Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 459 posts
  • 139 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Daditude
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Promo Screen Shot 5 (resized).png
    Promo Screen Shot 1 (resized).png
    Promo Screen Shot 2 (resized).png
    Promo Screen Shot 3 (resized).png
    IMG_20200314_105806 (resized).jpg
    373DEA6B-85D1-4D36-A734-35D46119D284 (resized).jpeg
    F191497C-4A3E-4BE4-9C8D-7DF9D5F9703B (resized).jpeg
    Hilton.png
    IMG_20191212_201317 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20200313-122325_Gallery (resized).jpg
    IMG_20200314_031604 (resized).jpg
    images (resized).jpg
    r9y3meq3d6m41 (resized).jpg
    ESwmm8aUMAADndE (resized).jpg
    D61492F8-C2AB-4591-8E20-6CF871F8D452 (resized).jpeg
    6E55E460-1768-45AF-A40C-51AAD313C2CA (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #241 Official MGC announcement Posted by goatdan (4 years ago)

Post #370 Message from Deeproot Posted by frankmac (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wickerman2.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#22 4 years ago
    Quoted from Potatoloco:

If you have a habit of wiping down the lockbar or buttons with your shirt, AVOID doing this because you could pretty much carry the strain around with you, though this is the case with a lot of strains.

“Viruses, including coronavirus cannot live outside the body for prolonged periods of time. Under the right conditions, including the right humidity and the right temperature, this virus might survive on a surface for 30 minutes. And that would be under very optimized conditions,”

So, for shows, just play terrible, unpopular games.

#32 4 years ago
    Quoted from Wickerman2:

“Viruses, including coronavirus cannot live outside the body for prolonged periods of time. Under the right conditions, including the right humidity and the right temperature, this virus might survive on a surface for 30 minutes. And that would be under very optimized conditions,”
    So, for shows, just play terrible, unpopular games.

Forget it, now the guy testifying before congress says hours or up to a day...so back to covering yourself with alcohol.

#36 4 years ago
    Quoted from Utesichiban:

Take this seriously folks

Makes sense.

Hard to claim this is all nonsense, fear mongering when people can see in real time what’s happening in other countries. Lives being lost. Government quarantines. It’s a natural reaction I suppose for some to deny reality when they don’t like what they see.

#43 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

why would this.

Normal flu has a vaccine and anti viral treatment and is lethal to a small fraction of people AND you usually know if you have the flu. The numbers are skewed because corona hasn’t spread as far as the flu.

Flu kills .1 %
    This kills up to 30x that # and is very deadly to the elderly causing lung infections.

It can be mild and present as a normal cold if it stays in nose/throat but can travel in to lungs and turn critical overnight.

We have zero immunity to corona whereas flu, again would have a certain percentage of people with antibodies.

If allowed to spread as much as the flu between this year and next “season” this has potential to kill as many or more than Spanish flu of 1918.

#44 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

s delaying the inevitable.

This may be true but delaying getting it actually helps in that the shitty healthcare system we have will be overwhelmed if everyone gets it in the first “wave”.

#54 4 years ago
    Quoted from DanDanDAN:

Not a SINGLE healthy person who contracted Covid-19 has died not a single person.

What data do you have that shows that?

Even if that were true, which I am suspect of, why then would you want to catch it and carry it to “unhealthy “ people?

This stuff is based on 10’s of thousands of known cases across the planet. It’s not some barstool musing by me.

#56 4 years ago
    Quoted from pipes:

There are many people that have coronavirus and don't even know it because all they have are the sniffles and do not get tested.

Which is what I said in that post and which is why this is spreading so fast.

#59 4 years ago
    Quoted from pipes:

That 30x figure is inaccurate and complete BS.

It is spread across age groups.

For example, regular flu, say .1% Death rate for a 40’s guy, corona .4%...that’s 4x. As age goes up, along with any other conditions, diabetes, heart disease, smoking history, death rate goes up.

Numbers are numbers. Total cases currently show average of 3.4% death rate.

Don’t be mad at me, it’s a virus.

#63 4 years ago

So if it’s not 3.4% according to pinside, say it’s 1%...that’s 10x more deadly. Again it’s skewed for age groups so do you want to kill grandma because you are tough and can handle the sniffles?

What are you actually debating?

#64 4 years ago
    Quoted from Xenon75:

For additional perspective, heart disease kills 1774 persons PER DAY, cancer 1641, accidents 466, and strokes 401 per day. The tornado

3 people don’t catch those events for each occurrence.

#86 4 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

global pandemic experts among a group of people I wouldn't trust to rebuild my flippers.

If we linked to articles with experts explaining how to rebuild flippers would that be valid?

#90 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinlawyer:

We'll all be exposed to it eventually. There isn't much point in avoiding exposure.

It slows stress to healthcare system. Instead of a spike, a gentle curve. So you should definitely delay getting it.

#91 4 years ago

I just figured out why all the we-have-normal-flu-deaths-so-what!!!! posts popped up today....developing

#101 4 years ago

.5=5x.1

Todays hot tip: stop reading the twitter feed of he who shall not be named.

5x more deadly than flu with no vaccine or anti viral treatment. Sorry Grandma! My bad! Hope everything works out, heading to play pinball.

Apologies for being inflammatory

#147 4 years ago
    Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Then they go see their grandma,

This will not pass through and enter the consciousness of certain people. So sad.

#159 4 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

This one?
    https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2002032
    “Our findings were more similar to the national official statistics, which showed a rate of death of 3.2% among 51,857 cases of Covid-19 as of February 16, 2020.11”
    (Full disclosure: Kermit and I are friends)

I think the death rate will lower and still be 5-10x normal flu once widespread testing takes place...complete guess.

Those numbers with no vaccine or treatment will make this year and next winter rough.

#193 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

some rando's white board.

There’s a hilarious pic of a crane machine filled with TP, not sure if you’ve seen that one

#209 4 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

If they do this in the US, the Pittsburgh Pirates and San Jose Sharks games will be unaffected.

BOOM!

#267 4 years ago
    Quoted from Utesichiban:

March Madness will be played without fans and rumors are the NBA will follow by this weekend.

Nba done

#353 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bublehead:

No, Just different whistle blowers for different folks... I think it depends on who flags your post as offensive or break

Saying this type of thing has gotten me perma-ejected from threads. FYI watch out!

#366 4 years ago

Are they waiting for local government to say no gatherings over xx number people to cover potential liability for costs etc?

#387 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Alcohol suppresses the immune system and as a guy in his 50’s

I cut way back a few years ago—essentially zero—-and I think I catch less in the way of colds etc. Not sure if I have any science to back that up but seems that way.

#406 4 years ago
    Quoted from the_quail_man17:

Still planning to be at MGC. I’m not worried

I love an optimist! Nice.

#415 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

bet it sucks to be a valet or door guy

Walmart greeter

#420 4 years ago

Reality bites

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wickerman2.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-coronavirus-concerns-for-tpf-amp-mgc?tu=wickerman2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.