• Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20201006_134900 (resized).jpg
20201006_134001 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2020-10-06 at 8.19.03 AM (resized).png
There are 157 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Now that’s just plain f ing crazy at $20k plus

It is Ice. Prices here have gone crazy during Covid. Instead of dropping they have gone through the roof. POTC CE going for $25K+ someone just listed TronLE for 40K. Machines have dried up and most LEs going for more than new pricing on the second hand market. This game will go very well here.

#102 3 years ago

The cab art on the CE looks awful to me. Just my opinion of course, but the LE art is the clear winner to me here. Of course gameplay tops all that.
All these big money boys in the hobby now and their fomo and "I want the best!" lol.

#103 3 years ago

I actually like the CE art the best. I'm on the list for a CE with my distributor, but they dont know how many they are getting yet. Hoping I'm one of the lucky ones!

#104 3 years ago
Quoted from djsoup:

I actually like the CE art the best. I'm on the list for a CE with my distributor, but they dont know how many they are getting yet. Hoping I'm one of the lucky ones!

Agreed, I think it’s cool that it’s from the banned album cover. I still don’t understand while it was banned?

#105 3 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

It is Ice. Prices here have gone crazy during Covid. Instead of dropping they have gone through the roof. POTC CE going for $25K+ someone just listed TronLE for 40K. Machines have dried up and most LEs going for more than new pricing on the second hand market. This game will go very well here.

Covid pricing has driven everything up, people have too much money hoarded, just look at recent car auctions, crazy high prices...

#106 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I wouldn’t be surprised to see an alt collectors/full featured edition down the road. They’ve done it before with WOZ & Hobbit.

They haven't done that since Hobbit. Those days are over it appears.

LTG : )

#107 3 years ago

Yeah it really pisses off CE owners of original..Don't know why you already have a game. More games better

#108 3 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I still don’t understand while it was banned?

Their record label Geffen made them change it.

#109 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Their record label Geffen made them change it.

Tipper Gore.

#110 3 years ago

Agreed, I think it’s cool that it’s from the banned album cover. I still don’t understand while it was banned?
[quoted image]

It's a monster rescuing a chick from getting raped by a robot with a boob hanging out. Great artwork, but I can kinda see not wanting it on shelves in the record store.

#111 3 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

If they just cowboyed it then yeah, they might have a mess, especially if they oversold.

Guess they cowboyed it.

#112 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Dialed In & POTC didn’t have the demand to justify it. I could see them doing extra CE-esque editions on this one.

#113 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Dialed In & POTC didn’t have the demand to justify it. I could see them doing extra CE-esque editions on this one.

Yep they won’t want to leave any CE type money left on the table.

Quoted from LTG:

Umm Yellow Brick Road addition comes to mind Lloyd. Let’s face it they could if demand is there, it is a business after all.
It would upset the CE collectors but it wouldn’t be the first time business has upset consumers
I love the game. Great times in pinball at the moment. Lots of great titles coming out.

#114 3 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Who did you order from? JPP or distributor?

A distributor. I will not name names, but, straight up no BS guy. Which I greatly appreciate and they will get my business in the future. They got a third of their requested allocation.

I could not tell ,but ,JJP seemed to want the full amount up front when I went to their website. I tried calling the sales dept at JJP , but no answer. They called me back today but I missed the call and the website said sold out anyway. No way am I putting up that kind of money in advance.

Not the worst day of my life (actually far from it) , not getting first dibs on a 12.5k , plus tax, plus shipping pinball machine. No way I would pay over retail for one down the road. I will most likely line up for a LE down the road. The SE looks like a bargain comparatively. Could be an opportunity there as well. I would need to see the light show

Good for JJP to sell out so fast. Good to see a small company make out well in these times.

Hey man, “it’s only Pinball”

#115 3 years ago

Yea, maybe a blessing

Standard may be faster playing and half price. Maybe not half because you’d want a shaker and a few bobs.

But you can get standard plus a Stern pro (DP, SW, JP) with shaker etc. for $13k

I can legit get two HUO Stern premium for $13K. (If you get a good deal). CE is almost $13k with shipping.

LE is nearly as good for a good bit lower price.

CE is great but you pay for it.

No way in hell will I pay scalper flipper price. I think a lot of R&M type buying to flip will be revealed.

#116 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Yea, maybe a blessing
Standard may be faster playing and half price. Maybe not half because you’d want a shaker and a few bobs.
But you can get standard plus a Stern pro (DP, SW, JP) with shaker etc. for $13k
I can legit get two HUO Stern premium for $13K. (If you get a good deal). CE is almost $13k with shipping.
LE is nearly as good for a good bit lower price.
CE is great but you pay for it.

If the LE and CE play is similar - which other than that magna save(?) it seems it is, I would be happy with an LE. I like the art on it better...but I gotta admit, I'm a sucker for a glorious light show...

#117 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

If the LE and CE play is similar - which other than that magna lock(?) it seems it is, I would be happy with an LE. I like the art on it better...but I gotta admit, I'm a sucker for a glorious light show...

Play should be the as CE.

Someone told me the CE stores the ball while you play Coma if it times out or you lose ball it just dumps ball into the trough.

The LE doesn’t hold the ball it just kicks ball out and if you win the switch hits it sends another ball out.

Do gameplay should be same but the ball lock just looks cooler than dropping into trough drain on LE.

#118 3 years ago

[quoted image]

Yeah Sean I remember when it came out, vividly. I was 14.
Always liked the red monster, but the trenchcoat guy just looks silly to me, on both the album and the cab.
But that's, just like , my opinion man. And one that doesn't really count cause I've been priced outta JJP's for awhile now. I just can't bring myself to pay 10k, nevermind 14k lol, for a toy.
Happy for you dudes that can.

#119 3 years ago

In on a LE.

The play field light show is the same LE to CE. Need our mod guys to get the cabinet lighting mods and a sound bar topper mod working. .

Saved 3K today! Life is good !

#120 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Me too. I waited for the gameplay videos.
Anyway imo the art on the LE and armor color is better to me.
I don’t care about the topper that much.
Mainly wanted the RadCals might be able to get on the LE.
Save $3k can buy PDI glass for a ll my pins.

Radcals? Not really, I won't even see the cab when it's wedged in between 2 other games, Rosette on the lockdown? I bet someone will make a cool one. The shooter rod? Again someone will make a similar one. That leaves the cab leds and apron lock....no big deal on both counts. Buying an LE is a much better idea.

#121 3 years ago

I spoke to my distributor and they did not get half of what they had ordered for CE’s.

#122 3 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

A distributor. I will not name names, but, straight up no BS guy. Which I greatly appreciate and they will get my business in the future. They got a third of their requested allocation.
I could not tell ,but ,JJP seemed to want the full amount up front when I went to their website. I tried calling the sales dept at JJP , but no answer. They called me back today but I missed the call and the website said sold out anyway. No way am I putting up that kind of money in advance.
Not the worst day of my life (actually far from it) , not getting first dibs on a 12.5k , plus tax, plus shipping pinball machine. No way I would pay over retail for one down the road. I will most likely line up for a LE down the road. The SE looks like a bargain comparatively. Could be an opportunity there as well. I would need to see the light show
Good for JJP to sell out so fast. Good to see a small company make out well in these times.
Hey man, “it’s only Pinball”

I just got the same message. I'm all over the LE now. I'm totally fine with it. It is what it is.

#123 3 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

In on a LE.
The play field light show is the same LE to CE. Need our mod guys to get the cabinet lighting mods and a sound bar topper mod working. .

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder....but damn that LE cabinet is amazing looking so I'm not to upset. I was going to beg JJP to put the CE stuff in the LE cabinet. Would have had a one of a kind pin. I know I know. They won't do it. But it would be cool.

#124 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Yeah Sean I remember when it came out, vividly. I was 14.
Always liked the red monster, but the trenchcoat guy just looks silly to me, on both the album and the cab.
But that's, just like , my opinion man. And one that doesn't really count cause I've been priced outta JJP's for awhile now. I just can't bring myself to pay 10k, nevermind 14k lol, for a toy.
Happy for you dudes that can.

Well Jason your memory is a hell of a lot better than mine that’s for sure! I’m 52 and I don’t remember any of it, but my memory did get pretty well wiped out 2 years ago... ignorance is bliss I guess.

