(Topic ID: 56401)

Any decent pinball locations in Hilton Head SC?

By PurpleTophat

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by ElCid95
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

The wife and I will soon be heading to Hilton Head SC for one of those huge family vacations where all of the extended family is there. This is not my family, it is her family. I'm not in any way a beach person, and it's supposed to be hot as hell. All things considered, I'm planning on drinking heavily. I would also like to have a place or two to escape to to play some pinball. Anybody know if there's any place on the island to play some pins???

#2 10 years ago

***Bump*** for a pinball bud and family Can anyone help them out? C'mon he owns up to,
drinking heavily" (something I envy) and just needs a pin fix! Wish I knew the area...I don't though.

HELP A BROTHER OUT PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

1 week later
#3 10 years ago

Thanks for the bump, Pinballdad!

Getting dangerously close to my vacation now. Just two days away. I've called all the bowling alleys, mini golf places, and movie theaters I can find, and nobody has a pin. My only hope now it seems is to stumble upon one in one of the many bars or restaurants. If anyone knows where even 1 pin might be, please let me know!!!

#4 10 years ago

Hilton Head is pretty much a pinball desert. We go almost every year and always look for pins. They
used to have a LOTR at Fuddruckers but that is sadly gone. The last pin I played on the island was a monopoly at the bowling alley in the main street area that was last year. If you find something let us know.

#5 10 years ago

Thanks for the info. That's sort of what I was afraid of. I guess I'll just duck in and out of every restaurant and bar I find over the course of the week.

I'm quite practiced at entering establishments and saying: "Do you have any pinball machines here?...no...Pinball machines...PINBALL...NO...PINBALL MACHINES!!...ok, thanks anyway.". I can go all day long. Doesn't even phase me. I'll definitely let you know if I find anything, and I'll update the pin map with date, location, and condition (as we all should try to do!).

2 weeks later
#6 10 years ago
Quoted from klinde1:

Hilton Head is pretty much a pinball desert.

UPDATE! Yeah...there are no pins on that island that I could find, but at least it was so hot and humid that I was sweating like a pig all day every day!

So, the wife and I got back to town and used our last day off work to play WOZ at Enchanted Castle in Lombard all day. That hit the spot!

#7 10 years ago

Too bad I didn't see this thread earlier. I go to HH each year. Last summer there was a South Park in the Big Bamboo restaurant/bar in Coligny Circle off North Forest Beach Drive. They usually have a pin and a few other games in the back. Next time!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#8 10 years ago

Thanks for the heads up! Sorry I missed it, but at least it was just a South Park. That one is pretty darn low on my list and the wife wouldn't have stuck around for more than 1 or 2 games max.

#9 10 years ago

Yeah South Park sucks. My wife quit after the first ball. I played her game and mine and vowed never to play it again. Still worth a trip to Big Bamboo though - great hurricanes, cajun mahi mahi sandwiches and great live reggae on Wednesday nights.

8 years later
#10 1 year ago

Not to be offensive but I’m in HH now and can’t wait to go back home. Guess it’s not my thing.

2 months later
#11 1 year ago

Just following up on this thread. There is at least one "arcade" I've seen on the northern part of the island attached to one of the 2 or 3 mini golf courses on HHI. I own a rental property in HHI and would love to create a pin/arcade space for enthusiasts and a place to go for folks when the weather is bad. Who's in?

#12 1 year ago
Quoted from Mupes:

Just following up on this thread. There is at least one "arcade" I've seen on the northern part of the island attached to one of the 2 or 3 mini golf courses on HHI. I own a rental property in HHI and would love to create a pin/arcade space for enthusiasts and a place to go for folks when the weather is bad. Who's in?

We go to the Disney resort on HHI fairly regularly. As far as I know the Adventure Cove mini golf place is the only game in town. Last time I was there they had one pin, an Indiana Jones that was in pretty decent shape. Once upon a time there was an arcade at Disney's Beach House, but that's sadly long gone.

It would be nice if there were another option in the area.

#13 1 year ago

https://pinballmap.com/map?address=Hilton+Head+Island%2C+SC

Looks like a place called Chow Daddy’s has 3. Last update on condition of games looks bleak tho

#14 1 year ago

Next time I go home, I’ll try to bring some tools and stop by and see if they will let me take a look at the games. I’m a hobbyist and fix games on the side in the Shreveport Louisiana are for my local amusement company.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Machine - For Sale
Jackson, MICHIGAN
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms
Hardware
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, OH
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games
Pinball Machine
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 91.00
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 24.50
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-decent-pinball-locations-in-hilton-head-sc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.