Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 459 posts
  • 139 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Daditude
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Promo Screen Shot 5 (resized).png
    Promo Screen Shot 1 (resized).png
    Promo Screen Shot 2 (resized).png
    Promo Screen Shot 3 (resized).png
    IMG_20200314_105806 (resized).jpg
    373DEA6B-85D1-4D36-A734-35D46119D284 (resized).jpeg
    F191497C-4A3E-4BE4-9C8D-7DF9D5F9703B (resized).jpeg
    Hilton.png
    IMG_20191212_201317 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20200313-122325_Gallery (resized).jpg
    IMG_20200314_031604 (resized).jpg
    images (resized).jpg
    r9y3meq3d6m41 (resized).jpg
    ESwmm8aUMAADndE (resized).jpg
    D61492F8-C2AB-4591-8E20-6CF871F8D452 (resized).jpeg
    6E55E460-1768-45AF-A40C-51AAD313C2CA (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #241 Official MGC announcement Posted by goatdan (4 years ago)

Post #370 Message from Deeproot Posted by frankmac (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snyper2099.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#191 4 years ago
    Quoted from goingincirclez:

Relevant to the topic, I can only offer the following observation:

- I attended LAX 2020 this past weekend, as I have annually since 2015. KY reported its first cases this same weekend. Week prior, the local sanitizer sellouts had begun. Still, I opted to go anyway...

- This was, by far, the lightest 3-day crowd I have ever experienced at LAX. It was almost eerie. Every year, the aisles were packed, and for a stretch on Saturday it was hard to move. The organizers rearranged things this year to help with that but there was no escaping the fact that attendance - as compared to my previous 5 years' experience of game wait lines / times, break-out room crowds, and even cosplay and other tournament crowds - was down.

The fear is for real, and precaution is sensible.

I have been at every single LAX and I would disagree with most all of this post. There were fewer people there LAST YEAR than this year. Especially on Sunday. I have been a vendor at the show many times and speak directly with the organizers about the attendance numbers every year.

The fear might be real but it seems like you are suggesting that this fear is a good thing. I disagree. There is overreacting and then there is being completely dismissive of any public issues like this.

If you are sensible about it and realize that you that you can only control your own actions, you will be fine. No post on an internet forum is going to change anything. It's always good to be somewhere in the middle. You should always practice habits to make you safe from disease in the general public all the time. There is no reason to ONLY do this when there is a cold floating around that can cause severe respiratory issues.

There are plenty of positives to be seen.... Buying and reselling hand sanitizer and masks on ebay is certainly going strong!

I am not that surprised at the government response thus far. It is a direct response to the panic put forth by the local and national news media, social media, and other media that is really only doing this because it is an opportunity to make THEM HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF DOLLARS A DAY. All mentioned sources are involved because it's the best way to put their ideas about how to run things into the spotlight and to drum up support for their ways of thinking. Same old song and dance over the last 100 years.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snyper2099.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-coronavirus-concerns-for-tpf-amp-mgc?tu=snyper2099 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.