license, but the flyer does brag about them getting it first.

#111 5 years ago
    Quoted from epotech:

Flash. Looks like it was painted by a ten year old. Would never give it pin space

I guess you'd be missing out on pinball history then, but yeah, I can understand your dislike.

#112 5 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

The game was officially licensed by "World Cup USA94(tm)" which was (is?) an entity created to promote the World Cup within the USA. Bally licensed from that entity... they didn't license "World Cup Soccer" in general. I think that's why the mascot was featured so prominently. Not sure if they had other options to get the World Cup license, but the flyer does brag about them getting it first.

All this talk about WCS94, I think it's a fine backglass and the John Popaduik layout is great. One of the most intense multiball experiences of all time. You'd be making a mistake if you judged this game on the backglass alone.

#113 5 years ago

Big Dick would be far too obnoxious to own.

#114 5 years ago
    Quoted from Joshmx19:

Big Dick would be far too obnoxious to own.

There's nothing wrong with having a Big Dick!

#115 5 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Nope. You're all wrong. The ugliest, most obnoxious game ever made is the next one from Stern. It's the AC/DC Pro, Beelzeboob edition. But it's faster than hell and the chicks dig it. Only 1 will be made using Photoshop (like all playfields these days), so get your pre-orders in now...it totally smokes the premium edition.

beelzeboob.jpg 76 KB

This one doesn't look any worse than the real one.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 150.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 259.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 7.00
    Electronics
    APB Enterprises
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Full Tilt Pinball LEDs
    $ 239.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Art Prints
    € 8.10
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    $ 248.85
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    PinWoofer
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 11.95
    $ 135.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 38.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 44.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    Playfield - Protection
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 26.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 11,500.00
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 13.00
    $ 49.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 219.99
    There are 115 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside