Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by chuckwurt
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

thread title closed by author

#2 6 years ago

Please avoid. Even if you disregard the crazy pricing, some of the most hacked up machines I've ever seen came from there. What machine are you interested in? I'm sure you can find the same title for sale locally by a Pinsider.

#3 6 years ago

X 2. Horrible.
    I may be able to help as well.

#4 6 years ago

Thanks for the advice. I asked in another forum as well and have not received one positive reply.

Added over 5 years ago:

removed

#5 6 years ago

Had to fix many machines they sold. People tired of waiting a year for service call. One person had there carpet burned by Tec soldering, he put throw rug over it. They spray paint Walton on back of machine.

#6 6 years ago

I'd buy 10 games from "FUN!" before I'd buy one from Walton's - and that is NOT an endorsement for FUN! !

#7 6 years ago

Yes, avoid Waltons like the plague. About 20 years ago, I went there looking for a warehouse game. Instead, was shown a Fireball classic that had a terrible faded back glass and was told that when Bally remade the game, they intentionally used lighter color inks so that the backglass would looked like a faded original.

#8 6 years ago

I'm looking for a nice F14 Tomcat. I know it's not the fanciest game, but it's the one that hooked me on pinball back in the day. Kinda like that first love. Reddog has one that I may take a look at. His has the clear flashers in the back, I kinda prefer the red. If anyone knows of one in good condition or has seen his, let me know. Like I said, since this is a favorite, looking for above average condition. Waltons is getting one that they are "shopping" and re-selling. So that's why I asked. Thought maybe going retail may help odds of higher quality. But seems like this may not be the one to go to.

Added over 5 years ago:

removed by request

#9 6 years ago

Check Cincinnati Craigslist, there was a pretty nice one posted on there recently.

#10 6 years ago

As everyone has said, avoid this place if you are buying a pinball machine. They may or may not have decent stuff in other categories, I am not sure. But, they are the "used car salesmen" of pinball machines... I went in there twice and felt like I had to take a shower when I left because of all the BS being slung at me.

#11 6 years ago

You'll love f14 it was also a favorite of mine when I was a kid and just recently bought one and haven't really played anything else since.

#12 6 years ago

F14 is a very common game. Please contact Mark at Marks pinball or scott at Weirpinball to see if they have one available. Waltons is absolutely horrible.

3 months later
    #13 6 years ago

Just wanted to update this thread as a caution to anyone who comes across this business. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH WALTON'S GAMES/ WALTONS'S DISTRIBUTING in Cincinnati, OH!!!! Unfortunately before I had started this thread I initiated a purchase with this business with the promise that I could back out anytime before delivery. That was a lie. After posting this topic and seeing all the red flags I canceled my order and they told me that they would refund my money. Well, after 4 months of complaining and finally involving the Better Business Bureau, I finally got my money back. They lied constantly to both me and the BBB. I am lucky. Without the threat of the BBB, then I would have had to go to court. Stay away from this business. Also, ALWAYS, ask before doing business in this hobby. I obviously made that mistake, and won't do it again. Thank you everyone for your help...just wished I would have asked sooner.

Added over 5 years ago:

removed

4 months later
    #14 6 years ago

UPDATE:
    I wanted to post an update on my relationship with Walton's Games. I did reach a satisfactory resolution with the store. I got my money back in full. They also reached out with a friendly apology and even gave me a pretty good offer on one of their restored games. Even though I declined the offer, they said it would extend to a future title if I changed my mind later. The lesson I've learned is that any time money is exchanged either get a receipt or a written contract. EVERY TIME. With pinball we can get really excited and make quick decisions. I am at fault in my situation because I should not have agreed to a deal that I was not fully comfortable with and should have stopped to do enough research or view the product in person before buying. When money is involved, things can get heated. Now that time has passed, I realize both myself and Walton's games probably made some mistakes in how we handled things. They were very kind and gracious after the fact and I appreciate that. I have asked the Pinside moderators to take down the above post (#13) because I don't want to put down a business that has recognized a mistake and is taking positive steps forward. They could have been jerks and fought with me or harassed me. Instead, they made things right and apologized. The Pinside moderators stated that they do not delete old posts and that the best I can do is post and update. So, here it is. My final word and advice to all future buyers is to get things in writing, get a receipt (and keep it) and always do your research. Try to get a good understanding of the value of a pin before you buy and try to check out the seller. If it is a commercial seller then look online or ask around here. If it is a Pinsider, then again, ask around because people are pretty honest and I've found most sellers are pretty great people, especially Pinsiders. Finally, realize that even though you have money ready to spend in your pocket or account, you DON'T HAVE TO! If at any point you feel uncomfortable, bail on the deal BEFORE CASH TRADES HANDS. Because the situation sure changes once you've paid. To quote Forest Gump, "that's all I have to say about that."

Added over 5 years ago:

removed upon request

#15 6 years ago

Every post in this thread should stay. I’m glad you got a peaceful resolution, but this company is still horrible. Nothing about them is honest. They pray on people that are ignorant, and it’s deplorable.

#16 6 years ago

I bet Walton's Games still has that broken down and dirty LOTR for $8500.

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from comment23:

I bet Walton's Games still has that broken down and dirty LOTR for $8500.

Or the disaster of a funhouse for 6k

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-experience-with-waltonsgames-cincinnati and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.