Cubs WIN flag (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
IMG_2730 (resized).JPG
IMG_2489 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
th (resized).jpg
20161102_222657 (resized).jpg
20161102_195438 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dirtbag66.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 7 years ago

As long as Daniel Murphy is alive, he will continue to haunt the Cubs. Dude single handedly smoked them last year with the Mets, and could possibly do it again this year with the Nationals. Cubs should have swept the 87 win Giants, but needed four games and a miraculous 9th inning comeback to beat them.

And don't sleep on the Indians. They are getting it done with an injury plagued pitching staff.

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

I'm typically a pretty big Braves fan and watched a great deal of games up until this year. They suck ass.

I'm a White Sox fan, and as terrible as they were this year, I either watched on TV, watched live, listened, or followed on my phone every game this year.

Being a true fan is all about sticking with your team through the good times AND the bad. Chicago fans are terrible at this. Case in point: the Chicago Bulls. In the 90s, you couldn't get anywhere near the United Center unless you had tickets. All the celebs were there (Oprah, *barf*). Now? Nothing. Still a good time and they sell a lot of seats, but the fanbase is non-existent. Once they start winning again (*cough* Blackhawks anyone?), the "fans" will come back in droves.

#62 7 years ago

White Sox went 11-1 in '05.

Best Cubs can do now is 11-2.

Just sayin'.

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg

#80 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

When the Cubs make it to the World Series, I suspect we will see the highest average ticket prices in the history of sports.

"If"

Kinda need to score runs in order to win games. They might want to start by getting a base runner past second base.

#119 7 years ago

Kershaw will be just fine in game six.

Meanwhile, the Indians are resting. And getting healthy.

Now THAT'S scary.

#123 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

only thing scary in the midwest is how sully a bunch of Brewers and Wsox fans seem to be.
I never knew America's team was so hated till this post season.
I know I am having fun enjoying October ball. Only makes it more fun when a hurt fan of some other team is so obviously making up for their personal failures with hate.

You're right, I am a White Sox fan. But my comment on a healthy Indians team has nothing to do with me "hating" on the Cubs. The Indians just got done eliminating two of the best offensive teams in baseball in 9 games...with a M.A.S.H. unit of a pitching staff. Shoot, one of their best starters had to leave in the first inning with a nasty bloody finger, and their bullpen came in and shut the Jays down.

Imagine what they could do with a healthy pitching staff. That's all I was saying.

And believe me, I'm not "hurt" by any means what-so-ever. Remembering 2005 is a whole lot simpler than remembering 1908. Because, you know, we weren't born yet.

#126 7 years ago

clayton-kershaw-dodgers (resized).pngclayton-kershaw-dodgers (resized).png

#148 7 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

man one more day
cant wait till tomorrow
GO TRIBE!

Absolutely no one (outside of Cleveland) is picking the Indians to win.

And this is a good thing! They have thrived on being the underdog all season long, and it has led to them being 7-1 in the postseason. Oh, and that 7-1 record? That was accomplished against much stronger opponents than San Francisco and Los Angeles, and with a pretty beat up pitching staff. Imagine what they could do with a healthy roster PLUS home field...

#193 7 years ago

soxbeatcubs (resized).jpgsoxbeatcubs (resized).jpg

#196 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

yup, you sure are.

A blue flag with an "L" on it? That doesn't make any sense.

#202 7 years ago

soxbeatcubs (resized).jpgsoxbeatcubs (resized).jpg

#290 7 years ago

Cute.

Now try doing it in less than 12 games.

2005 White Sox. 11-1. Four complete games IN A ROW. Almost certainly a feat that will never be matched. Oh, and if I remember correctly, the Sox faced a healthy Astros team that included Clemens, Pettite, Oswald, Lidge as well as Bagwell and Biggio. And let's not forget they swept the defending champs and took care of a very strong Angels in five.

Cubs faced Bumgarner, Kershaw, and a busted up Indians pitching staff that was missing two key players. 17 games to accomplish THAT?!?

#335 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

agreed. Cubs fans dont even care about white sox largley.

They did in '05! That bandwagon was pretty much bottoming out that year. I saw plenty of people who I knew personally that were die-hard Cubs fans latch onto the nearest winning, popular thing just to feel better about themselves. It was really, really pathetic.

#341 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

that is both funny and a sad thing to lie about.
We both know that no actual die hard cubs fans have ever become white sox fans...
There are people that root for both teams, but never have met someone that gave up on the cubs to become a whitesox fan, lol/

I never said they stopped being Cubs fans. I just said they latched on to the Sox bandwagon in an attempt to find some positivity in their otherwise useless lives. Chicago fans are the worst when it comes to that crap. Case in point: the Blackhawks and Bulls. Ask any of these Blackhawks "fans" who start cheering for them once the playoffs start what a cross check is and you'll get 15 seconds of silence followed by, "Toews and Kaner!!! Woooooo!". And the second Jordan left the Bulls, those fans jumped ship faster than you can say "Oprah Winfrey with courtside seats".

Pathetic.

#356 7 years ago

People still watch SNL?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 25.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dirtbag66.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-cubs-fans-out-there?tu=dirtbag66 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.