Cubs WIN flag (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
IMG_2730 (resized).JPG
IMG_2489 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
th (resized).jpg
20161102_222657 (resized).jpg
20161102_195438 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#49 7 years ago

Go Dodgers!

th (resized).jpgth (resized).jpg

#52 7 years ago

Vin Scully.

The man from Brooklyn. Before I was born. I remember my grandpa and his transistor radio tuned in when I was learning to walk. As with any sport great moments can be few and far between. Vin Scully probably saw and broadcasted more of those moments that any of us will ever see in our lives.

Thank you Vin

#77 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

When the Cubs make it to the World Series, I suspect we will see the highest average ticket prices in the history of sports.

By the time that ever happens, most sporting tickets may be double or triple what they cost now.

#79 7 years ago

I sure wish Vin was announcing this game. Wonder why he didn't want to do the playoffs.

#81 7 years ago

Two shutouts in a row!!! WOO HOO!!!!

#89 7 years ago

I'm hoping the Dodgers can make it three in a row and put an end to this series as soon as they can.

#90 7 years ago

1561952_1280x720 (resized).jpg1561952_1280x720 (resized).jpg

#92 7 years ago

#93 7 years ago

Looks like the Cubbies are trying to make a series out if it after all. Way to go!

#95 7 years ago

That's really the big news today. Congrats!

741 (resized).png741 (resized).png

#99 7 years ago

The one year the Angels made the world series when tickets went on sale it was a total clusterf#*k. It had never happened before and they weren't ready for it. Tickets were sold at the box office only. My buddy went down there and it took all day. At one point they reversed the order of the line, so those in back ended up in front.

But we ended up with decent outfield seats for games 2, 6, and 7 at $60 a pop.

563540681 (resized).jpg563540681 (resized).jpg

#101 7 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

Its unavoidable but I hate how there are like 2000 listings on stubhub with the cheapest at 600

$600 is what the people next to us paid for the $60 seats we bought. But hey, the Angels won it all and it was an epic world series that year.

#104 7 years ago

You think Dodger stadium is old, go see a football game at the LA Mausoleum. Now that place is old!

But back on topic, I grew up near Anaheim and one of my first memories was driving by as this stadium was being built. Look at all the nothingness in the background. Those days are gone forever.

4474560740_5a7455c79e_z (resized).jpg4474560740_5a7455c79e_z (resized).jpg

#106 7 years ago

We used to have one of those around here too. Built in 1925 and designed by the same guy that did both Chicago ball parks. The Angels played there in their inaugural season before moving to Dodger stadium and then on to Anaheim.

WFLA (resized).jpgWFLA (resized).jpg

#108 7 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

New stadiums like Safeco Field in Seattle are nice, but there's something to be said for the charm of older stadiums too.

They don't call it Safeco for nothing. the old Kingdome was a disaster waiting to happen.

I really like Angel stadium though. Unlike Dodger Stadium it is in a good neighborhood, close to home,easy access, and a real nice place to watch a ballgame.

#111 7 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

hope Bartman doesn't show up.

I heard he moved to Florida.

#113 7 years ago

I'd like to check out Petco field in San Diego as it looks pretty cool, but getting in and out of there is something that might be a challenge. It is only an hour or two away.

#118 7 years ago

Cubs showed the Dodgers what they are made of. It's going to take some serious work for the Dodgers to stay alive in this one.

#136 7 years ago

Congrats to the Cubs and their fans. I felt the magic all the way on the west coast. If the Dodgers can take anything away from this series is they had two near perfectly pitched games out of six.

#171 7 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Judas Priest.

Maybe next year.

147 (resized).jpg147 (resized).jpg

#181 7 years ago
Quoted from pinball_erie:

Can't wait for it to be done so we can commence with the real sports.

No sport here.

#251 7 years ago

#257 7 years ago

As a lifelong Angels fan, I can tell you how great it feels when you finally win one.

Now you get to look forward to another hundred years of futility.

#266 7 years ago

I always liked Joe Maddon. We go way back.

Congrats!

#268 7 years ago

Major League Baseball has just had it's crowning moment.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
2,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TENNESSEE
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-cubs-fans-out-there?tu=o-din and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.