Cubs WIN flag (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
IMG_2730 (resized).JPG
IMG_2489 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
th (resized).jpg
20161102_222657 (resized).jpg
20161102_195438 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gweempose.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 7 years ago

I got sick to my stomach after the Cubs gave up another two runs in the 5th, so I went down into my basement to work on my Pinbot. I completely lost track of time, and when I put the game back on, it was the bottom of the 9th. I completely missed the rally.

What a game, though! Those Giants sure are a tough team to close out a series on.

#56 7 years ago

I've got a big dilemma. I can't decide if I should get tickets for a game this series or buy a HEP Medieval Madness.

#61 7 years ago

What an exciting game yesterday! This really does seem like the Cubs year.

#71 7 years ago

I have a friend who is taking her son to the game in LA tonight. They have pretty good seats, and I think they paid something like $250 each. It's amazing how much cheaper the tickets are in LA. I heard the last game at Wrigley was $500 for standing room only.

#74 7 years ago

When the Cubs make it to the World Series, I suspect we will see the highest average ticket prices in the history of sports.

#82 7 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

"If"
Kinda need to score runs in order to win games. They might want to start by getting a base runner past second base.

Yep. Their offense just completely disappeared. They better step it up quick, or they might not even take the series back to Chicago.

#120 7 years ago

It will be an interesting game tomorrow for sure. When Kershaw is on, he's practically unhittable. The Cubs have a renewed confidence after the last two games, though, and Hendricks is certainly no slouch himself.

#140 7 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

Too bad the mlb allstar game kinda determines which side wins the World Series.

Even without home field advantage, Vegas still has the Cubs as 1-2 favorites to win the series.

#141 7 years ago
Quoted from Schusler:

Horrible, horrible idea

Agreed. One of the stupidest changes the league has ever made.

#161 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballocks:

1 down 3 to go. Go Tribe!

That's funny. I was thinking 0 down, 4 to go ....

#168 7 years ago

Just a reminder that the game is starting an hour earlier tonight because of the weather.

#170 7 years ago

It's amazing that a guy who can pitch as good as Lester can't throw the ball to first. I forgot who the base runner was yesterday, but Lester caught him a mile off the bag. Virtually any other pitcher in the league would have picked him off. It's just so bizarre.

#178 7 years ago

It was great to see Arrieta back in top form with 5 1/3 hitless innings.

Go Cubs!!!!

#183 7 years ago
Quoted from 6point5degrees:

It was also nice to not be on pins and needles for most of the game. It'll be interesting to see how they use Babe Schwarber without a DH.

Has he been medically cleared to start?

#185 7 years ago
Quoted from kapper:

He's not playing in the field.
Not medically cleared - play is to have him pinch hit as needed

Talk about an over qualified pinch hitter ....

#219 7 years ago

I'm pretty sure there were riots after some of the Bulls championships.

#226 7 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

well I'm definitely nervous as hell
but if you told me at the beginning of the playoffs that game 7 of the world series would be in Cleveland and kluber would be starting with a rested Miller shaw and allen. I would like my chances but I'm still scared since I have been a Cleveland fan my whole life
GO TRIBE

Surprisingly, Vegas has the Cubs as slight favorites tonight. I expected them to be slight underdogs. Schwarber being able to come into the lineup as DH turned out to be a huge factor in this series. Ironically, the All Star Game may end up being a blessing in disguise for the Cubs if they win tonight.

Should be an awesome game. Like you, I'm nervous as hell.

#244 7 years ago

No matter how this ends, this will go down as one of the most legendary World Series games of all time.

#297 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am somewhat surprised that as a fan of baseball you are incapable of just saying a simple 'congrats' to the cubs and their fans for what was the most monumental storyline and ending in the history of baseball.

Sadly, a ton of Sox fans have this exact same attitude. Rooting against the Cubs is even more important to them than rooting for their own team. It's really quite pathetic.

#299 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Lived in Chicago/Wrigleyville for 7 years or so...the Cubs Sox thing seemed to be largely a Suburbs vs City thing at least in my anecdotal experience. Some suburbanites just hate everything "city".

Crosstown rivalries are natural, but the animosity in this particular case is completely one-sided. When the Sox won the World Series in '05, I didn't hear a single Cubs fan say a negative thing about them. A lot of fans were indifferent, but many of them were actually happy for the Sox. In comparison, I heard that some bars on the south side were actually buying a round of drinks every time a Cubs' opponent scored in the post season. Like I said, pathetic.

#310 7 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Why is that pathetic? Why on earth should fans of one team support another, just because it's geographically close?

I'm sorry, but the sheer amount of energy that some Sox fans put into actively hating the Cubs is indeed pathetic.

#322 7 years ago

What's ironic is that the Cubs winning is probably good for the Sox as well, since it will put some pressure on Reinsdorf to improve the team.

#324 7 years ago

Now that the Cubs have "broken the curse", I'd like to see them have Steve Bartman throw out the first pitch at the home opener next year. That would be a real classy move. It was absolutely awful the way Cubs fans treated that guy.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

2,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TENNESSEE
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gweempose.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-cubs-fans-out-there?tu=gweempose and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.