8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by pinballslave
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

1768f1.jpg
    SAM_1753.JPG
    SAM_1419.JPG
    SAM_0957.JPG

#1 8 years ago

If so, What have you got? What do you want? What is your favourite?

I'm more a SS fan to be honest. I do like the odd EM table.

#2 8 years ago

I'm a fan but don't have any at the moment.
    A couple that have lived a long time in my collection were Gotteib's games Centigrade 37 and Strange World.
    Centigrade 37 was just a beautiful game with lots of nudging needed and a beautiful thermometer mechanism in the back-glass.
    Strange World at first glance appears to have no outstanding features, other than amazing art but the game play is compulsive and kept me entertained for months.
    I have had others but those two were outstanding. In general I prefer the early SS games such as Strikes and Spares, Meteor and Paragon to EM's but totally get the attraction.

#3 8 years ago

Sounds interesting I'll keep my eye(s) out.

Don't get me wrong I love the look of the EM's, but they just don't do it for me when it comes to playing, features etc.

Off Topic

I'm hooked to HighSpeed 2 at the moment.

#4 8 years ago

I used to play EMs as a kid and then played most of the early SS machines as a teenager. Some of the EMs I remember fondly are Williams Triple Strike (1975), Williams Grand Prix (1976) and Bally's Captain Fantastic (1976). I can also remember playing a Gottlieb Kings and Queens a lot in a classic "Greasy Spoon" English Cafe when I was supposed to be at work....

The last two, and many more EMs are available to play at the Pinball Parlour museum in Ramsgate, England for when I want to relive my early playing days.

They do play a lot slower, and they chug along, rather than have the ball whizz around like modern machines. I wouldn't mind adding a Triple Strike to my collection sometime in the future.

#5 8 years ago

..More interesting replies, thanks.

I'd never heard of http://www.pinballparlour.co.uk/museum.htm until now.

#6 8 years ago

I like them. I also like to work on them much better than SS games. There's a cause and effect for everything and, even better, you can touch it. I started with a Gottlieb "Roller Coaster." Neat game and in pretty good condition. I'm still looking for a Royal Flush to get an EM back into the house and show those young SS whippersnappers what it means to have some class.

#7 8 years ago

I swore off on EM's and now I have this Sky Divers I got dumped by for free. (Literally ... I looked out after agreeing and saw it sitting on the end of the driveway later that day.)

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2193

It may A-Go-Go away like that machine did. At least the backglass is intact.

#8 8 years ago

Yeah I'm only into EMs now kind of gave up on SS pins
    - I'm not buying anymore just dont have the room but maybe in a year or so

So BD how is that Sky Diver working out for ya?

#9 8 years ago

I love me some EMs. Easy to come by easy to fix and cheap. I could have 50 or 60 for the price of a WOZ.

I prefer the 70s ones tho with larger flippers. they tend to be a faster play and play very similar to the first SS machines

#10 8 years ago
    Quoted from HELLODEADCITY:

So BD how is that Sky Diver working out for ya?

It fires up and launches the ball without blowing fuses. TONS of stuff need cleaning and work. Maybe I should just give it to Toughgirl as they seem to like these kind of things. It seems to be one that while many were made hardly none remain.

#11 8 years ago

I would like to get Wizard. Great art and a brutal game. Seems like just when you get the flags flipped and are ready to score big it hands you your ass.

#12 8 years ago

YES! I have a Bally Freedom and a Gottlieb Funland,I grew up playing EM'S.My favorites were Trail drive and Aztec in the 70's.

#13 8 years ago

Yes, EMO, you're right...Centigrade 37 is fantastic. Animated backglass, beautiful Wally Wood-like EC comics art, sci-fi theme...how can ya go wrong?

#14 8 years ago

I have only two in my collection as of now; a '67 Williams Apollo (that I just spent 6 months restoring) and a recently acquired '48 Gottlieb Lady Robin Hood (in fantastic condition for a 63 year old pin). I marvel at the simplicity of the inner workings of these pins and how various things were accomplished "back in the day". Now if I could just find a "running man" pitch & bat.......

#15 8 years ago

EM's are freaking awesome!

#16 8 years ago

Just got another one off a "curb alert" Craigslist posting today. It's a Williams Casanova in pretty excellent shape. Cons: no lockdown bar and the cabinet has been painted. Pros: mintiest EM backglass that I have ever seen, plastics are 100% and not faded/bowed, and playfield is an 8/10 with only two minute pieces of wear.

I also improved my "one man pinball breakdown and load into truck" time to 12 minutes.

#17 8 years ago

yesssssss

#18 8 years ago

i love em pins! its what i cut my teeth on back in the 70's.
    i have only owned 1,a gottlieb jet spin. im looking for mid to late 70's gottlieb pins. #1 on my list is surfer/surf champ.great game. i would also love to score a big brave,volley,centigrade 37 or any of the western themed pins. and wizard by bally is one of the best pins made in that era. oh, and fireball.

#19 8 years ago

My older sister came to visit with her kids
    and needless to say they couldn't get enough of the single player EMs

well the pins play better now after 100s of plays - the old EMs need the exercise

#20 8 years ago

A few of mine:-

SAM_0957.JPG SAM_1419.JPG SAM_1753.JPG

#21 8 years ago

On my EM list are Wizard! (go figure), Big Brave/Indian, Fireball, Card Whiz. Probably lots more but those are the ones that I'd go on a road trip to check out.

#22 8 years ago

Anyone ever play a 1968 GTB Paul Bunyan ?
    looks like one has come up locally and thinking..... 6 flippers?
    -thanks HDC

1768f1.jpg

#23 8 years ago

I love EMs!! Luckily I found a Humpty Dumpty a few years ago (had to buy two other games with it). Also got Play Boy by Rally (French) which is awsome... really weird art, amazing sounds, crazy bumpers and Nixi tube scoring... Frontiersman is also excellent, superb strategy, that game got me hooked when I was lucky enough to play Bob Herbison's... was trying to track one down for years after that, and finally found one about 4 years ago... looks like it will be a BIG job to fix though! Cover Girl, Masquerade, Straight Shooter and Buckaroo are others I like and have been able to find! Straight Shooter is a real 'aiming' game which can be as frustrating as hell when things don't work out... but really really satisfying when they do!!

I wish Pinside would have them in their database and am puzzled why they dont!!??

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 9.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 49.95
    Playfield - Plastics
    MicksPinball
    $ 24.00
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 35.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    3D MODS
    $ 79.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Medisinyl Mods
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Art Prints
    $ 8.00
    Cabinet Parts
    RPGCor
    $ 245.95
    Boards
    Allteksystems
    $ 269.00
    Cabinet - Other
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 229.99
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 249.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 4,199.00
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 69.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 12.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 239.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside