Cubs WIN flag (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
IMG_2730 (resized).JPG
IMG_2489 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
th (resized).jpg
20161102_222657 (resized).jpg
20161102_195438 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chisox.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#159 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

It is going to be a fun series no matter how many dirtbags want to chatter on with senseless stuff.
I will say that past experiences with Dirtbag make way more sense now that we all know he is a sox fan

Cubs fans are always wondering why so many Sox fans actively root against the Cubs and their fans (I'm not one of them by the way). I present exhibit A. Just watch the series and enjoy your incredibly talented team. Judas Priest.

#174 7 years ago
Quoted from pinball_erie:

Can't wait for it to be done so we can commence with the real sports. Chilly nights and no one but the pitcher will actually break a sweat sphhhheeeewwwww............"atheletes" HA HA HA

Oh brother do I have to have this argument again? Last time was 10 PMs with Centerflank.

#217 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

does chicago destroy thing when a team wins? I dont think that is their style???
I dont remember anything for the blackhawks win.

Well there's definitely a ton of collateral damage, all the cops were in Wrigleyville to keep all the bros in line while in the rest of the city there were record number of shootings last weekend. The Hawks have about 2% of the number of fans the Cubs do, and that might even be pushing it. Cubs win + warm weather = uh oh. That being said, I don't have a team in this game, but I think game 7s in the World Series are the pinnacle of sports so I can't wait.

#315 7 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Woo! Yes! Cubs win! I wish my Dad had lived to see this!

Me too. He was the biggest Cubs fan I've ever seen (my Dad that is). He was elated for me when the White Sox won in 2005, I wish he could have seen this. Congrats Cubs fans, you can finally say your team is the World Series champs.

#319 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Crosstown rivalries are natural, but the animosity in this particular case is completely one-sided. When the Sox won the World Series in '05, I didn't hear a single Cubs fan say a negative thing about them. A lot of fans were indifferent, but many of them were actually happy for the Sox. In comparison, I heard that some bars on the south side were actually buying a round of drinks every time a Cubs' opponent scored in the post season. Like I said, pathetic.

I know a lot of Cubs haters being a southsider, but I also know a lot of Sox haters who were openly rooting for the Astros in 2005 and told me so to my face. I also had a lot of hardcore Cubs fans congratulate me when they won, as I did with many friends and family members today. Whatever, it's amazing how easy these things roll off your back once your team wins it all. The rivalry is definitely mellowing out over the last 15 years and now that they've both won the WS much of the tension will ease.

#320 7 years ago
Quoted from TiltDis:

Everybody ready for the parade tomorrow?

Downvoted because I work downtown. It's gonna be a shit show.

#323 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

What's ironic is that the Cubs winning is probably good for the Sox as well, since it will put some pressure on Reinsdorf to improve the team.

That's our hope. They really need to do something because they're losing a lot of attention with the jaugernaut up north and the Blackhawks. They remind me a lot of the Sam Zell/Tribune era Cubs with all their shitty free agent signings and lack of talent in the minors. We really need a Theo or Jed to steer this rudderless ship out of this malaise.

#329 7 years ago

One more thing, I have an untouched Chicago Tribune from today with all the Cubs coverage if some Cubs fan from out of town wants it as a keepsake. Otherwise it goes in the firepit with the rest lol. PM me and I'll mail it to you.

#334 7 years ago

I'm sorry but the people saying there is no crosstown rivalry between the Cubs/Sox are delusional. Granted it's stronger on the South Side and we're not the Cardinals but to deny it exists is nuts. I've been to both parks when they play each other since it was an exhibition game in the 80's. It's real. And I think it's good for both teams.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

2,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TENNESSEE
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chisox.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-cubs-fans-out-there?tu=chisox and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.