#125 3 years ago

I want a ce only if i can get the number 501.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#126 3 years ago

Well Jason your memory is a hell of a lot better than mine that’s for sure! I’m 52 and I don’t remember any of it, but my memory did get pretty well wiped out 2 years ago... ignorance is bliss I guess.

Lol. I remember it so well cause my best friend/neighbor in jr high and high school was a black kid named Dave that absolutely loved GnR and Appetite. We must've worn out about 5 copies on cassette.

#127 3 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

I want a ce only if i can get the number 501.

Thats an odd request but as I recall someone actually did that on a JJP POTC CE and asked for a number Over the allotted 200 (like 235) and they said no issues as long as they do not produce more then the allotted number of units.

#128 3 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

In on a LE.

Sorry you didn't get a CE but happy that you are on-board with an LE, hopefully not too long before you have your machine!

#129 3 years ago

The location near my house is getting an LE delivered between now and Monday so I’m glad I get to play it before worrying about putting in an order or not.

#130 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

The cab art on the CE looks awful to me. Just my opinion of course, but the LE art is the clear winner to me here. Of course gameplay tops all that.
All these big money boys in the hobby now and their fomo and "I want the best!" lol.

Agreed. Not digging the CE cab or purple at all. The LE is what I envisioned the CE would be, and with the game off 99% of the time, I would never be happy with the CE.

Really did want the glitter playfield bling, and the apron lock would have been nice, but not worth $3k to always be disappointed with the art (don't care about the signatures, topper, cab lights, etc.).

The LE looks like a local concert venue with the brick and posters and works perfectly with the theme and other house decor.

I don't remotely associate the scrapyard creature and red-blob thing with GnR or rock music at all (despite their presence on AfD and in the game [don't mind them in the game]).

Doesn't mean I'm not envious of those that DO like the cab/color as it's an awesome package in that case.

#131 3 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Australia hoping for about 30 CEs at $20k+ and has over 40 people wanting one. And that doesn’t include people wanting one but not knowing who the distributor is now that Wayne doesn’t sell JJP. Agree this title not enough CEs

Paul at pinballsales has been the exclusive Aussie JJP distributor for ages and his details are listed on the JJP website as such. Everyone down here knew that long ago.

It was actually a smart proactive move by JJP given the effort behind bringing this to market and how sales are now eventuating.

Wouldn't be surprised if it gives ACDC a run for its money on domestic sales numbers.

#132 3 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

In on a LE.

Same here. Didn't make the short list for the CE...went with the LE. Saved $3k and better art! And hopefully will arrive sooner. Winning..

#133 3 years ago
Quoted from PinHigh1:

Same here. Didn't make the short list for the CE...went with the LE. Saved $3k and better art! And hopefully will arrive sooner. Winning..

Hearing: 100 LE first shipment out 10/5
Then 100 Standards
Then 100 CE games
Then back to LE

Anyone else hear different?

#134 3 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Agreed. Not digging the CE cab or purple at all. The LE is what I envisioned the CE would be, and with the game off 99% of the time, I would never be happy with the CE.
Really did want the glitter playfield bling, and the apron lock would have been nice, but not worth $3k to always be disappointed with the art (don't care about the signatures, topper, cab lights, etc.).
The LE looks like a local concert venue with the brick and posters and works perfectly with the theme and other house decor.
I don't remotely associate the scrapyard creature and red-blob thing with GnR or rock music at all (despite their presence on AfD and in the game [don't mind them in the game]).
Doesn't mean I'm not envious of those that DO like the cab/color as it's an awesome package in that case.

literally couldn't say this better myself. Yes, Yes, Yes. Good news is everyone is happy b/c CEs sold out super fast!!!

#135 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

If the LE and CE play is similar - which other than that magna save(?) it seems it is,....

“Coma“ lock in the apron on the CE also.

#136 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Good news is everyone is happy b/c CEs sold out super fast!!!

I agree 100%. As a pinball company, I would think this is exactly what you want to hear. Each version properly catering to different segments for different reasons. Keeping the CE truly exclusive, and make sure the LE is really meant to cater to the majority of buyers in this price range. For those who miss out on a CE, the LE justification is NOT hard at all. Well done JJP.

I know this is not an SE thread but the perception that it is so stripped down is only from our crazy pinhead perspective. The GNR SE seems to be the first real push from JJP to get these on route en masse, and they picked the perfect theme to do it. The casual pinball player will not care (or even know) about the missing upper playfield. They will see a crazy light show, crazy sound, and a decent shooter with good ball times. Sounds like a great recipe to me to make a ton $$ for operators (when they open again of course).

#137 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Then 100 Standards
Then 100 CE games
Then back to LE

Basically that is what I heard. Did not hear numbers, but, they are going to stagger games like you said.

Quoted from Galooch:

I agree 100%. As a pinball company, I would think this is exactly what you want to hear. Each version properly catering to different segments for different reasons. Keeping the CE truly exclusive, and make sure the LE is really meant to cater to the majority of buyers in this price range. For those who miss out on a CE, the LE justification is NOT hard at all. Well done JJP.
I know this is not an SE thread but the perception that it is so stripped down is only from our crazy pinhead perspective. The GNR SE seems to be the first real push from JJP to get these on route en masse, and they picked the perfect theme to do it. The casual pinball player will not care (or even know) about the missing upper playfield. They will see a crazy light show, crazy sound, and a decent shooter with good ball times. Sounds like a great recipe to me to make a ton $$ for operators (when they open again of course).

I very much agree with you here. Good move on JJP’s part. SE Priced between a NIB Stern Pro and Premium. The assets on this game are excellent. Will give Hobbit a run for the money in that category. I would hope the SE gives the same light show/ at the concert perspective as the higher models. Eric also stated it is a fast shooter. That will definitely appeal to a segment of the pin community.

Also, I agree with the LE versus CE art package. I was laser focused on the CE the other day. Now that is past, I spent time comparing the the LE and CE from that perspective. LE all day.

I really like the idea of a sound bar in the topper position. I think JJP May be on to something here. I have always invested in upgrading the sound on my pins (especially Sterns). To me the sounds and light show are a big part of the enjoyment factor. A sound bar placed up hi could add a lot to the effect. Especially on a rock music pin. Also could be really easy to upgrade to a topper type sound bar if the manufacturers provide an easy connection point. I believe this is an innovation point , we have not grasped the upside on.

#138 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Then 100 Standards
Then 100 CE games
Then back to LE

Will they be able to sell 100std´s theese days?

#139 3 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Basically that is what I heard. Did not hear numbers, but, they are going to stagger games like you said.

I very much agree with you here. Good move on JJP’s part. SE Priced between a NIB Stern Pro and Premium. The assets on this game are excellent. Will give Hobbit a run for the money in that category. I would hope the SE gives the same light show/ at the concert perspective as the higher models. Eric also stated it is a fast shooter. That will definitely appeal to a segment of the pin community.
Also, I agree with the LE versus CE art package. I was laser focused on the CE the other day. Now that is past, I spent time comparing the the LE and CE from that perspective. LE all day.
I really like the idea of a sound bar in the topper position. I think JJP May be on to something here. I have always invested in upgrading the sound on my pins (especially Sterns). To me the sounds and light show are a big part of the enjoyment factor. A sound bar placed up hi could add a lot to the effect. Especially on a rock music pin. Also could be really easy to upgrade to a topper type sound bar if the manufacturers provide an easy connection point. I believe this is an innovation point , we have not grasped the upside on.

I'm curious to see if a bluetooth enabled soundbar can just be placed up there and connect to the machine wirelessly.

That is a HUGE bummer btw if the numbers are staggered like that. Puts LEs outside 100, for some time. Maybe that's why I was told a few weeks for mine.

#140 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I'm curious to see if a bluetooth enabled soundbar can just be placed up there and connect to the machine wirelessly.
That is a HUGE bummer btw if the numbers are staggered like that. Puts LEs outside 100, for some time. Maybe that's why I was told a few weeks for mine.

Interesting point on the blue tooth. That would make it super easy. I am "old school", didn't even think Blue tooth.

Yea, not sure. I get the staggering thing on the manufacturing line either. I would think switching back and forth would not be efficient especially to the SE as that is a different play field. Only thing would be to get some of each out to get them in players hands to promote sales of the LE's and especially the SE's. A lot of questions on how the SE would play/look.

#141 3 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

I agree. JJP should consider having this as an option for all their future pins. If indeed bluetooth connected then it should be easy for anyone to install. You could even have rear speakers for full surround sound. It would be pretty cool on GnR to have the crowd cheering behind you and all the stage noises in front of you.

#142 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I agree. JJP should consider having this as an option for all their future pins. If indeed bluetooth connected then it should be easy for anyone to install. You could even have rear speakers for full surround sound. It would be pretty cool on GnR to have the crowd cheering behind you and all the stage noises in front of you.

so bluetooth has been confirmed by Eric in a recent interview confirming headphones is an option. If that's the case, there really is no reason why the same can't apply to a sound bar.

As for the staggered approach, I can also confirm I'm hearing the same thing from my guy. So odd they're doing it this way. Talk about inefficient.

#143 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I mean if they can do 100 per week, it shouldn't be too long.

#144 3 years ago

I’m super so surprised they sold out.

Not that 500 is large number because R&M sold out at 750 units.

It’s more that $12,800 is a large number that wasn’t sure so many people have so much disposable income. I keep expecting people to run out of room or money but it’s endless.

I remember MMR LE selling out so quick but then a lot of people gave back their spots instead of waiting.

I think (I really think) many CE are bought by flippers dry up the supply and sell for $$$$ thousands more like Potc is selling for $18K they’re investing on the future that people will pony up. Not me, I had thought to get one at $13k dealer price but to me $12.5 is enough for me.

#145 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

It’s more that $12,800 is a large number that wasn’t sure so many people have so much disposable income. I keep expecting people to run out of room or money but it’s endless.
I remember MMR LE selling out so quick but then a lot of people gave back their spots instead of waiting.
I think (I really think) many CE are bought by flippers dry up the supply and sell for $$$$ thousands more like Potc is selling for $18K they’re investing on the future that people will pony up. Not me, I had thought to get one at $13k dealer price but to me $12.5 is enough for me.

Thinking about it, I am not surprised. Remember the JJP website is world wide. I believe enough people hit the website and were willing to pony up the full amount. Big influx of cash to JJP right away. Which frankly is good for them.

GNR is a world wide brand. They are still touring and many of their songs are iconic. Add that to an extremely well done SDTM video that showed a great light show and Eric explaining all that went into the design from Slash and the web sight started collecting signups. Say they got 300 people to signup on the website (from around the world). Maybe far more than previous titles. They accept the upfront cash and then determine the allotments to distributors. Say the distributors got a third of what they asked for, which the distributors probably set on past sales. The difference maker here is the website sine ups and an Iconic title.

#146 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'm not surprised one bit. GNR is a global brand. With the pandemic, most people are not going on vacations, so disposable income for some is at an all-time high. A lot of my friends and co-workers are spending thousands of dollars on home improvements, boats, cars, etc. to get some sanity and fun in after being isolated for so long.

#147 3 years ago

Too bad because dealers have a value. They support the company sell good and bad titles they should get to sell the hot sellers. JJP looks to be skimming the easy money out of the pool.

Anyway, I don’t buy a CE because it’s low numbers so if I had a CE it wouldn’t matter to me if the made another 400 units or whatever. But the flippers would get burned. So what?

#148 3 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

I'm not surprised one bit. GNR is a global brand. With the pandemic, most people are not going on vacations, so disposable income for some is at an all-time high. A lot of my friends and co-workers are spending thousands of dollars on home improvements, boats, cars, etc. to get some sanity and fun in after being isolated for so long.

30K hits on the YouTube video around 36 hours from the time it was posted. 500 units would be 1.7% of the those and in the case of Pinsiders (and such) we know there were plenty on a list to buy prior. The numbers are interesting for sure.

#149 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Then 100 Standards
Then 100 CE games
Then back to LE

I heard something similar in terms of staggering. Also heard they may make machines for European markets in the middle as well. So who really knows. I'm interested to know what they're production capacity really is....anyone know? I've heard 50-100/week. I've heard per day. I have no clue...hoping someone can enlighten me!

#150 3 years ago

Gone are the days of picking up a used one for less than the original price. Guess this will carry a premium price for a used one!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

11,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dracut, MA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 210.00
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

12,060 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Long Beach, NY
$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 157 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-distributors-have-any-jjp-ces-left-left/page/3?hl=unlockpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.