Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Miguel351
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

I'm a little hesitant to buy my Funhouse playfield because, well, it's out of stock. And also because I can't help but wonder if there will be any modifications. Any chatter at Expo?

#2 5 years ago

They've been out of stock for a very long time. Supposedly, Mirco finished a new batch and was bringing a few to expo. No word on if more were going to make their way to distributors.

#3 5 years ago

Looking forward to 2.0 for Funhouse. Would like to see and hear any news about it. Would make a great DMD pin if the animations are done correctly.

#4 5 years ago

Unfortunately the Mirco Funhouse playfields were defected, all of them had clearcoat bubbling up on the playfield. Not worth the eight hundred dollars in my opinion.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from knobstone:

Unfortunately the Mirco Funhouse playfields were defected, all of them had clearcoat bubbling up on the playfield. Not worth the eight hundred dollars in my opinion.

Aww

#6 5 years ago

I bought a FH PF from Mirco at Expo. There is a small wave in the clear at the very top that you can see when the light is right. I could see this and he mentioned it to me as well. When I got home I looked real close with magnification and different lighting at the rest of the PF and it looks perfect to me. In fact it is beautiful!! The wave is way up above Rudy's head in Rudy's hideout area so that doesn't bother me (you'll never see it). I paid less than $800 and I was real happy to get it. My FH is going to look real sweet.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from knobstone:

Not a problem for those of us that add more clear anyway...

But I can confirm that the clear on mine is very wavy - unlike any other I have bought from him.

#8 5 years ago

They are using my Funhouse as their first working model, but I myself don't know any further details. I am pretty sure there will be no changes to the playfield, only software and DMD.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from knobstone:

Yup I turned there playfields away as soon as I seen the defect. I'd have to give it to Kruzman to fix it for another $600 +, so I could't justify the $800+ price tag. I did buy a IPB one that someone had for sale with a HSA clear on it and it looked really nice. I looked at it pretty hard to find any defects before I plunked down the $1000 for it, and in the end I took it home with me. I'd gladly pay more for the quality and did so this time.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#10 5 years ago

Waiting patiently for 2.0

#11 4 years ago

I hate to eat my own words - always tastes horrible - but for the sake of fellow pinsiders looking back on this thread I need to set the record straight Re: the Mirco FH PF. I am still attending the “School Of Hard Knocks” and this was/is a learning experience for me for sure. To the untrained eye (me) the Mirco FH PF looks very nice. When I compare it to my existing PF – wow. The colors, the shine - looks great. Beyond the wave in the clear at the very top, the clear looks good (to me) with the exception of the shooter lane. However, I have never inspected a really pristine (cleared) PF up close so maybe I don’t know what it should really look like. Also, there are some graphics that don’t line up correctly around hole/slot cutouts. I don’t think this can be called a registration problem because all of the graphics around the inserts are spot on. If it was a registration problem, as I view it, wouldn’t everything be off the same? I kind of think his graphics file is off?? I emailed with Mirco and he said all of his FH boards, new ones included, are the same. He assured me that the CNC work is from the original CAD file and that should all be correct. So I’ll have to live with some print imperfections.

In the interest of furthering my education, I enrolled at Kruzman University (K.U.). Ron was very nice to email with (obviously an expert) and he agreed to educate me in person with my two PFs I have (2nd is not a FH). It is a few hour’s drive for me to get to his place put it works out nice (as I told Ron) because I have 20 college girls staying at my house Halloween night and I need an excuse to leave the house real early the next morning for an extended period of time (the drive will do me good).

This really makes me wonder though about some of the new pins like WOZ. Mirco is doing the playfields (he told me that at Expo) so are those the same quality clear as his repro’s or does JJP, for instance, get different treatment??

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from not4tilts:

In the interest of furthering my education, I enrolled at Kruzman University (K.U.). Ron was very nice to email with (obviously an expert) and he agreed to educate me in person with my two PFs I have (2nd is not a FH). It is a few hour’s drive for me to get to his place put it works out nice

That is really cool of Ron.

Don't feel bad. One thing I have realized in this hobby is "you don't know until you know"...I remember my first couple of Pins. Never realized how bad my flippers were until I rebuilt a set.

#13 4 years ago

Regarding 2.0...I was hoping to talk with the dudes from Fast. I spent a lot of time in the Vendor Hall and especially in the back where DP was. Every time I glanced over at the Fast Booth, eith the Funhouse was off, or there was just one person playing it. Would have loved to see what they had in store for Funhouse.

After playing BOP 2.0 I am really interested in finding a BOP. If they plan anything similar to what the DP guys did with BOP I am in.

#14 4 years ago

Funny you should ask about WOZ- when I was in Allentown, I thought that the WOZ playfield looked like the clear was uneven, or something was off/not flat about it. But I am a total newbie and have no idea about many pinball things.

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

Regarding 2.0...I was hoping to talk with the dudes from Fast. I spent a lot of time in the Vendor Hall and especially in the back where DP was. Every time I glanced over at the Fast Booth, eith the Funhouse was off, or there was just one person playing it. Would have loved to see what they had in store for Funhouse.
After playing BOP 2.0 I am really interested in finding a BOP. If they plan anything similar to what the DP guys did with BOP I am in.

Wish you would have come by! We didn't have our board running in the FH at the show, sadly. In all the haste of getting to the show and all the other hardware/software development, we didn't remember until too late that we needed to rewrite some of the software wrapping the original ROMs. This software interfaces with latest updates to the FAST Protocol that we had revised for our new FAST Controller.

I would have been fun to talk about some of the developments with you though! We got to spend some more time with Rick and Matt of PPS at Expo as well to continue to refine 2.0. Getting real close to what it needs to be!

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#16 4 years ago

thanks for posting Aaron....I will keep an eye on this, I really would like to install this in my FH.

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from not4tilts:

....because I have 20 college girls staying at my house Halloween night and...

I'm booking a flight right now....

As for the graphics being off on the playfields, chances are that it's actually a couple of the screens that are off registration. Each of the colors on those playfields are printed by individual screens. There are typically registration marks that help the printer align all the images correctly, but if a couple of them get off, you'll get some images that appear to be shifted against other images of different colors/backgrounds. What's crazy is, most of those playfields have a huge number of screens being used to print them, like well over 10 separate screens.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 22.50
$ 139.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside