(Topic ID: 317059)

Any EM game; Outhole works ball one, not ball two?

By Portraitman2

1 year ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shangri-la score motor (resized).JPG
    #1 1 year ago

Does anybody know what might make an EM pinball game start up and fire ball one out of the outhole but then when it goes back into the outhole it will not fire ball two? I have started the game with the hood up many times and I can manually touch the outhole switch and it will fire ball one every time but stops when it comes to the second ball. What might cause that? Thanks very much.

#2 1 year ago

One possibility is that the game needs to award end-of-ball bonus before firing the ball, but that bonus logic isn't working.

#3 1 year ago

Thanks Howard, this is 1967 Williams Shangri-La game, there is no end of ball bonus to be awarded. I know that the game had been acting up before this even on a one player it would switch to player two for ball two, player three for ball three, player four for ball four… It’s also having some trouble clearing and resetting the score reels now.

#4 1 year ago

I wonder if the outhole relay is firing, and if it is, what about this m/b switch that starts the score motor?

shangri-la score motor (resized).JPGshangri-la score motor (resized).JPG
    #5 1 year ago

Thanks very much for putting me on the right track! It was indeed the score motor index, “motor run” switch. Because the score motor would only reset at the start of a new game but the minute it sent the ball out of the outhole, it would not complete a full reset. That not only kept the outhole from firing when the ball came back but it also was responsible for a couple of other things not working right on the game while the ball was in play. Everything has to be in the right position to work right - starting with a complete index revolution!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-em-game-outhole-works-ball-one-not-ball-two and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.